1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is sad

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep and this.

Only reason the Owners have not booted him all together. Removing the high octane speed at which Goodell has marketed the league essentially makes him....... a paramecium in all honesty. Nothing more to it than that I am afraid. That said, some of these Owners are at fault as well; John Mara being the most recent notable example.

"Taunting is bad in a highly competitive sport of emotion!! Cannot have that! Remove it now!!"......

.... all the while the NFL had an award for "Best Celebration By A Team" JUST last year.....

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t recall seeing that “all inclusive” NFL commercial until after the Gruden news broke

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Poor you, is that you Tucker Carlson :facepalm:?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Society always evolves and you either evolve with society or you are left behind. Gruden didn’t evolve and he was left behind. that’s how life worked yesterday, works today and will work tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They are going to pay your social security. Embrace them. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I used to watch every game that the NFL had on TV no matter what day, time, etc. I watched and had draft party's, Super Bowl party's, even if the Steelers weren't playing. Our neighborhood rotated the party house each event. No more. Now, I only watch 3 hrs of our games each week and that's it. No draft, SB, zip because of that gutless POS. He has ruined this game for me and I find the extra time not watching the NFL rewarding. But that is just me, friends. relatives, and neighbors. I am sure we won't be missed and vise versa.

7. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Artists who use racism?? Like who?? Mind pointing out lyrics specifically??

8. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You got a 2 time accused sex offender playing at QB. If Deshaun cant make bank why should Ben??? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Why should privelege be confined just to those with white skin?? Charges havent been confirmed (if any) and the NFL hasnt had a chance to complete its investigation. Dont you think it would be a bit premature to speak out on it before you get all your facts aligned? Or are you one of those that shoots first and ask questions later?? I'm almost certain he will face some type of suspension when he returns no matter what if its confirmed he settled out of court with any of the women...but regardless, he's no worse then Ben imo.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  9. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Last I checked Grudens emails contained not only racist, but bigoted, anti-gay, and misogynist comments yet you felt the need to focus on just the racist part. <mod snip> I cant say whether black people take issue with what he said or not, but why condone a mistake of that magnitude that was made by a 47 yr old (at the time) who had countless interaction with black people (many of which he mentored and looked up to him) and yet was tasteless enough to type something like that??

I fail to see how any of that has anything to do with making white people feel guilty and getting repercussion payments?? What does one have to do with the other?? This is the mistake of one white person, not many, so I fail to see the reasoning behind that statement?? I mean some claim his eventual resigning was tied to something personal between Goodell and Gruden so if that's the case, then why are fools like you trying to race bait and not recognize it as a possible underplay for the overplay by Goodell because Gruden called him a gay slur in one of the emails?

Just to show you how moronic your statement is no one was saying the same thing when tweets from Jake Fromm and Josh Allen's past popped up from their teenage years. So clearly this is not about making white people feel guilty or an agenda put in place to ensure repercussion payments or else why would they still be in the league?? I mean how ridiculous of a statement is that?? Its about making individuals be held accountable for things they thought they had got away with in the dark that has since come to the light. Just because Gruden said those things 11 years ago doesnt mean he doesnt still feel the same way about it. In case you didnt know, since you're so misinformed, those emails spanned a minimum of seven years beyond 2011 ...but either way at the end of the day it looks far worse coming from a 47 yr NFL coach then it does some 17 yr old kid who grew up in a po-dunk town and had very little interaction with black people. Gruden should be held to a higher standard of accountability because of his age and his status.

If your statement is true about making white people feel guilty and getting repercussions then we should expect another black coach to head that team in the future in a league where 70% of the players are black, but yet only 3 head coaches are black, 2 black GMs, and no black owners and you're complaining about what again??? I mean make it make sense.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm sure I'm not the only man whose hands roamed in his youth. They didn't mind back then but I'm sure if I became popular a few would come out of the walls 30 years later. As for me it's all BS. Get the F over yourself.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    No idea why but I'm probably the oldest white man who listens to rap and I don't have the time to list all the artist who use racism. Rap is not just black on black. If I put the lyrics up I'd be banned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LOL

13. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben got suspended AFTER the accusations played out and he was not charged. They're still working through those details in Deshaun's case. If Deshaun is not charged do you think he'll be suspended by the league? Ben was accused twice in two years, the first was a joke as the girl was later discovered to be bragging about it, the later not credible as the rape kit was negative. If he was accused dozens of times, you could say Deshaun was no worse.

Then we have Tyreek, Hunt, Deebo, and Mixon -- all abusers of women allowed to play in the league, but mean emails are just too much for Generation Woke.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Folks, let’s keep this away from rants about race-related issues/politics from all parts of the political spectrum. Don’t go there. We all have our views on this subject matter, but this is a football message board. A post that says “I won’t watch NFL games because….” or “Gruden got what’s coming to him because” followed by a rant on racial issues is NOT a football discussion.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think they've been running all season to be fair. Maybe they get a few extra airings now.

16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    A single-celled organism?

17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    How will they do that sitting at home playing video games and smoking weed on a UBI?

18. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Tomlin gave an honest and astute answer. He said exactly what he should have said. On to Seattle...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Its all about the MONEY $$$ and not sullying the brand.

I guess you listen to Lawrence Welk then? Or maybe Kid Rock or that jack@ss Ted Nuget. Common man keep your political BS off of here.

Lets remember, only 2 of the owners are not WHITE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Facts about the objectifying and denigration of women in some of the half time shows are not political. They're facts. That trash is allowed because it's a free country but the NFL doesn't have to celebrate it. It's time for black and white men to stand up to the BS of rap and how it degrades women. You want to kneel for something? Kneel for the honor of female humans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Notice that it was just the words on the screen with no images. Was that because they couldn't find any images to fit a message that is pretty much a lie, or was it because they thought such images would offend the fan base? Maybe both?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The crap that went on within the WFT organization under Dan Snyder's ownership was far more degrading to women, yet the league is protecting him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you really think we're ever going to see that information? The league is going to protect Snyder. Owners protect their own and the owners tell Goodell what to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't agree with everything you wrote but, I think this is the case.

25. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Feel free to just mention the artist ?and the song then?? ...I'm assuming you're talking about any one of those due to perform at halftime because otherwise why would it be relevant?? or why would you even bring it up?

So you got four options: Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar and Mary J Blige. Would you please enlighten us which one used racist language or overtones towards white people in any one of their songs and which song?? I'll wait....

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.