1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with going to a Steelers game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by gzwick26, Oct 19, 2021.

1. gzwick26

gzwick26 Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Hi everyone. I’ve been a die hard Steelers fan all of my life and my daughter would love to make the trip to Pittsburgh with me to see her first Steelers game in person. I was looking at trying to get there for the November 8th Monday night game. I’m thinking of trying to get a hotel 20-30 min away from the stadium so it’s not too expensive and then get 2 tickets so she’s close to seeing the players and Ben while she still can. Any thoughts or advice on anything would be greatly appreciated. I’m coming from 6 1/2 hours away from New York.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Read the sticky thread up top that says things to do while in Pittsburgh visiting for a game, that should be of help to you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I grew up near Bridgeville PA. 15-20 minute commute to downtown. Lots of decent restaurants and some nightlife. Several hotels in the area but book them very soon. The longer you wait the more expensive they become. There is a restaurant there called The Burg. Great pizza and wings. Also, Texas Roadhouse. Even though it's a chain restaurant it is very good and reasonably priced. You should also ride the incline while there although you may battle the weather that time of year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gzwick26

gzwick26 Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Okay. Thanks. Any thoughts on this hotel I’m looking at 20 min away? Holiday inn express-Pittsburgh-north -harmarville? Also where is best to get 2 tickets?

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Check with hotels when you book to see if they have shuttles to the games. We went 2 years ago and were planning on parking near the stadium, but our hotel had a bus that took hotel guests to the game and then back to the hotel afterward. Made getting to and from the game a breeze.

• Like Like x 2
  6. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm going to this same game and the tix on the secondary market if you go to the steelers website, view the schedule, and then click view tickets and buy thru ticketmaster don't seem too pricey compared to years in the past. You can find lower level(endzone) for under $200 and upper deck for under $100. I bought directly from the steelers lower level for 100 and some...forget the exact pricing.

I'm staying at a hotel in the Green Tree area. I typically stay downtown and just walk to the game, but I have stayed in the Green Tree area in the past and they did have shuttle/bus like another poster mentioned. I did not ask the hotel if they are still doing that this year as I am fine driving and parking, so I can have my cooler and beer.

I 2nd the sticky on what to do while in Pittsburgh. It pretty much nails everything.