1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Holdout?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Aug 7, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I edited my original post. Damn auto correct

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Aditi was on the show, these were her words.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto everything above.

I can’t listen to the middle of the day show anymore. It is interesting how they can say something absolutely idiotic, and shortly thereafter someone posts the same thing here as their own thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Not sure what you’re disagreeing with, FA98. I’ve been negotiating contracts for decades. The business folks hammer out the deal. Then they turn to their lawyers, asking “What if they breach?”, “What if we want out early?”, “What if prices or market conditions have a big change?”, and so on. Termination provisions address those issues, and they are part of the contract.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Aditi doesn’t seem to be a particularly objective reporter on this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    OK, which one of you is this? This is fantastic.

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry Dude, That came out wrong ..This was just to rip on Fillipino , not you...Aditi is a reliable source ,I think...

I was just showing my disdain for Filliponi, and seeing how I quoted you, I apologize if you took it that way...

Go Steelers!

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And players have zero responsibility to worry about what's in the best interest of anyone but themselves. It goes both ways.

And all their lives as most of these guys have dedicated from child on up to making it to the league. And no. I know plenty of people who make money to afford the better things in life but don't do it. I never said the world owed them anything. But the steelers aren't the only team in the NFL. There's 31 other teams willing to meet demands that they won't so maybe the nfl world really does care what these players want. Plenty of teams cave to players demands money wise when they hold out. So what do you call that? Guys sometimes with YEARS left on their deal. Just because the steelers think they are above the fray doesn't mean anything.

I know you like to look down on athletes you honestly remind me of my dad he has your same attitude when it comes to them but at the end of the day they are getting paid to do something alot of people would kill to be able to do. Get paid millions to play a game. Life couldn't be simpler or easier.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not very objective on much at all.

I stopped taking her seriously when she reported AB was pouting on the sideline after a TD and not celebrating with his teammates but you could plainly see him in there celebrating with everyone else on the replay.

Her words were something along the lines, “AB is literally pouting on the sideline while his teammates celebrate the score” :facepalm:

She tripped all over herself trying to explain that one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They can live whatever lifestyle they want. If they want to live a lavish life they can do so. And the problem people like you fail to realize is the steelers ARE NOT the only only team int he world. There's 31 other teams willing to do something they won't. Stop acting like his demands are so far fetched that he couldn't get them elsewhere.

And do you see how AB lives? Man has multiple Ferraris,lambos, diamonds, etc.. 10 million may not be enough for him. It's also not about getting money for the present but also for the future. And again it's about getting as most as posishle..not nah I'll only take 10 million I don't want more money than that. Lol like I said Jeff bezos is still finding ways to grow and make more money and he's the richest person in the world. It's no such thing as "enough" money.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jerry Jones is an idiot, they had a chance to draft TJ in 2017, but they took Taco Charlton instead :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup they can live any lifestyle they want, everyone is entitled to be stupid, that’s why so many athletes go broke.

Steelers can also operate how they want, they own TJ for another 2 years, if TJ wants stupid guaranteed money he will have to wait to get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    AB also has unpaid debts, has tried to get out of paying for services rendered by suggesting a joint business venture. I'm betting half of those rides you talking about aren't paid for and were given as an informal sponsorship and he doesn't have outright ownership. All the diamonds and gold jewelry probably isn't paid for either or kept track of. There are reasons that players who make millions of dollars for short careers end up broke when their time in the game is done.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt

Ravens_Fan_N_Pitt Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Just PAY THE MAN! HE DESERVES IT

15. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Neither side is in the wrong here.

Watt doesn't have to accept less than he believes he is worth.

The Steelers don't need to offer a contract they're not comfortable with.

With the rules of the CBA, Pittsburgh has the power here. They have the fifth year option and two franchise tags to follow.

In 2022, we could have Watt on Franchise and Minkah on fifth year. Perhaps Watt gets moved while on the tag next season and we apply the tag to Minkah in 2023.

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    My post does not indicate that none of the money is guaranteed.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Just because you keep making terrible arguments does not give you the right to misrepresent what I posted. Just because I don’t genuflect at the mere mention of a pro athlete the way you do doesn’t mean I look down on them. I know what they do takes work. I also know what most people do for a living takes work, too.

Simply put, I don't disrespect athletes. I do disrespect stupid athletes who piss all their money away. And yes, you continue to claim that the Steelers owe Watt something. Specifically, you think they owe him the opportunity to make more money elsewhere. They don't.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If it's not going to happen they should move on. Tag him once at the most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    One of the first lessons in the electrical union was "get it while the gettins' good." One of the most powerful tools we could use was to jump jobs for the better contractors during the manpower shortages. They remember but so do we. :drinks:

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Popcorn Tomlin says he is going to practice tomorrow, contract or not. Guess we will find out later in the day.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You said you doubt he gives up on the guaranteed portion, he’s getting guaranteed money, maybe he is the one that needs to be flexible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Maybe they could work something like this for Watt to get him closer to the guarantee money he is looking for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really. Did we ..., or did we not have Stud linebacking corps with out Terry, or Ben???
    How many SB did it get us. I will be waiting on an answer.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You wrote that he should stop being hung up on the guaranteed portion, to which I responded that I doubt he would give up on the guaranteed portion. I see how that could have been clearer, that I meant I doubt he is going to give up on getting the guarantee he wants.