1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

This is what I expected.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    No one should be shocked by todays game. Feeble offense, overrated overpaid defense.

I am struggling to find another win on the schedule.

As I predicted every other team in the AFCN is 3-1 and we are 1-3. Turn off the lights. It’s over.

2. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

I'm just happy the run game looked better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I’d rather not run the wheels off Najee in a lost season. Use Benny Snail instead.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Damn bro you are a prophet. Brilliant prediction.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Looked better than what? A smashed azzhole? 62 yards is still bottom of the barrel.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Tomlin Butler Canada Ben should all resign. THEY are the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Man Carolina’s defense got exposed too. We went full defense and it still sucks

8. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Unfortunately, this is accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Sell the team too!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Col.SteveAustin9768

Col.SteveAustin9768 Active Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Yes it is.Depressing to watch.Hopefully,We end up with a high draft pick?Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to figure things out and get a Franchise QB.

11. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020
    I think the problem is the Organization always bows down to what Ben wants.He doesn’t go under center? Why? I’m not saying Canada is the right guy for OC,but I have a feeling he’s had to dial down or change his Offense to accommodate Ben? The Organization(Rooney,Tomlin,Canada should have forced Ben out 2 yrs ago. Ben is the problem. He’s not the only problem, but he’s the biggest problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    You have a feeling? Canada Came out and said they are going to do what Ben wants to do. Its been this way with every OC. If they don't do what Ben wants he throws a temper tantrum (ALA Haley, im thinking about retiring). Ben is a crappy teammate and even crappier person. We have only tolerated him cause he had a lot of raw talent and plays for our team. As i mentioned in another thread. I went to Ben's hometown for work a few weeks ago. Very eye opening on how much of a douche Ben really is!!

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah it's time.

Pissed yes but I will try to remember Ben and to a lesser degree Tomlin as positive times for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Lot of good years and huge wins.

Really would have loved to see how Cowher would have done when we had A. Brown and his pal L. Bell. Cowher had some good teams early 90's with Neil O'Donnell at QB.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Oh Please.:facepalm:

If the Clowns had any sense their team would have drafted Ben instead of that dipstick Kellen Winslow. The may have even won a Superbowl or two with Ben as well while he was in his prime. Those same locals would be slobbering all over themselves on how great Ben really was.

Newsflash. Clowns and Bungles fans hate everything Pittsburgh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Cowher was a ego maniac but at least he game planned. Even when he overruled his coordinators on game day (which supposedly happened a lot) at least it was for what he perceived to be football knowledge reasons. I have seen very little if nothing at all that makes me think Tomlin Game plans. I rarely ever here him speak and talk x's and o's of any sort. I mean i listened to the press conference from Mike McCarthy yesterday ( i live in dallas) and he at least broke some things down in football terms talking about why they did this and what they were trying to do based on the scheme they saw and so on. When was the last time you heard anything like that from Tomlin? All i hear from him is misdirection and salesman speak. Sounds more like a politician. Talking and nothing that comes out of his mouth is of any actual substance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018

What does the Browns draft have to do with the fact that Ben has a crappy work ethic and is a crappy human being? And yes people in his hometown the ones that would say nice things about him said that he was a good football player not a single person ever said he was a good human being. It was all that he has been arrogant, questionable work ethic, very suspect morals and overall air of he thinks he's better than everyone else and that its been that way going back to high school. Most of the people i talked to were Steelers fans. Not a single person disputed his talent other than its been wasted his whole life cause he could have been so much more.

Just like watching Game tape we have plenty of "life" tape on ben. He's lazy, arrogant, and a narcissist. But come on back and tell me how the bengals would have drafted him to prove me wrong. Better yet lets get even more away from the topic and discussion and tell me how he had his own sandwich named after him so he must be the hardest working man in the world?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

To me, Mike Tomlin is a huge BSer. He could definitely be a Politician. I think most of his team knows him as this and they generally don't react to his statements.

His football IQ has to be among the lowest of all NFL HC's.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020
    Tired of the Organization kissing his ass! Steelers need to make changes for sure.The biggest change is at QB. I’ve heard a lot of stories about Ben being a dick.Liked him because he is/was a Steeler,but not so much as a QB.Lazy and arrogant is what I’ve heard. Doesn’t practice or watch film like he should,Throws teammates under the bus,etc,etc.Should of never resigned him. He’s not worth 10 thousand,let alone 10 million. He has to go!!

19. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020
    Agree With Bradshaw when he said Tomlin is basically a cheerleader

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Findley Ohio is a huge Clowns territory. Next closest is Bungles territory. The guy may be a dirt bag in that area's eyes but if he were to win as a Clown most of those people would probably have a different perspective.

And, Ben didn't have a sandwich named after him by his own demand as you make it sound. Peppy's in the Strip District is solely responsible for that.

Early in his career, Ben participated in many charity events, donated thousands of dollars and even bought several police dogs for departments of away cities that he was playing in. Ben will always get a bad rap no matter what. I get it. He's not the greatest person on earth but at the same time he is not as horrible as some make him out to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Most of the people i talked to were Steelers fans. THere were two kinds of people there regarding Ben. Those that hated him and those that liked him. THe ones that liked him liked him for his Football play. Not a single person there had anything good to say about Ben the Man.

Every professional athlete has an organization that helps with things. Some of these guys are legit and help cause they care. Every single of them start a charity for Tax purposes.

The sandwich comment was a completely ludicrous statement meant to illustrate that the browns draft comment was a completely ludicrous statement in reference to what i was talking about. I get what your saying with it and your not wrong in your context but it still has nothing to do with the gist of my statement.

Doesn't matter who drafted Ben or where he played. Nothing changes the fact that he is Lazy, arrogant and handcuffs this team with his passive aggressive crybaby routine. It also doesn't change the fact that if he had put in even 1/4 of what Brady or other Qb's have put in then what he could have accomplished would have been amazing. It also doesn't change the fact that we have no idea what Matt canada Offense or any other OC's offense before might have looked like if they had a QB who wasn't such a stubborn crybaby jackass like Ben. Which goes to the original quote i was referring to in which the guy was wondering if Canada's offense was being altered cause of Ben which it is.

I don't know your thoughts but based on what my quote was referring to and how you answered and replied it came off as you being the type that if anyone says anything bad about Ben your gonna jump their Butt and defend him and come up with anything and everything to make sure nobody bad mouths your boy. This may or may not be the case but it's how you came across.

22. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020

23. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020
    We all have opinions.We’re all Steeler fans.no need to check people on their remarks?

24. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Did you read my reply to you and then his comment? I am pretty much all for discussion and different opinions and thoughts. Hell i learn a lot sometimes from other people's thoughts and opinions. This felt more like a personal attack. And i would also venture to say that i approached it very level headed. I didn't say it was this or that i said how it came across to me. We might all be Steelers fans with same or different opinions but if you come after someone they are usually going to reply back and pick it apart.

If the first line of your reply is "oh please with the face palm emoji" then your pretty much starting off in a bad way. Then your comment goes off into territory that has almost nothing to do with my comment (to another person) thats kind of a jerk move if you ask me.

25. Col.SteveAustin9768

Apr 21, 2020
    You need to relax dude! We’re ALL Steeler fans! No need to try to put people in check? Why? I’m a diehard fan since 1978.Were all frustrated and pissed.No need to do that. I’ve learned a lot also from fans in here.I’m not a know it all,seems like you are tho.

• Agree Agree x 1