1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I...know exactly what Canada Offense is ....if it's What He Ran at LSU.
    I mean seriously...How many fans Here have watch a full season of Canada's offense that is trying 2 argue 2 Me what His Offense is. I watched it.
    Not Highlights, and Charts.
    Now this is the 2nd time I'm seeing His Offense.
    I have not said Get rid of the Guy. I don't believe in Quick fixes....most of the time..., but if You are trying 2 tell Me We are not running any of Canada's Offense....I tell You :bscow:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ben should bench himself, be the one who tells Tomlin he does not have it anymore. Tomlin probably don`t have the balls to be the one to do it on his own. This gets Tomlin off the hook for what happens afterwards.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree. Sadly, the league does not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You ever noticed on any one play they Have a dozen camera angles (even a shot from the Moon LoL), but on a call like such as the blocked field goal ....all of a sudden they only have 1-2 of the most terrible camera shots.....:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Was the flag late? If it was after the block we have a problem.

8. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Steelers Depot (@Steelersdepot) Tweeted:
    Here is the end zone view of the blocked field goal by @joehaden23 that is slowed and zoomed. Don't see how Joe Haden was flagged as being offsides here. #Steelers https://t.co/xGwwl0I3lU

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

I've seen Canada's offense for 7 home games in person and 5 others on TV. I saw it wrack up huge yards against PSU and put up 40 pts on Natty champ Clemson.

The only new concept added to the Steelers playbook, compared to ly is the tunnel screen. And the one time they did anything close resembling that Pitt offense, under Canada, resulted in a too many men in the backfield penalty.

From what I can see, Canada is using Feightner's playbook.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's Great. Maybe they should have just Hung onto Him. WOW against PSU. I forgot they are a perennial power house.

I know LSU didn't keep Him and won more games the following Year, and the next lost none and Won a National Championship. :shrug:
    Really the design roll outs....those a Ben play then????
    People....Understand this I'm not calling for His Head. I have said this.....I'm not into knee jerk reactions.
    This all started when people tried 2 say We are Not running any of Canada's systems. I called Bull$h!+.

I'm sorry If this comment comes off rude. I really don't like rude myself.:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Canada's system isn't for every qb, that's what I've noticed so far. Maybe Mike Hybrid Tomlin is looking for a running qb that can throw. :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  12. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I say bench Ben after the bye week. Then split the last few games between Rudolph and Haskins. Let's face it the season is already gone by that point. But, I don't me alternate them, let Mason start 4-5 games, then let Haskins finish out. Maybe let Ben play the last game of the season and let him ride off into the sunset. Maybe even let him play the first few series like in pre-season. Let him throw a TD and walk off the field to a Standing Ovation!

13. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

You're good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Wheel him out there after Mason loses his helmet again.

16. Col.SteveAustin9768

Col.SteveAustin9768 Active Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Agree!

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Man is Top 10 in almost every category for a Qb.
    Been 2 three SBs, and Won 2. He's a Freaking 1st Ballot HOF .

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, he can have his walker beside him while standing in shotgun.

19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Canada's offense is not the problem. Ben is playing one year too long. His body is breaking down. His decision making is a result of 17 years of getting the crap beat out of him.

We are gonna have to just accept that Ben is slowly going to get worse as the season goes on and he will retire after the season is over.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, is there anyone on this board, at this point, who seriously believes continuing to start Ben is a good idea?

21. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    There are a few, just disappointing the team won't use the easy injury excuse and rest him for what is supposed to be a winnable home game.

If they let this version of Ben play through pec and hip injuries, they must think nothing of Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    .................................... crickets..................................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes. Me.
    I don't see what everyone else sees. Apparently.
    I See a Qb harried on almost every play...except the Green Bay game, and one that expects it even then.
    I don't see why everyone can't see He doesn't trust His Line.
    You don't think He was trying 2 trust His O-Line when He tried 2 step Up and throw the Ball only 2 have His Arm grabbed, and then Hit from the other side???...causing a fumble???
    I have watched a lot of Games...including college...this year...I've Yet 2 See a Qb ...No matter Who they were looking good in this situation....Yet I have seen people make excuses for them, but Not their own Qb.
    We all know there is a certain % of People on Here that Hate Ben(don't believe it Look at some of the comments that Have nothing 2 do with football) ...No matter what. It's Like the M. Tomlin crowd. So this is their time, and Some...they Just want a Quick fix, or are Hoping for one.
    Like they will bring up T. Brady, and Say Look what He did....Without bringing Up that Tampa had 20 people on that Team they didn't Have the Year before. 20. That's a lot.
    Same people Will say How great Baker is in Cleveland...with His whole 2tds, and 2 ints.
    His Team is Great...He is not. If You think Ben wouldn't Be looking better on that team....Well I don't know what 2 tell You, or anyone.
    I Watched J. Allen Miss Some easy throws, and TDs while being Harried.
    Same With A. Rodgers, and No....I'm not comparing the Qbs....only said situation.

24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    First, props for “harried”.

Second, I’mma agree and disagree with you. In my experience watching football, top QBs who see the opportunity but know they’re going to take a hit nonetheless will stand tall, make the throw, and take that hit. Game after game, season after season. We’ve all watched Ben do it his entire career. I can’t accept that he’s suddenly gone soft and afraid of contact. (Not that he welcomes it.)

25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 2