1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade with Seattle?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dobbler-33, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    For the love of God not another after preseason 5th round trade for a guy on his last year of his contract.....

2019 Nick Vannett
    2020 Avery Williamson

Signed for 4 million with a 2.5million signing bonus. Cost for Steelers this year should me 1.5 million.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I dont think that's accurate. The trade was for a 2023 5th rounder. Not a comp pick.

The comp pick cancels out because the player they acquired cancels out the player they lost.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    In addition, before anyone asks,

Ahekllo was known by the team prior to his arrival. No "unknown commodity" here.

4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yup, Mondeaux got cut. Think there’s still an open spot on the PS. Hopefully he makes it there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm confused, reports are a 2023 5th rounder given up on all reports except the Depot which said we cancelled out this years 5th rounder comp for Feiler and give them a 5th in 23.

Hopefully he comes in and does more then contribute. If not, another pick bites the dust. Or 2.

From the comment section of the Athletic:

Todd K.

3h ago

As a Niners fan I'm skeptical of the fit in Pittsburgh. If Witherspoon doesn't change his approach and embrace the Steelers culture of tough, hard nosed defense, I can see the fan base letting him hear about it. The guy is soft as Charmin. Hope it works out for everybody, but this is about to get interesting.

6. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I thought only free agent signings canceled out comp picks? This appears to be a straight up trade. Aaaagh, I’m so confused…..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    yeah that makes absolutely zero sense.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ok. Was looking for this.

10. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    From the comment section of the Athletic:

Todd K.

3h ago

As a Niners fan I'm skeptical of the fit in Pittsburgh. If Witherspoon doesn't change his approach and embrace the Steelers culture of tough, hard nosed defense, I can see the fan base letting him hear about it. The guy is soft as Charmin. Hope it works out for everybody, but this is about to get interesting.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s not what you want to hear.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you didn't watch him play in San Francisco.

12. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Looks like the end of the Mondeaux era in Steelers football, unless they get him through waivers and put him on the PS. I would think if he was good enough to make the 53 a few days ago, he’s good enough for the PS now.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    needs to tackle better was the report i heard on him. plays outside so looks to me like sutton will be the slot guy. haden gets dinged from time to time so maybe a little more insurance for that. 4.42 guy. we shall see. i like what we have back there and in the pipeline so far. looking for life after edmunds too maybe. joseph and killebrew back there along with norwood and stiner. interesting group we have back there now. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My biggest question about the pickup. Guy is a cover guy. On the outside. I really thought that Pierre was strong enough with Cam outside that they would look to add that slot corner.

As for Spoons style of play... he is not the most physical guy on the field.... they wanted him to be more press off the line.... not that he can't.. but looks like he is not as interested.... which might be a concern... but as far as coverage goes.. he is above the line.

Not that I'm comparing the two... but if you just went off being tough and physical you wouldn't have got a guy like Deion Sanders.

Spoon wanted to be Sherman... then got to play with him and tried up model his game off his. And Sherman told him he would fit into that tough Seattle Legion of Boom mold... so for now. We will see.

HACK

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just my opinion but I think we may see Karl Joseph play a bit in slot at times. Not so much for covering, but by what he brings in other instances.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Joseph is the slot guy, plays more physical. Whitherspoon is a cover/outside guy. Says something about their confidence in the DB group when they say "we've got it covered" then go and grab a slot plus a cover guy week before season...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Pretty steep price for Justin Layne's seat on the bench.

18. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    It's a sign the Steelers are desperate about their DBs. Also signed Karl Joseph. Apparently none of the late round picks and UDFAs they threw at the wall stuck, which should have been predictable a couple months ago.

19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Yup. They also said they liked their OLB and ILB group and then got Ingram and Schobert. Still waiting for an OT.

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’d expect him to see the field a lot if he can stay healthy. This has always been a problem for him by all accounts

• Like Like x 1
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm thinking this all have to do with Haden not getting a new contract. He should play lights this year ... in order, to increase his market value. But, he may play it safe ... in order, to be healthy for free agency next year.

22. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    So they must not be as confident in Pierre, either. That can't be the case because @macdaddyo is convinced he's the next Joe Haden.

23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Interesting is one way to put it. Terrifying is another.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Or better players became available and they jumped on the opportunity, but that wouldn't fit your "sky is falling!" narrative.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Let's see week 2 after contracts are not fully guaranteed and they see plan B play for a week up front

HACK

• Like Like x 1