1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good day in the standings for the Steelers…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    KC's defense is the worst in the league, that's why they're losing, not because their offense has been "figured out".

Let's see how Baltimore does against better defenses. They scored 23 against the only good one they've played, aided by Denver's anemic offense not being able to stay on the field.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It also helps that he has Andrews at TE. That guy is a beast.

They’ve put good pieces around Jackson for sure. I’d still be concerned at how the Colts moved the ball against them if I were Baltimore

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree to a point, but sometimes you just have to find ways to win to stay in the race while your team works out its issues. The Ravens could get some guys back on the offensive line and on defense, though the loss of Peterson on defense is going to hurt all year. Obviously, they can't keep winning as they have the last few weeks. For example, Jackson isn't going to do what he did last night against most defensive backfields, but I think the Ravens can get better in other areas to balance things out. They may be no better than the Steelers, but they don't have to dig themselves out of a hole the way Pittsburgh will have to do to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure how good Denver's defense really is this season. They are being propped up by reputation and the terrible opposition they faced in the first three games.

5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm still not over that Lions game. That was pure s***!

Hit a 37 yard pass on a 4th and 19 with less than 20 seconds, then hit a game winning 66 yard FG that bounces through off the crossbar.

That made me almost as ill as that Wilcard game against the Browns last year. Almost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Keep telling yourself that. the Ravens didn't exactly beat the 70s Steelers last night. In fact, if the Colts had a real kicker, your "best" team loses. Your latest man crush is one big hit away from becoming Robert Griffin IV.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree with this. That Ravens D sucks. One of the drives, Wentz sliced through them like a hot knife through butter. And blankenship.... hoo boy... bad is too kind of a word for what he did last night. Him and Crosby should get together and commiserate over a beer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Scott Norwood can be the bartender!

• Like Like x 3
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They have. Play cover 2 or any 2 man shell coverage vs kc. Not figured out as in you can shutdown them down completely but they've found ways to bother them. They can run it and that's the way you got someone out if playing 2 deep cov.

And let's also see how their offense looks when they get healthier

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He doesn't take big hits. Unlike rg3 he knows how to get down and rd3 actually was just sut straight line fast. He wasn't elusive like lamar. He's run more than anyone in their first few years and has yet to take any hit that made you say yeah that won't last. And I'm not just talking about last night. This entire year I've seen him improve to be a much better passer.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Blankenship at least has an excuse. He injured his hip in pre-game warmups.

Crosby has had a few awful stretches in his career, but he had made 27 in a row before that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    nobody takes big hits…… until they do. It wouldn’t even have to be a big hit. All it would take it for him to get a cleat stuck in the turf, someone fall on him wrong. He is a good passer. Be a QB. If you want to run, be a RB. There’s gonna come a point where some Vontaze Burfict is going to get tired of chasing him and cheap shot him

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What's the deal with this new FA WR Steelers acquired? What's his story? What teams did he play for previously?

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They're scoring more points per game than Baltimore vs. a much tougher schedule. The facts are contrary to your narrative.

16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    KC while still dangerous are definitely not as good on offence as previous years and their defence is bad, I think they are in a bit of trouble. They haven’t drafted a single impact player on either side of the ball since Mahomes came to prominence and some cracks are starting to show imo. You’d have to fancy the Chargers for that Division

AFCN is intriguing, Ravens have been hit hard by injuries and are riding their luck big time, Browns are a juggernaut of a roster except in the position that matters most. Bengals are emerging but a year or two away IMO and I would not be at all surprised if they fall off a bit due to lack of depth and experience.

Steelers need to get to the bye at 3-3 and emerge healthy if they are going to have any chance of turning their season around. It has been a weird season with the epic win against the Bills followed by a crazy run of soft tissue injuries and subsequent disappointing performances. They need to beat LV and Cinci at home in that two game stretch, the loss to the Packers was expected. I still don’t know if we are a good team or not. I think fully healthy they can beat anybody as they showed in week 1 but on the other hand this offence can lose to anybody

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Lamar by himself has more yards than 18 nfl teams.

• Like Like x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He wouldn’t if he were strictly a runner.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Ravens TE Mark Andrews is still open, the Colts defense is a freaking joke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's a 17 game season, 8-8 isn't possible :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I told you earlier the Ravens were lucky, you wanted to argue with me about it, they could easily have 2-3 more losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's wait and see what happens when Lamar has to pass against a good defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Buffalo had back to shut outs, even the competition wasn't great that's still hard to do.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think this offense has the potential to be better than that 2019 offense, unfortunately this defense isn't as good as the 2019 one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think the Ravens are tied with the Steelers for that record with 43, it's meaningless record IMO, hardly anybody knew about it until a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1