1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Adams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mthomas184, Oct 29, 2012.

1. mthomas184

mthomas184 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    With this being Adams second consecutive start, whats everyones thoughts on his gameplay? Seems like hes finally gelling really well with the rest of the line.

2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Another very good effort, IMO - no sacks given up and some nice run blocking. He appears to be doing much better on the r side.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, lets see what he does against players that can actually rush the passer?
    GET RID OF IT QUICK BEN. I am betting the Giants DL will, after lookin at some film
    will be licking thier chops, like a dog in a butcher shop.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    adams will be ok if not just let miller help him a little bit

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was thing the samething during the game yesterday that he's been looking good the last couple games.

6. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When Adams gets his paws on you, you're done.. He's been an absolute stud in the run game. It's no coincidence that the run blocking improved once he was installed at RT. He's much better right now against LDE's that primarily bull-rush because, like I said, once he gets his hands on you it's over. Once his kick-step improves so he can get wide on speed-rushers he'll be able to move to the left IMO. A steal in the 2nd.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I dont think its going to matter with the playcalling . Haley has Ben releasing the ball and playing the dink and dunk game. Thats incredibly hard to stop.

Bman

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

:bs: He is going up against NFL caliber players every week. To this point, I don't recall him rolling up on another O-lineman's legs. And as a rookie, he is only going to get better.

9. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has to make you wonder if Gilbert goes right back in at RT when healthy or if they stay with the hot hand.

I was also just thinking about the future of the Tackle spots. Will the goal still be to get Adams over to LT and let Gilbert try to develop more at RT?

10. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Starks saved the season last year and is the O-line MVP this year. So long as he is here, there should be no discussion about LT. At this point, I say let the two of them compete against one another for the spot. Competition is always a good thing. Then who ever is on the bench can take a few snaps for Starks now and then to keep him fresh.

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The bungals were 4th in the league in sacks so they get afater the qb and he did juat fine against them.

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

:this!:

13. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't disagree with this. How old is Starks though? Just wondering how much he has left and was posting with more of an eye on the future.

14. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I am going to guess that we bring Starks back next year, but that Adams and Gilbert will be the starting Tackles. Starks is a perfect swing guy as he has played both sides effectively in the past.

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Adams is playing very well at RT. If they bring Gilbert back in once he's healthy, I'm going to be livid. Hopefully the plan is still to eventually get Adams in at LT. Starks is good, but not great. Adams has far more upside

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Eagles and Cincy both have more sacks then the Giants, not saying the Giants aren't good at it but don't act like we haven't faced a very good pass rush yet. Quick passes take care of the pass rush, why do you think Brady's uniform stays so clean. Add in Bens ability to evade the rush and it makes it very difficult to get to him.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, I thought it was a little ridiculous that people were giving up on this kid so fast, I mean he's only a rookie, he should of came in and been playing lights out right away :roll:

18. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    After watching the game again and focusing on Adams a bit, he was a wall in pass pro and powerful and agile in the run game. Adams was out in front of Pouncey on the sweep by Rainey. He made the block on Fletcher (in space) that allowed another 10 yards.
    By the end of the game Ryan Kerrigan and #99 (that"s how much his name was called), wanted nothing more to do with Adams. Heck, Kerrigan was practicaly turning his back to Adams.

19. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Good point, I was referring to this year. BTW, I'm not ready to give up on Gilbert yet. He may still need a year or so under his belt until we see his full potential.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Max has earned his spot.

21. mthomas184

mthomas184 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    IMO if Adams continues to play the way he has the past 2 games Tomlin would have to be drunk and high to remove him for Gilbert. Even if Adams has A bad game when Gilbert is healthy, dont switch them out.