1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is ineffective and should be fired if we lose to the Bengals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I agree. We barely opened 1/4th of Canada's playbook. Perhaps we won't see it until after Ben or what. My excitement for this offense is dwindling because I barely recognize this from what Canada did at Pitt. There's Canada wrinkles, but this isn't his playbook.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    You have a washed up QB that should have retired and a terribly weak offensive line. Are we really surprised? Only if you haven’t been paying attention or playing superfan I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Coaching tree:

Paul Brown - Noll - Dungy - Tomlin - Fitchner

Something's getting lost along the way.

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And therein lies the root of the issue. Different season, same old deficiencies. As much as you and a few others don't like hearing this criticism of Tomlin, others don't like the fact that nothing changes. The game against the raiders looked like every game down the stretch last season except more fans in the stands.

There is always the option to not reply to something you don't like :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He laid down the mandate for more running but also demanded Ben be brought back. Those two things cancel each other out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    AR2 inherited the same tendency from his father to never change much. The interesting thing is that AR Sr. had to go through a couple coaches before he found Noll. For some reason Dan Rooney took that to mean never change the HC. And thus AR2 follows suit.

What it comes down to I think is AR2 is absolutely scared ****less of finishing a season below .500. And if that means fielding a mediocre team year after year that has no real shot to win it all, then so be it. If you bring in another coach and he's bad, then attendance may drop and then $$$ oh no! That's too scary! Idk I would think if you have such faith in player evaluation the way the FO does, then you can survive a bad HC or two until you find the next one. But alas no guts no glory.

7. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers win all is well. The Steelers lose fire and replace everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re making my point. Same **** as last season and same bitching and complaining. We get it Tomlin sucks. Plus you had the option to not comment if you didn’t like my post yet you did?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    And the start of a new year with the greatest statement ever heard. “ Fire Tomlin “. Good thinking, ok he is gone now bring your new coach that can match his record. I agree that at Tim this head doesn’t seem to be in the game and guess what on occasion we go to work that way in our jobs. Those that have been with the Steelers long enough know unless you really screw up as a coach, your there until you retire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Art 2 reminds me more of Art Sr., loyal to a fault. Dan would step in when needed.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben needs to be willing to turn around and hand-off the ball.

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I'd prefer he didn't step it at all, at least on personnel matters. Own the team and hire people to make the best decisions for the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Get some original takes, newb

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yeah, Art 2 should not step in imo. I do hope he stepped in with the TJ negotiations though. Can't let that caliber of player walk for reasonable demands.

15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, I did. But pushing your buttons is so much fun because I love hearing you incessantly biatch about people who incessantly biatch about Tomlin.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nice try. You were just repeating the same tired garbage, but now you want to pass it off as pushing buttons.

We get it. You think everything that goes wrong is Tomlin's fault. Some of us are smart enough to realize that losing five defensive starters, including arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, might have had something to do with that loss to the Raiders. Is it that you can't see that or that you won't?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    and if we win will you go away?

• Like Like x 2
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Attaboy, way to come to the rescue of your girlfriend. You guys are sad AF.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You actually think anybody needs to be rescued from your tired act? Please spare all of us, Pee-wee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You push my buttons? Lol. You must have good internet at the mailbox?

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    You're a year late as we already lost to them last year and were without Burrows. This is one team that can beat or lose to anyone at any place and any time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yeah, he can analyze coaching challenges. JK

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers are looking at the possibility of playing the Bengals without six starters on defense and their starting quarterback. Those six defensive starters include the best outside linebacker in the game and the team's top cornerback. They are definitely going to be without two of their three starting defensive linemen and possibly one of their top backups.

Of course, that is all Tomlin's fault.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks he isn't going anywhere, remember you are dealing with the Rooney's.
    Personally, I have found him to be under achieving, the Rooney's think differently.

25. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    People overestimate how important coaches are. They don’t really matter.

They are all the same level give or take a little. Brady won 6 Super Bowls for Bill and now he’s got Arians a ring.

Now people are calling that walrus Andy Reid a genius. Meanwhile it was willie Davis who scouted the hell out of mahomes. Take pat away and Andy is just another coach going from team to team hoping to keep a job.

• Like Like x 1