1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roethlisberger vs Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Oct 5, 2021.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think WW 2 started because some Bulshevik country suggested ditching "Renegade". You're walking in a minefield, buddy. Back out, slowly...slowly....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is the biggest point. I’m not saying Rudolph is our savior but he is definitely a capable backup. Let’s develop him to be a good backup. He will be needed for games here and there. I’d like a 50/50 chance or better at winning those games.

3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Yeah, and I’m really concerned that it’ll prevent him from practicing today.

Did anyone see a specific play where he appeared to hurt his hip?

4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, I do wonder if Rudolph could survive a season behind this line. However, if he proves to be more accurate on downfield throws that may help out the OLine at this point. Everyone knows Ben doesn't throw down field often and everything is thrown behind the sticks allowing defenses to basically guard against the run and short passing game. Defenses don't respect Ben's downfield accuracy enough to make it a concern. Now if Mason came in and starts hitting downfield throws, it thins the crowded scrimmage line and could possibly open up the run game.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It was a sack where he landed on his side. Just the look on this face and how he rolled over slowly, I thought for a second that he may not get up. Before that I think he has too many injuries to mention. We now know his pectoral muscle, his hip and his elbow (which he won't admit). I see him between plays stretching his shoulder or rubbing his chest, then shaking his arm periodically. I wonder if he has a tingling in his throwing hand and possible nerve damage.

6. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    No, he must be butt hurt.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Except TB has a coach who knows WTF he's doing. We don't. Big difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep. Notice how Arians adapted to Brady's game and style after they were losing at 7-5 last year. Tomlin is incapable of this sort of thing. Cowher was able to right the ship in '05.... after 7-5. Again... Tomlin won't do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He will get killed behind our OL. If he had a decent OL in front if him, I think Rudolph could be at least an average NFL QB, probably something like Kirk Cousins.
    He has already had a major head injury when he was knocked out cold by Earl Thomas. Shortly after that he was whacked across his head with his own helmet by Myles Garrett. I think right now that he is probably the team's best option but he won't last long when he does get in. I'm afraid that he will suffer a major injury that could be serious behind our OL.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I've watched him play with a better line. He lacks confidence. Takes to long to go thru his reads and make a decision. That simply just doesn't get it done in the NFL. Don't get me wrong all the people in love with Mason will get to see him play this year. I'll bet everything i own that Ben cant make it thru a full season. I would make that bet even with a better O line. Regardless of Ben's play being good or Bad his body can't hold up for a full season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It happened in a rest room in Georgia.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Another Art Rooney idiotic blunder. This "retired" coach is making AR2 look like a bigger fool year after year.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There were some, but the situation was changed. There was a time that people were foolish to want him benched. That is no longer the case. His skills have deteriorated badly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Fitzpatrick is a mental midget? Where the heck did you get that idea? He dropped an interception, so he must be an idiot?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s a myth, didn’t happen. He was a new QB in a new system and just took him time to get it down. Brady said as much himself.

You guys actually believe people with A type personalities would do that? Arians is just going to stop doing what he believes in and adopt someone else’s offense? Mid season? And everyone just transitions smoothly? Yeah right.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He never practices on Wednesday. It’s his veteran’s day off.

17. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    How many blown coverages is Fitzpatrick going to make before you come back to reality?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I didn't say he is playing well. He isn't. I am saying the mental midget comment is a bit much.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So Ben thinks fixing his throwing mechanics and footwork will solve the problem. I guess if it allows him to take snaps under center then fix away.

20. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    System can make a difference, too. If Canada’s system helps Rudolph narrow his options pre-snap, he’d have less to process post-snap.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nothing wrong with a good discussion nor am I so unreasonable to admit being wrong either. If KC said it who am I to question it. It is however worth noting that their are ppl on the board who accuse KC of lying about Edmunds and his grade to cover up for reaching on the pick but will cite his statements on Mason and his grade as gospel. Maybe both can be true but to me that is a huge waste of time and energy spent on something you are really not answerable to anyone on other than your boss. Draft status means nothing to me. Projected round projected grade actual draft round and early grade. If you can ball do so if not you are looking for work.

23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Rudolph's decision making was fine until his concussion. Post concussion you are correct, it was abnormally slow. The one game he played last year, he actually wasn't bad even though they lost.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What You are Not saying...or thinking about is most are the same people. Not saying You, but Most all around.
    Even in the Media. I mean if You go so far as 2 say on a ...supposedly respected Media outlet..
    Shawn King is a way better Qb....it's Hard for Me 2 take You seriously, or that every time He lost a Wr...He would Suck...Like when We Lost , Plaxico, Hines, M. Wallace, or Ab....Or Not Even put Him in a Top 10 list 6 years ago. Yeah I think a lot of people where Just begging for this opportunity.

25. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Not in real life. In football decision making. I am sure Minkah is great off the field. But his terrible play is a big part of why this team is losing.