1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree that one pick was straight up His fault, but it Happens 2 all Qbs. Even the Best. I will never forget watching a game with some friends one night , and seeing T. Brady throw into triple coverage at the goal line...with a Wide open Wrs waving at Him, and No pressure.
    I remember all of Us looking at each other, and saying....Why doesn't He do that against us. LoL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That is not true My friend. 8 of the 11 dropped passes this week Hit their Hands.
    Now I don't know about where everyone went 2 school, but even In Junior High Football where I'm at ....it was expected ....if it Hit Your Hands ....You catch it...., or Somebody else would.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Flat wouldn't bother Me. It's the cold , and Unforgiving part....Good thing She not Your now Women.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We have the renewal of a over 100 year rivalry this weekend as the NDSU Bison(farmer school) takes on the UND fighting Hawks(the hockey school). Sadly I don't think the Nickel will be contested for this game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sadly the year after we broke up and she was getting married to a real tool she got a boob job and went from an A cup to a D and ended a 20 year friendship because her tool of a husband didn't like me. oh well happily married with kids now and I learned my lesson about high school crushes. They fantasy is always better than reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Wow he's been getting massacred on sports outlets. Kinda sad. That Rich Eisen segment was brutal.

If he doesn’t have enough gas to rally against Green Bay in the face of all of this he’s done.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not saying those aren't drops. They are, and the receivers should catch them. I am saying that it is natural to see more drops when such a large percentage of the plays are short of the first down or end zone, so the receivers know they need to get yards after the catch for the play to succeed. That certainly looked like the issue on the ones Harris dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I watched the game. There was a throw throw to Claypool that hit his hands, after he reached behind him to try to catch it. Ben is struggling mightily with his footwork and is not consistently able to accurately hit guys in stride. Yes, the drops are an issue regardless but Ben is doing them no favors.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know if it's the same play, but there is one play on the sidelines where if Claypool just keeps running under it ....it Hits Him in stride, but No He does what He always does...stops , turns around, and Jumps for the Ball. Can't run under many passes if that's How You try 2 catch every deep ball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Oh Claypool has a lot of growth necessary if he is going to hit the ceiling we envision for him, no doubt about that. The play I was thinking of was a short pass that was to his back shoulder instead of leading him for RAC.

• Like Like x 1
  11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Ben deserves a matchup with Rodgers, for nothing else, to see if the competitive juices still flow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Can’t see them benching Ben if he is physically able to play. There is lots of blame to go around as others have said but to be fair to Ben he is under siege behind this embarrassment of a line. He is getting hit all game long despite throwing the ball faster than anybody in the NFL. Ben is not playing well, don’t get me wrong but an angle that I don’t hear many people mention is that the organisation did not do enough in the offseason to address this blatantly obvious issue. Why not? They spent a tonne of money re-signing juju and keeping Ben & Ebron but curiously didn’t invest in the line, even in the draft they waited until the end of the third round. They are getting off lightly amid all this fan outrage IMO

And I say that as somebody that was emphatic about wanting Ben to retire after last season. It was very clear that the window was shut with Ben and it was time to start building a new team up, starting with the Offensive Line that had grown old together and was struggling. It may come together in time, perhaps Moore, Green and Dotson can be mainstays in the future but they desperately need some veteran help right now and it’s not there, yet they are paying Ebron $8m to be a mannequin. They could have kept Feiler with that money for example, he could have gone back to Tackle and would be a huge upgrade over Chuks or Moore.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He could have handed the ball off to that guy he was so close :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harris had 4 drops

• Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Who does JuJu, Diontae, Chase, Ebron, Najee, Muth & all the oline want behind center?

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    At first I thought you were talking about N. Dakota. Flat, cold and unforgiving. Then I read his post about enhancing her breast.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm not sold on this one.

18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Team is where it is for a reason. We need new leadership and ideas. A total cultural change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is their veteran help imo. He stills moves better in the pocket than our other qbs.

20. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We can't bench Ben. He gives us the best opportunity at winning a high first round QB in the 2022 draft.

21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Run him until his wheels fall off (only in this case until arm falls off)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    I know we have a lot of Ben lovers on this forum and I was the same way and I really haven’t changed but there comes a time when careers come to a end and is here IMO. Put in Mason or Haskins and see what happens. Hell a loss is a loss regardless who is in there. I’m going on 80 in 5 days and I hope to see them win another SB but at this point let’s go for making the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They might be becoming an endangered species

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Only thing missing is the CAP LOCK. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2