1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bench Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lamar doesn't take the time to see if he can pass. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Haskins has already been found out by more than one team. He's the perfect example of why this team is where it is. Hoping, wishing, etc that something that ain't will be something. He is where he is for a reason. Why is this so freaking hard for some to get it? He is a former #1 rounder that can't get a helmet on game day with his second team. What will it take for this to break through? Duh.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Dwayne doesn't get a helmet because..... But you still think he is a solution because???????

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    58 pass attempts today!

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If Ben is calling the shots, he needs to practice more with his receivers, they are totally out of sync with each others. Probably the worst out of sync QB and receivers in the league. How may times does it take to see receivers going one way and QB throws the other way. On top of Ben not being that accurate anymore we also have way too many drops by receivers on this team. Today, Ebron, Claypool, Najee :facepalm:

6. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Right where he should have been. He's a bust of a 1st round pick that can't get a helmet on his second team.. What does people see in him that absolutely no other NFL organization does, including ours, and think he wouldn't be an absolute embarrassment beyond what we have right now? Someone please convince me that he is the answer to anything. Thank you in advance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Agree Blast.

Put in Mason should this continue; specifically after the 1st Quarter next week against Green Bay. Enough is enough of this nonsense. Never mind the QB play, to expect this defense, a heavily depleted one at that, play a la the 1985 Bears or even the 1976 Steelers is the furthest aspect of reality and the closest to fantasy.

If a QB cannot push the ball down the field in the middle of the field, no matter how good or even great the team around him is, all it will accomplish is delaying the inevitable; total collapse.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What world do you live in? Ben has an obligation to produce what he is being paid to produce. No more, no less. He has a right to NOTHING. Be part of the solution, or be gone. NFL= Not For Long. Times up. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Ben has to know he's HURTING the team. So IMHO, if he really cared about this team, he'd sit himself down! But, NO, Mr. Ego keeps making excuses. I'm beginning to really dislike him.

Just watch some film, Ben........you're DONE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This defense even when healthy ain’t better than the 2004-2008 Steelers defense, and our offense isn’t even half of what those teams were either. This sad bengals team was toying with Pittsburgh today, just ugly

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree with this completely.

We all saw it today. First quarter it was short pass after short pass, he looked uncomfortable on the release and the one time they ran a slant he completely missed the receiver.

The line is bad but the timing between receivers and QBs on any play other than a screen is really bad.

I’m not one to overreact but please let’s see what Rudolph can do.

Oh, and trade for a RT

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I saw a stat late in the first qtr that Ben had 8 yrds passing and a pick. How's that for your money. There are so many issues right now for why we are so bad that its heart breaking. Hard to pick just a couple to focus on.

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Ben threw 675 times in 16 games in 2018, 42.2 avg in the 16 games he played. He got hurt in ‘19.
    And all I heard was “oh no, he won’t throw so much now, he coming off that elbow surgery, he’s older he’ll be less reckless, more strategic”.
    In 2020, Ben threw 676 times in 16 games counting the playoff games, 42.25 times a game.
    And all I heard was “oh no, he won’t throw so much now, Art II doesn’t want him to, Canada won’t let him”
    So far in 2021, only 3 games, Ben has thrown 130 times, 43.3 times a game.

The only ways Ben doesnt throw 40per ? Cut him, Shoot him, Bench him. There is no other way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bottom line is... Rudolph should start vs Packers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't want to see the sad end that is unfolding before our very eyes. Like Joe Namath sitting on the Rams bench nursing his destroyed knees his last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh boy....

I suspect this will become a weekly trend. Has been for the past three weeks already. As the saying goes;

"First time is an accident. Second time is a coincidence. Third time is a pattern."

Expect this to continue.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Should this continue in the 1st Quarter against Green Bay, agreed.

18. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Let’s see, the O line has lost
    Pouncey
    Big Al
    DeCatro
    Even BJ is gone.
    Green hurt
    Chuks hurt

Receivers Missing in action
    No DJ
    Juju gone
    Meuth dropped a pass
    Ebron drpsies
    Claypoole dropped, out to sideline, back in, drop. Rinse repeat entire game
    Najee dropped . BTW, he was our best receiver, and he’s not one.

Defense
    Bush non existent
    No Tuitt
    No Alualu
    Haden non existent
    Nelson gone
    Ingram limped off
    Hilton on other side
    Watt out

Let’s replace the QB :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Stafford looks like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. As Denny Green would say...crown his ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe he could look better than Ben for awhile. He'll get hurt behind this line imo, save him in case the defense heals up & Ben decides he's hurt. Finish strong please.

21. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I don't think he's the savior at all but the quicker we move on from Ben and MR is exposed, the quicker the team is forced to find a real franchise QB. We're just treading water right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    ^^^^^ Only thing in that whole post that made sense.

23. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    You don't have to thank me, I don't have any money invested on way or the other. The Steelers acquired him, so they should see what he has on the field sometimes or they're just wasting money, but again, it's not my money. No one has to convince either me or you.

• Like Like x 1
  24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    really that’s the only thing? Wow…

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Texans are asking for three first round draft picks for Watson to start, so you can forget about that deal happening.