1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You should be completely embarrassed …

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Oct 18, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Get a life, is that you Benny Lava? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You're right I log in and out of the same thread to talk to myself.

3. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I think there's a difference between a kicking team, on the road, having to rush onto the field to make a fg with 1 second on the clock and a kicking team having the extra time to prepare for kick.

There was always going to be time left on the clock but it took the refs way longer then 2 seconds to sort everything out, and it impacted the flow of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Whatever it takes for a few extra pages in a thread, that's what I always say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol. Then you gotta setup another email address for another account. It's a pain in the ass, I'm not going to go to that level for a sports board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    O... no, no... you think winning is going to stop some of the people on here from complaining? And I don't mean about just anything... I mean complaining expressly about WINNING!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    When I read the title and clicked, I thought this was going to be about how we struggled to beat an average team that didn`t even have their starting QB.

8. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I realize at the end of the day, we got the win and that's what counts... but I think that quagmire at the end of regulation definitely deserves a discussion. I am no rules expert but it definitely did not feel like everything that transpired in that sequence was handled properly. I am not saying the refs had it out for us or anything but for one thing it seemed the player with the ball was attempting to place it his damn self. I don't know if there are rules about that and didn't quite see when, if, or how the ref got it and placed it himself but that is the most minor of issues. The biggest one being a booth review acting as a sort of lifeline, emergency time-out. It stops the clock while they look and depending on the ruling, if it is a play that keeps the clock going then the clock resumes when the ref places the ball and signals or whistles to resume time? Is that right? So just by default in that situation it saves the trailing team critical seconds rushing to the line and getting off a play hoping everyone knows their assignment and no one makes a huge mistake, unless it is a spike. That seems to me to have big implications... which is mainly highlighted here because of the particular play it was used on seemed to be pretty straight forward to the most casual observer. Is there any criteria a play must meet to allow booth review or is it just up to booth discretion? Is there limit to how much they can do it? And going down the rabbit hole, is it possible some sneaky OC or players can devise a play or set of actions in that type of scenario to attempt or even force a booth review?!

I am probably overthinking it... but it got me wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I honestly felt that Smith spike the ball in time anyways and the review was whether he spike it or not in time. The play in question that sparked the review was so obvious that I didn't understand why it was reviewed. If they reviewed that spike, I'm sure Seattle would've had one second on the clock and likely made the field goal anyways. It was certainly a confusion set of events nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I thought that Seattle got the ball spiked before the clock hit 00:00. My concern is how comically poor the tackling became during that entire 17 point spurt.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I read a few post before the game that if we didn't destroy the Seahawks it shows how bad this team is. I guess we better beat the Lions by 21:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Yea the 3rd quarter might have been some of the worst tackling I have ever seen at the NFL level. Ever

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Tomlin is the defensive coach whose team allowed a receiver to get to the sideline with no timeouts and the clock running.

This team is NEVER on the details and relies on hero ball to secure wins over the worst of opponents.

Tomlin's antics are distracting from the fact that his defense committed a cardinal sin in the closing moments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    when the TV announcers came back in the second half and said carroll told them they wanted to run the ball in the second half and then they said tomlin thought they were going to start throwing the ball in the second half there was a problem. seattle ran down our throats while we played nickel defense against it. then we finally after they scored put our base in for one play stopped it then went back to the nickel. tackling was terrible as well. :facepalm::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Pierre was scared of getting beat deep, he gave DK too much cushion.

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Won't be the first or last time. Games have been won/lost due to the zebras incompetence. They are untouchable.

They won in an ugly fashion. Without Watts efforts in OT who knows.

The clowns are hobbled. Hunt and Chubb have calf injuries. Hunt was carted off the field. Faker Mayfield has a dislocated shoulder.

Maybe we get Tuitt back. Maybe. Some nursing injuries have a week of rest.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Some just see it as a win and critiquing is frowned upon. They better straighten out these many issues or the pom pom squad will be upset.

To turn a blind eye over a win against the worst defense in the league, without their franchise QB, gashing the living $hit out of this defense and then finally they make an adjustment and an offense that went to sleep. Should have put this team away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    NFL officiating, combined with NFL rules, are amazing levels of awful. The review process is completely broken. Anyone see that roughing call on Cleveland? Sure we hate the Browns, but holy **** that is terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    this

tomlin will figure that out....someday....

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree with Tomlin and Butler for finally changing the defense to stop the run. But it took way to long to make the adjustments and it let Seattle back in the game and eventually tied us. Just saying these adjustments need to come sooner and no this is not in hind sight because everyone around me was yelling to change it up way before they did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    how about the clear block in the back and they picked the flag up? what???????????????:cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012

23. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I would take this team knowing its a crazy season with a new OL, Older HOF Qb, new RB, and too many to name hurt Def. Than a team like KC power house, Cleveland. Did you check standing we are 3-3 just like them. Another point i would like to make Fans always crying we played a team without its star players, well to me thats a you problem. If playing team with all hurt stars and we win division, playoff, or superbowl oh well. Main example people cry that the Steelers loss to Denver, but forget how many hurt players the steelers had enteing that game with. Whats goid for goose is great for us

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What?

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I get it but that expression is butchered.

One in the foot is worth ten in the tree.
    Have your cake and wear it too.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2