1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

You should be completely embarrassed …

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Oct 18, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    “You” ….meaning the officials and the NFL for that blatant attempt to send a game into OT. Some might call that an actual fix. Ive never seen such a quick announcement of a review to any catch, let alone an obvious catch and fumble.

Oh and all you idiots that said the Watt didn't deserve that contract.

We’re 3-3… Watt has 2 wins, steelers have 1 win. He got screwed out of an mvp last season . On his way to another.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Don't know how it would have been any different for them to kick the FG with 1 second on the clock vs. 2 seconds.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin called it an embarrassment for what the refs did on that call.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look the drunk guy is calling people idiots.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    thats funny because I posted that before I heard that. He speaks the truth

• Like Like x 4
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will wait until guys do the replay and look at video but I don't think the Seahawks got set and I really don't think the refs were paying attention to men on the field because it looked like some Seattle players had moved onto the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Looked like the snap got off at 1-2 seconds. Was zero when the qb spiked it

8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We won. That's all that counts. If we would have lost, we'll then we could complain. Lol

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I went back and watched they had 1 second left but...they had people on the field , and weren't lined correct when He spiked it the 1st time. So the refs stopping the play means none of that matters....So in a way they got help

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It was a BS call for sure especially when it was clearly a catch followed by about two seconds of control. However, I thought the ball was spiked and hit the ground with 1 second left. Regardless, we won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Take the W. Rest up get tuitt back and going and go take Cleveland to the L dept.

• Like Like x 2
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    IT's a clusterfrick and thats for sure Im sure the Steelers will get a nice apology letter from the league about how they screwed up and that will be the resolution of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The one who should be embarrassed should be Tomlin for letting the game come down to that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No you should be embarrassed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Its great we won. Ive just not seen such a blatant fix like that in a while.

the time it took them to announce a review was comical. It took them 5-10 minutes to review bens fumble but they had a the clock stopped and review announced in a second. It was blatantly bad .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm going to attribute this post to being a different kind of pumped than I am right now. I get it, sometimes you are as pissed after a win as a loss. That's the way I was after the Burfict hit to AB playoff Bengals game. I believe I was breaking stuff after that one.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I give full props to Carroll and his staff for spotting a weakness in the defense and exploiting it. Some good coaching there. It's unfortunate that the depth on the line and the inside linebacker play is what it is but Cam can't do everything himself. Kudos to Tomlin and Butler for finally saying to heck with Lockett and Metcalf and stuffed the run again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Mondeaux earned his snaps tonight that was a personnel decision atleast that I agreed with after the 3rd qtr meltdown

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    The clock restarted the instant the ref set the ball. With one second left the ball would have to be instantly hiked, and the defense would know this. With 3 second left the rush had to wait for the hike, slowing them down a millisecond. So giving the Seahawks the extra 2 second took away a slight advantage to the Steelers block attempt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed .
    Also if Cam has a weakness ...run stopping is one.
    We kind of been soft against the run for awhile. I'm more surprised more don't do it . JMO.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't aware Tomlin missed those tackles on defense, we know you're disappointed they won so you can't do your usual doom and gloom shtick :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol I knew it was gonna be I didn't know Tomlin plays defense or whatever. Always so predictable with you. Never at fault.

Win, Lose in the end it won't matter with this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Okay negative Nancy, I bet you're one of those fans that sit around hoping the team loses :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 2
  24. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I see what you’re saying I just don’t think they saw and exploited a weakness. More so they just reaped benefits from trying to establish a run game in hopes it would free up the receivers, which in fact happened just like everyone thought, said, knew and eventually witnessed but in my opinion more so from ineptitude of the lack of discipline and sudden loss of tackling. Hard to make any adjustments when execution was faltering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    No, tonight's game I was indifferent to because I know ultimately what this team is, subpar to mediocre at best.

The negative Nancy's would be people like you bitching that the refs tried to steal this game or whatever and as usual letting the team's piss poor offensive and defensive planning off the hook. This Seattle team is garbage right now and they can't even dispatch them easily.

Seriously Mike Tomlin is this you?

• Agree Agree x 1