1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colbert at NC Tar Heels Practice scouting Howell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Sep 16, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dillon Gabriel
    Carson Strong
    Phil Jurkovec
    All>Howell

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He's a great prospect at any area of need. Especially if Ben is gone next year. O-line is the most important thing for new QBs. He only isn't on the field because Cowboys have a great o-line. What else are you going to get for Rudolph besides prospect and a pick? Most the times you just get a pick or average player. Makes so much sense for both organizations. Cowboys desperately need a quality back-up. Rudolph went to OSU, he's a cowboy. Alarcon is from Mexico where Steelers have a huge fan base and could help expand that.

If we're scouting QBs then obviously everybody knows Rudolph isn't the answer. He's unrestricted next year so we could lose him for nothing. Only other scenario I see is wait and see if a team gets desperate with injuries and what position we might need this year. That takes too many variables imo. If I could get Alarcon and a 3rd or 4th right now I'd do it.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd have Mason on the plane for just the 4th.

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They extended Rudolph during the offseason so he is not actually a free agent at the end of the season.

I doubt they’d have any interest in dealing him either. There is a good chance Ben misses a few games at some point this year. MR isn’t great but he can probably go .500 over a couple of games with this defence if he has to play. I get that some fans can’t stand him after 2019 but I’d trust him more than Haskins personally

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's a practice squad player, the Cowboys don't have a great OL anymore, no team is trading a 3rd or 4th for Rudolph :facepalm:.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    That's tough because if Ben goes down. But I'm in the group if Ben goes down then seasons over and I have just as much faith in Haskins as I do Rudolph.

You're right one more year then UFA. But if they're scouting QBs for next years draft. I don't see the point in keeping MR. I have just as much faith in Haskins as I do him.

If we can't get a 4th for a 3rd round QB we developed for years then he's absolutely terrible.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021