1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers could be getting a break…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 8, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    These next few weeks with the QB’s they might be facing. They could could get lucky as hell these next 3-5 games maybe facing Lock or a banged up Bridgewater Sunday coming off a concussion. Russell Wilson missing next week which it looks like he will with his finger, and then Baker Mayfield after the bye week playing with a torn Labrum which isn’t gonna magically get better and heal in the next 2-3 weeks.

Then you got Chicago and Detroit at home after that who don’t really scare anybody. So we’ll see what happens but they better take advantage of all of that now if things do fall that way and win some of these games coming up.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Was thinking the same thing they could get a few wins in the coming weeks but their own play would need to improve first and foremost in order to take advantage. This offence could lose to anybody

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. They could still lose to the Broncos even if Bridgewater can't go. Hell, I wouldn't even be shocked by losing to the Seahawks with Smith in for Wilson.

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I mentioned this in the other thread - 4 of 5 at home vs. beatable teams. In years past, we'd expect 4-1. I'd be happy with 2-3.

The Steelers are just too easily defensed right now, and the DL is missing 2/3 of its starters and everyone else has a groin injury.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I've seen the Steelers lose to Mike Glennon X 2 with two different teams

Bruce Gradkowski, Terrelle Pryor its long distinguished list of washed up QB 's who take them down

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Asides from the INT where it looked like his receiver slipped, Geno Smith looked pretty good last night. I wouldn’t take any game or any QB lightly

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I know how bad it is I still have that little voice inside me saying maybe. I thought same as you did and looked at the schedules of the other 3 teams in division. Way I see it we deserve a break from injuries and if we can win Sunday and maybe 2 of 3 in our division lose I'll have a teeny weenie smidgen of hope.

8. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Steelers have a habit of making backup QBs look like hall of famers. I'd rather play the starters.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Soooo I should be excited that we might get a couple of meaningless wins against bad banged up teams. Which in the end will do two things #1 mess up our draft pick and #2 let me hear more about how Tomlin has never had a losing season. Sorry I am rooting for the only thing that makes sense a high draft pick and sign young talent to long/reasonable contracts.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So let me get this straight, and I know you are not the only one that would rather see the Steelers lose the rest of the season instead of going on a run, even if it is against banged up teams. Oils be what the Steelers need to get some confidence and rhythm back on offense to possibly go on a long winning streak, possibly maki g the playoffs where we could have key defensive players back and the offensive line much approved chemistry together and yes also Bens performance improved?

Sorry to say but you will never catch me on a Sunday in front of the tv screen hoping the Steelers will lose.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Doesn't quite have the same cache' as Pimply's memorable words. :shrug:

12. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    Wasn’t that Pimply’s only post ever?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If we were playing poorly because of injuries but we were a contender then I would agree. However that doesn’t describe this team. If we are 1-10 I would hope you would change your tune.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers aren't 1-10. They are 1-3, and injuries have played a very big part in the three losses. I'm sorry so many on this board don't understand that.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. TWISTER

Oct 23, 2011
    My tune would change is we were 1-10.

However 1-3 and could easily be 3-1 if it wasn’t for:

Raiders game: Watt went out and Carr throws for 300 yards because of no pressure

Bengals Game: missing what 5 defensive starters and I don’t think we had one qb pressure. Oh and can’t forget about the 10 point momentum swing we was robbed from.

Green Bay game was just a flat out loss, but could have been closer on 2 big play misses just out of reach.

Offense has played like $hit, Defense hasn’t played great and we are still in every game.

So I am still going to stay optimistic about this season. I remember too many seasons that we have started out like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's exactly What I'm saying.
    Though Like I been saying there are people on Here that want loses...for No bigger reason then 2 say they are , or were correct. Freaking Sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Just saw a report on ESPN that Wilson will miss 4-8 weeks for finger surgery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Geno Smith aint no slouch. He was almost as good as Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow coming out of college - put up some crazy numbers in college, senior year he had 71 % completion rate - 41 tds 6 ints for a 163 QB rating

19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Championship run starts this week

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a long time ago and it was in college, not the pros. There is a reason Smith has started only two games in the NFL since 2014. none since 2017. He's a good backup. If the Steelers can't handle him, that 1-10 may be coming after all.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You just explained why are defense is struggling. The offense is struggling because it is a train wreck. The offense will not be fixed for years

22. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If this Steelers defense is as good as it thinks they are when healthy then they should be able to have a decent chance to win all these upcoming home games within this next month against Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Justin Fields and Jared Goff coming up in the next month. These are all very winnable games and it won’t surprise me if the Steelers win them all and are 5-4 going into LA to face the Chargers in mid November.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I want draft capital and I want change. Steelers know what they are doing do I need to remind you?

Burns, ziggy hood, Jarvis jones, edmunds, golson, watt… just imagine if we had a good draft position lol

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Overrated defense lol

like they are good don’t get me wrong, not good enough to carry this offense good though.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Russ Wilson out 4-8 weeks, that's a huge break. Gonna take this kind of stuff to help the Steelers win games.