1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lions at Steelers official GDT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    So maybe Tomlin has been right about Rudolph over Haskins. I'm not saying that he's any good, mind you, just that he doesn't suck more.

It's unfair to both, but the situation is that neither were inspirational.

I get the feeling that Mason doesn't handle the pressure of being in the red zone well and presses too much. And Haskins is exactly what he has been all along, inconsistent. He can make all the plays with his legs or his arms, but just doesn't do it consistently enough.

So there's a tremendous drop off from QB1 to the rest of the group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I got to see most of the game. I’m at our place down at Lake of the Ozarks. Doing a little bar hopping

• Like Like x 4
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Maulet the only injury?

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell I didn't even know he was injured

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is top 10 all-time imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    ankle injury I believe... JuJu went in the blue tent too I think. Got hit hard in the back after a reception and it broke his iphone so he couldn't tiktok. Emotional bruising. j/k...I do think JuJu got banged up a little though, I didn't have audio where I was watching so I don't know the aftermath.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    All-time? Yikes. I think I could name 10 better using only half a dozen letters to start their last names.

Top 10 modern era? I could get on board with that, I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    They were talking hand or arm. He came out of the tent and Batch said he didn't look like he was in pain. The broadcast showed him at that moment without pads on and he didn't look comfortable. But there were no trainers/medical staff around him, and nothing was taped/immobilized, so it didn't look too serious.

I should probably start a Steelers Lose JuJu thread for fun.

9. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    ok good, thanks for that. I give him a hard time but I really enjoy watching him play.

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They said on the post game show it appeared to be his left hand. They didn't wrap it or put ice on it. And, as usual, he was doing his tik tok bs after the game so it couldn't have been anything serious.

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I was thinking when I saw him out there. He's pretty big at Safety as well which is probably why they list him at LB on the site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Overall, I am happy about how the offense and defense looked in the first half. There are a lot of good football players on this team. If the offense performs this well in three weeks, it could be a fun season. I watched the Bills play the Bears today. The Bears are a bad team, but the Bills looked like the 2004-05 Steelers.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    oh thank god it wasn't his typing hand :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Justin Layne is finally ready to be a CB!!! And not someone who should only play on special teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I kept seeing #17 out there and thinking Eli Rogers....same with our new #45 Schobert - sorry I was thinking Chris Fu'uamatu Ma'afalua. or however you spell it. Must be @mytake thread taking me back LOL

• Like Like x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I love what Highsmith is showing this preseason, but that's exactly what it is. He looks like he is taking a big step forward from last season, but he needs to prove it in games that count. Last season, there was a significant drop-off from Dupree to Highsmith.

Were you actually kidding about that last part, or were you really closing out your post with a take that bad?

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You seem agitated. Did you at least like the movie?

18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Be careful Glenn that Ozarks is a well known “hot” spot

19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Yeah, I thought Ben would naturally regress and there wouldn't be much of a drop off, but there clearly still is. Mediocre Mason is not the future, hopefully they can sell his stat line and hope teams don't watch the film and recoup a late round pick.

20. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    What's weirder is Ingram wearing #8. In another game I saw a DB wearing #3. I actually I agree with Tom Brady, these number changes are ridiculous, but I guess I will get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Your probably one of those guys that has Peyton ahead of him, which is wrong on many levels. :shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is an interesting comparison. Peyton Manning 18 seasons, 11 Playoff appearances with Colts, 3 AFCCG, 2 SB's winning 1. On to Denver, won division every season, 2 SB's winning 1. He has been to 14 Pro Bowls.

Obviously I like Ben but I would think 99% of NFL fans would have Peyton over Ben hands down.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Agree. Ben has a reputation, so does Peyton. I'm taking Ben (even Eli) in the big game just based off my experience of both their careers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    It's a take, regardless. Whether it is or is not a bad one remains to be seen. I don't have a crystal ball like you do.

Your disdain for me prohibits you from even approaching the nuances of my opinions. So I shouldn't expain. And yet...my point is that we're debating a contract upwards of 30M. Many, myself included, feel that is too much to pay for an edge rusher, even one with TJ's history/future, regardless of who his other bookend is.

My comment was that his value could actually drop if our two, MUCH lower priced, edge rushers begin looking like viable starters in his absence.

Before you fly to the keyboard, I am not advocating for letting him go, pulling offers off the table, or diminishing his impact in any way on this defense. His talent is irreplaceable.

What I am questioning, however, is how much better this defense is with him over Ingram if Ingram were to play at his ceiling?

Again, I am not saying that it won't be better with TJ, because it will. But how much? 5% 10%

So when I ask what are we getting for >25M, I'm asking exactly that. How much better is our defense with TJ and a huge contract as apposed to Ingram and a small contract, both playing at their ceilings.

That cannot be answered. No metrics, no stats, no tape to substantiate a credible, definitive comparison/contrast.

Sometimes, scribe, people just have thoughts and pose them as as hypotheticals. And sometimes, people have to spend 10 minutes explaining that to someone who just wants to argue for no reason.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Do you think...Nah. But what if...Couldn't be. Or...maybe Tomlin is trotting Mason out there with the 1's to raise his trade capital? That's ballsy because Mason could have easily undermined that plan, but it seems at least possible that Mason is being groomed for a trade and being given the best opportunity to shine. He hit a couple passes downfield, but the bulk of his work was swing passes and throws to the flat for 0 yards and the YAC got him most of his passing numbers. Unfortunately, he couldn't make the tough, tight-window throws to put points on the board.

Anyway, my conspiracy theory is that he's being groomed for a trade.