1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We need a center!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Sep 19, 2021.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’ve been watching Green, loved the draft pick when we made it.

He stinks, misses on half the run blocks and gets bull rushed too easily!!!!

Im praying he turns it around during this game vs the raiders but so far ……….. Put number 60 in there!!!

Cajun

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDD.............................
    Welcome to today's episode of Overreaction Playhouse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    He was bad vs the bills and no better today, preseason he showed he was a guard trying to play center…….

not overreaction but an observation, but you probably blame Harris’s struggles on Harris

Cajun

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What are you talking about, he didn’t allow a single pressure in the Bills game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Huh?!?!

It is Green's second game. Relax.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Is it anything like Pee-wee's Playhouse?

7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

Offensive Line
    There wasn’t much room to run between the tackles for this retooled Steelers offensive line, and the scheme wasn’t to blame. Offensive coordinator Matt Canada tried to mix up the type of runs he presented, with nine zone concepts and seven gap scheme runs, but all three interior linemen were defeated on over 20% of attempts. Because of the screen and quick-game throws, the unit shouldn’t average allowing much more pressure than the three it surrendered against Buffalo, but Dan Mooreand Kendrick Green did allow a sack and a hit.

That was from PPF, Guess they and myself watched a different game than you did.

Cajun

8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    True, also true is he’s a OG converted to center. Also true is he looks lost far too often and gets pushed around way too much.

As the Starting Center for a team that should be contending for a SUPERBOWL he should be expected to play better!!!

Cajun

9. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    canadas offense is horrid

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For someone tHaT GEts BulL RuShEd AlL ThE TiMe, not giving up any pressures kind of turns that silly narrative on its head.

Also PFF graded Pouncey as one of the worst centers every year so yeah, hitch your wagon to them or maybe think for yourself :thumbs up:

11. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    sooo, giving up a sack and a hit doesn’t count as giving up pressures ????

Cajun

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The stat line I saw he didn’t give up neither.

And then there is this but 2nd game of the year and we have a fan screaming we need a center.

13. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

The bills play a 4-3……. He better play decent pass protection as a center , who graded these guys pass protections. Where’s his rush blocking ranking at????

He may be a great center in time but the center is the key to an OL and it’s clear he below par, right now, and right now we are geared for a SB run!!!

Cajun

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I thought there was no way he'd start so soon. Switching positions/rookie. He's played surprisingly well all things considered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Are you nuts ? Competing for a Super Bowl I want what your drinking. They will be lucky to win 7 games.They are light years away from a Super Bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This was his second NFL regular season game. This OL is going to be a work
    in progress. Pretty much 5 new starters on OL. I would like to see some 2 TE sets though to help
    Najee out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure is when you have 5 NEW OL starting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    You are mostly right……. Chuks played RT last year as he is this year. Dotson played LG in relief last year so well they let their starter leave in FA. Their FG is a multi year Probowler but new to us. Our other Rookie, Dan Moore is balling out for a rookie at The Blind Side ( LT ) ….

Cajun

19. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    No, he is too light for a guard which is why he is playing center.

20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

We have ( before these key injuries ) a Top Defense worthy of SB caliber talk.

HOF QB ( nearing his career ending )
    Exciting RB
    Good WR
    Good TEs
    Our weakness is the OL and it’s leader who makes the calls is a converted OG……
    Will Green be great someday, I still think so as he’s mean and athletic and fairly strong, but maybe he should sit and least part of the season learning and growing because each game is critical and hopefully his learning curve doesn’t cost us a playoff run!!!!

Cajun

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The whole line has been bad at run blocking but Greens pass blocking has been good.

Sitting Green is a complete overreaction and moot anyway because thankfully that isn’t going to happen.

22. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    If he’s too light to play guard how in the heck is he going to play against a 3-4 zero-tech NT as a Center???

Cajun

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    YESSSSS! Blame it on Canada, Blame it on Canada, and then blame it on Canada!!!

Make Canada come down to the sidelines and force Ben to play under center.

I am still predicting that Canada will be on the sidelines after the bye week to make Ben run his offense.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is this some sort of joke?

25. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Love your positivity man it’s good to have the faith I too hope every year brings promise of a SB however I don’t think the Steelers realize where they are ? To me they have been the biggest disappointment in the NFL for the last 10 years but I guess there is always hope