1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Find three more wins on the schedule.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    They can beat Denver next week Denver is not good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Chicago and Detroit

3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If Fields gets the nod going forward, and gets all the reps in practice and starts all games up to the Steelers game, it's a push. Lions look like Steelers only sure lock win.

4. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Steelers are lucky Bridgewater was hurt today

5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I still think they can win home games against teams such as Denver,Chicago, Detroit,Tennessee, and give Seattle a good game . I think they can win road games at Cincy with a healthy D and at Minnesota as well and maybe steal one game against either the Browns or Ravens. I still think the D is good enough to keep them in enough games and win 7-9 games if Ben and the offense can score enough points in these games. Easier said then done.

6. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Broncos, Bears, Lions, and Titans are all winnable. Also, you can never count out splitting the division games, especially the Ravens this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We Win the Next 3 game in a Row.
    So says Me, Myself, and I.

8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They've already lost the most winnable division game at home, by two TDs.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Lock is a backup QB. The Steelers D usually chokes big time vs. backup QBs.

10. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I hope we don't find 1 more win. All a win does at this point is mess up our draft pick. Not like this team is going to the playoffs.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You really do like ignoring the impact of injuries on that game, especially the absence of most of their pass rush against a team that can't protect its quarterback.

If the defense is relatively healthy the second time around, I like their chances against the Bengals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Freakin Tim Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He only had to throw 18 times.

All teams have injuries. Find a new excuse. They beat us with Ryan Finley in the previous meeting.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This didn't age well :facepalm:, you still think they won't get those 3 wins :lolol:?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah this aged about as well as a tunafish sandwich I left on my dashboard in the hot sun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess now, we just have to find one more win!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

Since this thread was bumped, I felt the need to revisit my post.

Nothing about these past two games is causing me to change my 7 or 8 win total.

I like the commitment to the run game these past two weeks. I wouldn't say Najee had the best game running the rock, but the more carries he gets the better he will get and the OLine will get better. Limited Ben to 30 to 35 passes per game will go a long way to winning games and the offense improving as a unit. Today Ben nearly threw two picks to #33: one went through his arms and hit him in the chest and the other went right into his face mask. Sans Johnson's huge drop at the wrong time of the night, I felt he had a great game, as did MOOOOTH.

The lack of wrapping up on defense is troubling especially with our secondary. I'm usually one to defend Edmunds, but not today. He missed 2 to 3 tackles, one of those plays him and Fitzpatrick whiffed. The d got gashed by a 3rd string RB today. With that said Highsmith had a solid game with two sacks and a tfl. Then there's Watt being Watt with two sacks of his own and forcing the fumble that ultimately decided the game.

As for Canada, I'm noticing more and more of his offense being implemented. It's still very vanilla, at this point. The Ebrom Jet Sweep for the TD is a staple in his short yardage sets. I think we'll really see his playbook after the bye week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    We have to figure out what happened in the 2nd half of the game and why Ben and the offense abandoned Canada's offense with play action and Ben under center and went back to the quick passing game out of the shotgun. Did Ben reinjure his hip?

In OT it was 3 shotgun plays for short passes and Punt.

19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers are a medicore team. They will finish 7-10 or 8-9 this year.

20. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dumb thread, useless thread. Goes against the FUNDAMENTAL nature of football.

21. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    The OP is probably one of the most negative people on this board....its always like he and others like him have a stick stuck up their behinds..."their" being guys like Benny Lava, DookieDookieDookie, and this guy....I've literally never seen a positive post out of any of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Maddog isn't always negative, tbf. He has some good insights, better than the usual repetitive misery stuff that comes from some.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Win is a win but let’s face it this isn’t a playoff contender. Offense still can’t use the middle of the field effectively and Ben has no accuracy deep. That severely limits what the offense can do when team stack the box which all teams should do vs us.

Defensively this team has major problems up front with no Tuitt or Alulu. Nobody else like Buggs or Wormly have stepped up at all. Bush is regressing Edmunds still isn’t any good Minkah is a ghost. Defense is capable of a big play still with Watt and finally Highsmith getting to the QB but this unit appears very average.

A W is a W and they are hard to get in this league but Denver was a fraud at 3-0 they beat the Giants Jags and Jets. Seattle had no Wilson which is the entire offense almost.

After the first 4 games I was thinking 5 wins but they are clearly getting more than that. 7-10 or 8-9 seem to be more realistic. After the Bears and Lions in a few weeks this schedule gets very hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Enjoy the parade after narrow home victories over Teddy Bridgewater and Geno Smith. They'll luck their way into more wins than I thought when I posted this, but my 7-10 prediction still looks better than the 13 and 14 some of you dopes predicted.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1