1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It took Superman Watt to beat Geno Smith at home

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 18, 2021.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Watt's a beast and showing every bit of his contract.

As others stated, Highsmith has played great. I believed he would play well. Norwood played as good as anyone could expect.

One guy I'm a bit frustrated with...

Devin Bush

This guy has been disappointing imo. He runs away from the player and over pursues runs providing a cut back. A weakness in our defense is running right up the middle.

I realize not having Tuitt impacts this, but coaching should be calling this out in him. He needs to play better against the inside rush

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His slow start is understandable. He’s coming off a major knee injury, suffered a groin injury, no longer has Hilton helping out and doesn’t have Vince next to him and learning to play with a new player in Schobert.

All you have to do to see the impact he makes on this defense is to watch what happened to it when he got injured last season. His skills allow them to play a certain way on defense, it’s why they traded up for him because he allows them to play like they did when they had Shaizer, he’s just not as good as him yet. I look for him to pick his game up in the second half of the season, should have confidence back in his knee by then.

If you want to blame someone, blame coaching that puts all its eggs in one players health. Design a defense that doesn’t fall apart with one guy going down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Well there's no where but up from here. People like to talk smack on many other players but he's been largely a weakness thus far. We can blame an injury or even coaching the bottom line is if you're playing the Steelers all you have to do is run right at him.

Throw him a little misdirection and watch him run himself right out of the play as the running back gets another 5 to 20 yards. The Steelers actually are the 2nd worst team in allowing 20+ yard runs.

I personally don't think the issue is coaching. He's a third year player now. If he's afraid of getting injured then even more the reason to not have him out there.

We have more season so I'm hoping he turns it around but as of now l he's been a weakness imo. It's not to say Schobert couldn't do better also but he is green as a Steeler i give him more leeway.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People like to write off injuries as an excuse but I don’t think anyone coming back from an ACL hits the ground running, it takes time both physically and mentally.

We’ll have to disagree about his level of play (prior to this season) I know what the defense looks like without him, thats all I need to know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I thought the third Manning brother was named Cooper?? You mean they have another brother named Stan??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Wrong. 3rd place in the AFCN.

7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I meant Cooper lmao

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I personally don't think the issue is coaching. He's a third year player now. If he's afraid of getting injured then even more the reason to not have him out there.
    Who decides to put him out there game after game after game? Himself or the coach? If its the coach, then we do have a coaching issue. The coaches either can't develop him, they haven't developed anyone else (or acquired) to go in for him, or feel all is OK with him in there. Is there any other possibilities? JMO>

9. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    On Tomlin: How fans can watch this team get taken to the brink in OT by a team with a bad defense and a QB who hadn't started in 4 years, and still find it within themselves to defend Tomlin as a coach is beyond comprehensible. It's undeniably ostrich syndrome.

Carroll completely outcoached Tomlin Sunday night. If you switched coaches, it would have been a laugher.

On top of it, we also have people defending Tomlin's brushing off of Najee wanting to watch film. What kind of jackassery is that? Holy **** lol

On Devin Bush: He's clearly not 100%. With ACL injuries, guys recover faster than before in that they can return to play sooner but they seldom come back and immediately play like they did before. If they ever regain that level of play, it's not till the next season.

10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The Ravens were doing a lot of patting and slapping when they snuck by the winless Lions with a last second FG aided by a delay of game no call

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Carroll got outcoached in the first half, and his team lost :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Which is why I included a "Too Long, Didn't Read".

13. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This type of response always seems ironic to me if not possibly hypocritical. I never suggested people should not be able to express their thoughts and opinions. Afterall, that is exactly what I was doing in my post. However, you feeling the need to tell me that along with advising me to leave this forum and find another tells me that it is YOU that would rather not see my thoughts and opinions here.

I do not think your response is good advice for any rational person, what is the point in being on any forum where everyone just agrees?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Recurring theme is he's afraid to make that throw over the line for fear of a batted ball. 8 is right there and he sees him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Then why complain about what people are posting (i.e. the entire 1st paragraph of your original post)? I too was expressing my thoughts and opinion. And you call me hypocritical? OK, if you say so. I'll respect your opinion if you'll respect mine (even its not for rational people).
    I also didn't advise you to do diddly but mentioned that there are other options if you don't like what people are posting on this board that you posted about.

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Baltimore has SEVENTEEN players on IR ... They're on their FIFTH string RB!!!!!!Lost 3 top notch OL, and have Big AL ( who WE wanted no part of ) at LT...

I can't stand Harboo, But he has ALWAYS done more with less than Tomlin! Popcorn wouldn't have a win right now, with what the Ravens have endured!

Year after year with loaded teams, and Harbaugh was either right there with him, or better!

He won Super Bowls with Dilfer AND Flacco for f**** sakes! Harboo would have had 3-4 Super Bowls with Popcorns teams!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So Harbaugh won a Super Bowl with Dilfer in 2000?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Harbaugh won 1 super bowl and it wasn’t in 2000. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans want to bash Tomlin so bad, they don't even know what they're talking about :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s funny actually.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

My take from this whole thread is that I couldn't get beyond how much the dude in this clip looks like C.M. Punk:

punk.jpg

Sometimes I have a short attention span, and sometimes the thread is just self-serving and frankly stupid. Now that I think of it, my response is the Venn diagram intersection of all three.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Ehh, Lamar is only counting for $3 mil against the cap this year. Ravens are in that rookie QB window where you can pay a star peanuts and instead load up on talent around him. Lamar is less than 2% of their salary cap. Ben is 14%, and will be about 5% next year even in retirement.

Flacco was cheap too until his post-SB contract crippled their teams. Russell Wilson single handedly ended the legion of boom. We'll see with Mahomes, he's still a steal on this year's books at $7 mil.

For comparison, no QB has ever won a SB above 13%. Peyton, Brady, and Young are the only ones to do it above 12%.

Only Philly is spending less than Baltimore on QBs, but the production they are getting is some of the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    What's any of this have to do with my post? 17 guys on IR! 5th string RB! Down their 3 best OL! What do you seriously think Popcorns record would be under those circumstances?

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Good catch, I didn't notice that the first time.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude really? They won on a one play drive for the longest FG ever that bounced on the crossbar against Detroit...

I just listened to The Terrible podcast and they were talking about what Baltimore is doing, last year when Pittsburgh was winning 11 games on a wing and a prayer they were talking about how they weren't a normal 11-0 team!

Baltimore is surviving on late game collapses of their opponents and crazy bounces, now they're the class of the AFC north...

• Winner Winner x 1