1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Animus, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    He has to be at least considered in the running for the Heisman. And I'm certainly at risk for receny bias here, but his entire body of work 5 games in is as good as anyone right now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Bryce Young from Bama Has the same Stats ....with No losses against 3 top 20 schools. That's just naming one off the top of My Head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes he's played very good against not so good opponents. Let's see how he holds up after plowing through the meat of their ACC schedule. I realize it's apples and oranges and only QBs and RBs win the Heisman, but if neither Larry Fitzgerald nor Aaron Donald, both the best players at their positions in the Country at the time, couldn't land the Heisman, there's very little chance for Kenny. Plus, this is Pitt we're talking about - a cold day in Hell when they would ever get any respect from the national media. I'd rather see the Panthers put together a solid season (finally) than get lost in Heisman chatter and hype.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers should know everything they need to know about Kenny Pickett.
    I like Kenny, I am not so sure the Steelers like him that well. I have seen him rated as 3-4 round draft choice. I think he is better than that, but I am a Pitt man and I am biased.
    The big question for Pitt backers should be will Pat Narduzzi get fired? Or if he finishes 8-4 Heather Lyke will give him a pass. I am tired of his mediocrity. We should be a top 20
    team year in year out in both football and basketball. Jeff Capel's time should be running out also.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pickett did upset Miami a few years ago but it was Peterman and James Conner who beat undefeated Clemson in 2016. I see a similar NFL career for Kenny as Nathan has had. I'd like to be wrong though.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pickett is much more athletic than Peterman, I see a career back up in his future but hopefully
    it turns out better than that. Which isn't too bad of gig if you can get it. HA HA He will make more in 4 years than
    I have in 44 years of working.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Going to break down and watch the guy.

GO PITT!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Pretty elusive so far against VT but doubt that translates the same in the NFL. BB had it earlier in his career but he was also a mountain stud. Just ask BigBenHotness.;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I forgot how excited the college kids get. PITT 5-1!!!!!!! I'm going to assume that they will be in the top 25.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The fact their only loss came against Western Michigan will haunt them the rest of the way. Would love to see them trounce Trevor-less Clemson this next Saturday at home. Then rinse and repeat the following week at home against Miami. Pitt's running game finally kicked in for the first time in several seasons. That will be needed in order to compliment Pickett's passing game. D looked stiffling with very good depth. Narduzzi just has to keep them all focused - that one embarrassing loss should help. HTP! :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    #23 in Coaches Poll, just ahead of Clemson at #24. Should be rockin' at Heinz next Saturday. Would love to be there. Hopefully they land a post season game something higher than the Preparation H Bowl. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I really started this based on what he's doing this season at Pitt and his potential Heisman creditials. He's definitely made some throws that you see on Sundays. I'm sure there will be stuff on the draft page about him, so I'll leave my thoughts on where I see him getting drafted there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes he did make some great throws Saturday and is quite elusive in the backfield and can take off when needed, but also noticed he does hang on to the ball a very long time (like BB), not sure if he's waiting for the home run ball or the receivers aren't getting open that quick. His O line helps him a lot in this regard but at the next level....?

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    BEAT CLEMSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Biggest Pitt game today in recent memory. Stadium is raucous for a Pitt crowd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    This is awesome!! Probably first NCAA game I've watched in years. Really don't follow college ball but PITT got me excited.

In early 80's I went to see a PITT/Temple game in Philly. Pitt won 77-7 if memory serves.

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Don't understand the rules relating to OT but I see Penn State is in a battle in OT. I was told if the stars align right Pitt/Penn State would be the Sugar Bowl. ??????????????????????????????????????????

Sure the hell would love that! Although I'd love to beat Notre Dame in a bowl.

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm guessing Pitt's D is not top notch.

19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    it's kind of goofy. Each team gets a chance at the opponents 25 to score a TD. I think they have to go for a 2-point conversion. If tied after both teams get a possession, then each team gets a chance at a 2-point conversion from the opponents 10 yard line. If tied after each team gets an attempt, then both teams get another chance until a winner is decided. I may have missed something, but that's it in a nut shell. They say they changed the rules to save wear and tear on players. It's suspenseful, but gimmicky. However, in the Illinois at Penn State game today, it was the right outcome. The Illini deserved to win that game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I heard the Penn State / Illinois game was longest in College football history.

GO PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Gotta love the shovel pass-int-TDs. Excellent. Go Pitt. Pummel these bums. Nice comeback after miserable first 25 minutes. HTP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    What a play by Sirvocea Dennis. I don't believe I've ever seen a shovel pass picked off let alone one returned for a TD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    This is great!!!!!! Hope they get a big Bowl game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Steelers against Cincinnati. Wasn't the year Dalton was tearing it up until he got a broken finger or something....didn't he shuffle pass right 2 one of our D line man???

25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I remember Hayward having an interception against the Giants, I think.