1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Yeah, the rest was just excuses.

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    They could have purchased 2 or 3 really good OL with the money they wasted on Ben.

• Like Like x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    The rest of the offense is awful, but it’s pretty clear Ben is a big part of the problem. He’s making bad decisions, missing open receivers and is afraid to throw into the middle of the field.

The team needs to find a way to shuffle him off before the fans start booing hard. It’s likely a good thing the next game is on the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    well replace Ben, that a fix it all

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And they cut his pay in half, I wanted them to cut it to 5 mil take it or leave it
    yet they paid him 12 mill. Lots of good OL availiable for this price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No qbs though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yea bench Ben, i'm all for it. But if anyone thinks that will happen under Popcorn Tomlin is in dream land. Plus Art II put his stamp on the retirement tour. Unless he is injured and can't throw the ball he will be under center.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yet. It all Ben's fault. I agree with You.
    Mahomes lost 2 day. He is also 1-2. Seems not only Ben needs a O- line ,and D.
    The Great Lamar just got by the Detroit Lions thanks 2 their great field goal kicker in last seconds of the game.
    No Ben wasn't perfect, but I can't point 2 one person who was. Also why does Claypool think no matter where the ball is He has 2 stop , turn around and Jump . I don't want 2 hear nothing about ball placement. That one down the sideline He could have run under , but No He stops turns , and Jumps.
    Like I said nobody played great. I also like how that chart shows everything, but drops. Like the guys calling the Game said ....what can a Qb do when He has 3 drops in a row.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why is it so hard for you to comprehend they picked him up for a reason and if they don’t put him on the filed this year there is a good chance they waste next year if he is as you say, which I have said repeatedly he is probably not the answer so stick your duh in your ear.

You want to keep rolling Ben out there? That’s brilliant.

• Like Like x 2
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    From being benched at some point moving forward here if he continues to fail and the Steelers don’t win games. So I don’t wanna hear people saying you can’t do it because you can and Tomlin should within the next 2-3 weeks if things don’t turn around here soon. Don’t know how much better things would be with Mason or Haskins but Tomlin has to at least start re-evaluating some things at this position the next 2-3 games if Ben continues to stink and they aren’t winning games. It’s time to do that.

11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    that evaluation of both MR and DH may be slightly exaggerated. I'd say a refurbished iPhone13 with a few scratches on the screen, randomly reboots even after a factory reset, and performs very choppy when doing anything other than check email would be a better comparison.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    FWIW, Charlie Batch said a QB change shouldn't be made

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    No, it's not just Ben playing badly but it goes way beyond that. It's the entire ridiculous offensive "scheme" being run because Ben wants it. Always shotgun, tons of throwing, never using the middle of the field, and so on. It will never, ever work but here we are... :frustrated:

• Like Like x 1
  14. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Teams with a better QB than us:

Tampa bay
    New Orleans
    Atlanta
    Titans
    Dallas
    Indianapolis
    LA Rams
    LA Chargers
    Browns
    Cincinnati
    Ravens
    Seattle
    Raiders
    Green Bay
    San Fransisco
    Eagles
    Detroit
    Buffalo
    Vikings
    Bronco's
    Arizona
    New England
    Kansas City
    Carolina
    Miami
    Jacksonville

Teams with a worse or just as bad QB as us:

Bears
    Jets
    Giants
    Texans
    Washington

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree, but I can’t see it happening without an injury forcing the issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol: :roflmao:Tomlin benching Ben :roflmao:Never going to happen as long as he can drag his done @ss out on the field. They bought in to the retirement tour. At this point if they lose more games it will get us closer to a higher 1st round pick which better be used on a QB.

17. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Some of y'all don't get it that ARII made the decision to bring Ben back and calls the shots as the boss.

18. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Ben is untouchable . He will take the Steelers to 3-14 and hopefully retire

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 argue, but the only time We move the dang ball is When we do hurry up , and He's calling the plays, and If He's not calling the plays ....then Why does He have 2 go 2 each Man and tell them where 2 line up???

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Trevor Lawrence has like 7 ints already

• Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I posted an article on here last night about how they aren’t running Canada’s system and the one time they did last week, they went down the field and scored.

We are running Bens offense and it’s why its the same atrocious stuff we saw last year. The no huddle as always looked better, part of that is teams not being able to substitute. No one has ever been able to answer why they don’t use it more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not Ben's offense because he doesn't have the ability to audible out of plays like he did under Fichtner, they also have fewer plays in the no huddle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Awful funny I can see abunch of stuff we didn't r
    I was going 2 say I'm seeing a lot of stuff I didn't see us run last Year, but everyone else seems 2 not Be seeing it.....So I just keep it 2 Myself.
    I do know this So far this Year we move the Ball way easier when we go Hurry up , or a somewhat no huddle.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Need to just trash the new Offense like I said, Ben doesn't understand it and can't run it.. Just let Ben be Ben he probably wont last 2 games , but at least we should be able to move the ball.. No need to attempt to run just keep throwing to the RB ...
    IMO it's time to go to Haskins to see if has a future..