1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the difference?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 20, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Nope not coaching, simply better NFL players at the moment.

To be honest the comparison caught my attention before you posted it. When I saw the injuries the Ravens had I was sure they were in trouble but Jackson is damn good. Najee is in a tough situation, an O-line that collapses so fast and the situation with Ben back there ain't a helping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The difference is Jackson is a threat to run on any play. You have to be ready for that and then pass or run. Ben isn't a threat to run and he won't get under center which neuters any running game. I watched Derrick Henry highlights from last week. 35 carries and 4 came from shotgun and some of his worst runs. I honestly think they only did it to keep the Seahawks on their toes because most times from shotgun if it's going to Henry it's a screen or like 4 yard catch.

3. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Ravens 1-1
    Steelers 1-1

Meh

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    When your first round RB only has 10 rushing attempts you don’t have a running game. Running the ball requires commitment, which for some reasons we are not willing to make.

But look on the bright side. No one will accuse MT of running the wheels off of Najee

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That noodle armed QB had a completion of 50 yards, and 40 yards against the Raiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    After saying all that....They still lost 2 the same dang Team, and Have the same dang record. LoL

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    cause like everything else these days... muh... SCIENCE HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    just noticed "Benny Lava" is female on profile page,

intuition says something not quite right,

to be honest the first thing that came to mind is that "he" or "she" is a trolling Bengals fan

I cld be wrong

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not quite the creative wit as Darcrav, but the same rumor was floated about as well. Cousins?

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wait are we talking about upload_2021-9-23_19-41-47.jpeg upload_2021-9-23_19-42-42.jpeg or what? :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    He can still float balls out there. Let me know the next time he rifles a ball to someone or hits a guy downfield in stride.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Could be that against the Bill's, we were rumored to be doing something different with "Canada's Offense" and the Bill's had to be prepared for anything which opened up some things for us to accomplish. This proved that we have the talent when we have a plan that is well thought out. Then, against the Raiders, they game planned for what we did in game 1 and we, of course, continue to plug away with game plan "A". Last year, we were very successful early on and as the season wore on, the opposition became smarter and we continued on with game plan "A". When plan A was figured out, we went to Dink and Dunk game plan B which was even easier to defend (including Ben's limitations) and that was that. Of course, this may not be anywhere close to what is happening but that is one theory that came to mind. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You mean like when he rifled the ball to Freiermuth against the Lions in the preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He can’t do it consistently. You guys are taking it personally that people are pointing out Ben sucks now, he does. 8 games dating back to last season of evidence but it’s the line, its the RB, it’s the WR’s its global warming, anything but the obvious, Ben is washed up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A washed Ben>Mason

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It is also definitely the line. No way is this all on Ben. But Ben isn't near good enough unless we adjust our offense and it's really, really hard not to suspect that Ben is standing in the way of that. This offense looks a whole lot like the offense we ended up with when Ben's friend was hired and Ben got what he wanted. I could be wrong. Maybe this is exactly what Canada would be doing no matter his QB. If so, then for the sake of my sanity please fire him immediately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    I was going to hit the "agree" tag but I feel I have to preface it with "I am afraid" I agree with you

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Ben is washed but the line is also the worst in football. It’s a disaster all around and it starts at the top where a rebuild should have been accepted

• Like Like x 1
  19. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    sometimes I think people get a little hyper-sensitive to last weeks loss, we are 1-1, tied for first in the AFC North, i happened to rewatch the Raider's game (on gamepass) and, I have to say, we lost but we did not play as bad as some people think, keep things in perspective, injuries are an issue, but, I am looking for an improved offensive line game against the Bengals... that wld be key...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No one knows d!ck right now. Let it play out for a few more games before you feel you have to change your tampons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    If the defense wasn’t decimated by injuries I would think we could win some ugly games like vs Buffalo. But that doesn’t get rid of the elephant in the room…..

This offense is absolutely horrid

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Confluence

Jan 22, 2017
    after Benny Lava... I guess I am supposed to agree with you?

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The Difference? Offensive philosophies.

Baltimore is a run heavy, run first team, designed to have Lamar's abilities be not just the staple but the constant of the offense; exotic, high octane and electrifying. For that matter, Lamar Jackson is the only QB in the NFL that has an Offense structured around in such a way that, by its face value, is geared towards more so what his overall game employs versus what his arm dictates. For example, Hollywood Brown's abilities are based on his blistering speed and tremendous route running. Logic dictates the Ravens would use him for quick outs and slants right??... right? Well, not exactly. Hollywood can be used for such... but would not directly fit the mold that Roman wants. Instead, Roman wants Brown's abilities used more so on the perimeter as, that is where not just Lamar Jackson can make his magic but Brown as well. There are some exceptions, such as Mark Andrews, but he is an anomaly featured in an offense that is unlike the league has seen, rather, seen to such an extent.

Matt Canada's Offense is not like that at all; completely different.

Matt's game plan's center around not just taking advantage of one players but multiple players skillsets and using them in conjunction to create a varied array of movement and combo setups for the QB to initiate quick strikes via timing and pinpoint accuracy. The most important aspect for Canada's Offense revolves around the WR's making tons of RAC by having the QB get them the ball as quickly and efficiently in many ways; pistol, shotgun, PA Roll out and under center being just some of many. The most integral aspect though is to have continual succession through repeated action to increase not just continuity but also synergy as well.

The above is a major reason why I was hopeful that Haskins would work out. Sadly, this did not happen. Rudolph has the studying habits but lacks the arm talent to fully max out Canada's Offense. Haskins' problems are the opposite; might even be issues at this point. Even with all this said, this merely goes back to what I have been stating since the beginning of Training Camp; Options vs. Choices. Three options were beset for the team. Only one choice could be made.

Until there is a better "choice", expect the results to remain so. The Offensive Line and Najee both will get there in time. The Steelers though, need a decisive third wheel to get back to the Super Bowl; which brings me to this. Anyone thinking that the Ravens are just going to run themselves to the Super Bowl a la the 1972 Miami Dolphins needs to understand that, even if both the Ravens and Chiefs played 100 times, Mahomes is going to take roughly 80% of those outcomes at worst. The game itself is too evolved for teams not to be able to push the ball down the field with consistency.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    or in other words, go with the flow. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You must not watch other teams, if you think the Steelers have the worst OL in football.

• Agree Agree x 1