1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers trading for LB Joe Schobert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Mine married me for my money, but she can't count.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Cheaper than getting married, at least.

3. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Okay, that did it. I'm now totally convinced that you are a @Formerscribe shadow account. Because neither of you watch the same games as the rest of us. Trust me, it's the Iowa Hawkeyes and not the Steelers you are watching. If you're watching the Steelers on Saturdays, you're doing something wrong.

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    LOL... So, you are telling me the Steelers are not playing this Saturday?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Oh you bastard. You freaking got me. There is absolutely nothing I can come back with. Dammit.

The only thing redeeming in this is that you caught that before "the other one" did. Thank you for being on the ball.

You're still looney as a jay-bird with your opinion on Bush. But you totally disarmed me without blinking, and you did it with a smile, so you got my respect for that.

:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not that this statement won't stir up a hornets nest but I am more inclined to believe Tomlin than I am the Jags GM not because Tomlin is more truthful or has no agenda but simply put if Pittsburgh had been as insistent and persistent as he is claiming then he is very bad at his job. They bent over and offered their wives and sisters to make this deal. I'd laugh if the Steelers had said we need a new ping pong table and free soda in the locker room as add ons to the deal.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    No trade value teams know he will be released with an attempt to get him on the practice squad

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In Schobert's 5 year NFL career he has won a total of 15 games, the Steelers won 12 games last year, he's going to love being on this team :herewego!:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    While I like the enthusiasm, I really don't we'd get anything for Berry but Colbert is on a roll who knows

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He actually started last week. They didn't want to play Stafford and the back-up Wolford is injured. Hodges might fall into a roster spot there like he did here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I have a bad feeling that the Steelers might keep Berry over Harvin because of Boswell being more comfortable with Berry as his holder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    TE coverage takes time + it's the schemes biggest weakness.
    He's still green in the coverage role.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Idk, he was throwing ducks last week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I wonder if we could get a 6th for Benny Snell. Kalen Ballage is the same body type/power runner and I don't know if there's a big difference. I haven't seen enough of Ballage but I'm sure the coaches have an inkling. Snell's got a good college pedigree and some good NFL tape.

An additional 6th isn't going to ensure anything next draft, but why not get a pick if you can. I just hate trying to stash those 53 man roster bubble guys on the PS as some team usually poaches them. And I DO think there is a difference between the bubble guys and the developmental guys.

I was trying to watch the scroll to see if any RBs went down this past week of play. I saw Tenn lost one, but didn't pay real close attention.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That's what I'm hoping for.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

to be honest watt is the guy that i don't see much use for if we aren't going to use him. he's got a pretty hefty salary for a ST'er. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's possible. My opinion of Snell is.. k.. nothing terrible and nothing spectacular. Very average to not exciting lol but can at times move the chains.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    I still think we've not seen the best Snell has to offer. He has shown flashes of being a quality back. He runs angry at times and moves defenders off their spot. I just think he's been the victim of a bad OL and isn't quite good enough to make something out of nothing or overcome bad OL play. With a decent OL, I really think we're having a different conversation about him. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree. he had a couple of the best rushing games we had last year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Saw a quote from Schobert today, talking about him wearing the green dot. Butler says Bush might not be on the field for some sub packages because of his rehab. That's probably a little to be expected, but I think the writing is on the wall here. Bush wasn't going to be ready, or able, to be an every down ILB, regardless of reason, at the start of the season. Schobert was an available upgrade at the position. Time will tell if Colbert gets credit for another major steal. But who am I to say? Let's see what his wife has to say about it...

• Like Like x 2
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that's 4 draft picks to get one ready ILB. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    :facepalm: (that's for the statement, not for you making it)

And that goes back to the topic of panic. You can't tell me there hasn't been some panic amongst the coaches this preseason, looking at a camp without a quality ILB to start week 1. Finding Schobert was a gift from the football gods, apparently. Just because we got lucky and got him here doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of tidy-whities with skid marks in them belonging to the organization.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    She’s seems funny :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers made a smart move to improve their team, yet you are desperately searching for angles to criticize it. Your claim regarding panic is not supported by evidence. I guess you think just repeating the same nonsense often enough will somehow make it true.

• Like Like x 2