1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    At this point Ben is our best bet at a good draft pick!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2021-9-26_20-14-43.jpeg

Bens supporters

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger hadn't been quite as bad as many made his play out to be the first two weeks, but he was truly horrendous today. It wasn't just the interceptions, which were both inexcusable errors by a veteran quarterback. He took multiple sacks on plays when it was clear he should have thrown the ball away. He missed badly on another throw to Claypool in the end zone that should have been a touchdown. Oh, and his poor read on that final fourth-and-goal alone needs to earn him a seat on the bench.

I don't think Rudolph is the answer, but at least he removes some of the limitations. If Roethlisberger is going to make mistakes like the ones he made today, there is absolutely no point to keeping him in there.

Edit: Roethlisberger was so bad that I forgot one of his biggest mistakes. Washington was mostly useless today, but he did get behind his man once for what should have been a long touchdown pass. Of course, Roethlisberger missed badly on the throw.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think Dwayne is a solution. I still place Mason over him. However, I know several fans will start screaming for Dwayne the moment Mason throws an incomplete pass or INT. My point behind placing Ben on the injury report or worse yet IR is this would be one way to save face and he can go out with respect. I'm afraid he is not doing himself any favors right now. I'm actually concerned for Ben's health and will actually place it over my fear of Haskins starting.

5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At least we beat the Bills and have one win under our belts. We don't have to worry about beating the Browns 0-16 season with an 0-17 season. However, at this rate, we can match their losses.

6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    It’s sad he could have retired on a high note now he will be showered with boos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Blame? Tell me why we haven't even attempted a medium+ pass over the middle all season and start the finger pointing there. It's outrageous.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d give Mason 6 games starting next week, see if he shows any more improvement, he showed some the last time, if no better and losses continue to mount, run Haskins out there for the rest.

Make a decision based off of that going into the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Why would the 3-0 Carolina Panthers trade their starting QB?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Deep middle is notably non existent... for what appears to be the third consecutive time this season.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    mostly time to throw.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    There is no decision going into the draft next year. They do not have the QB of the future on the roster. If they have a top 10 pick next year it goes to a QB. If they don't because Haskins or Rudolph have a few good games then the front office needs to be let go.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a fans perspective and one I agree with but Steelers still believe in Rudolph and they brought Haskins in to see if they could develop him.

So, they will get more time which is why I want it to be now.

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This is the observation that I have. Canada was promoted because he used pre snap motions and sweeps as a way of creating mismatches. I rarely see that this year. Instead I see the same old putrid offense as last year.
    Either Ben can't or Ben won't run Canada's offense and why I think they should switch to Rudolph asap. He may not be 'better' than Ben, but the results may be better. They certainly couldn't be any worse.
    IMO we have our answer to the question about why last years offense was so bad. It wasn't the line, running back, or OC. It was the guy wearing the #7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Apparently each team we've played has Revis roaming that section of the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Jesus. only 13 of 58 were >10 yards downfield. And he only hit 6.
    The funny thing is the two ints and one TD happened within 2 yards of the LOS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Bens seeing ghosts!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Trevor Lawrence will be better than Big Ben is right now ... in time. Not so much in career success mind you but where Big Ben is currently. Right now? Trevor is lucky to even be still standing at this point. For that matter and, if anything else, look for Jacksonville to bungle that pick as well come 2022.... though bumbling the likes of Hamilton or Stingley Jr will be very hard to do.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think that went out the window several years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is padding the wrong stats.

21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man ... I was making excuses for Ben last year, but the fact this is continuing into the season means he can't do it anymore, and the coaches are trying to hide it the best they can.

I mean look at the middle of the field, it is ridiculous.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Is it to late to start throwing 1st round picks at Houston for Watson?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Haskins :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If you're willing to give up 3 first round picks, and 3 third round picks for Watson.

25. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    True but Lawrence is a rookie and will only get better. Ben is washed up and will only get worse.

ps: Haskins is not the answer, just another ohio state super star QB who stunk when they turned pro.