1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Worlids start over James Harrison?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mrn6, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I rewatched the game against the Bengals and did not notice Jason Worilds at all..then I realized that's because James Harrison was playing the whole game.

It appears to me, and please tell me if I am wrong that barring the injuries this year to Harrison, Worlids has MADE more plays this year. I understand Harrison has been hurt. But what has he really done so far this year?

Worlids should get a shot at starting over Harrison right now.

It's sad, I know that the coaches are too loyal to the veteran players. On a side note, I think Hampton and Harrison need be let go next year...just my 2 cents

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well by that logic , pouncey should sit because legursky is out playing him. :facepalm: :cool:

3. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Worilds plays better on the left. Not so sure he is any better of an option than what Harrison gives us right now.
    Worilds has had a few sacks, but I don't recall any of them being ones he generated by showing any real skill outside of being unblocked or in the right place at the right time.

4. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

no Legursky has not outplayed Pouncey...but Worlids has been much better then Harrison..at least he is getting to the quarterback

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    with legs in there we had a 100 yd. rushing back. we didn't when pouncey was playing. harrison is playing on a bum knee, not his fault, it's an injury. they still have to use two guys on him most times. worilds is playing pretty well too, but we have looked much better with harrison then without him. it's a tough call. i'd still like to see harrison in footes spot and then we can get worilds on the field too. :cool:

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    When worilds in on harrisons side he disappears he is built for woods side and that is when he always performs best maybe slide wood over and put worilds in but harrison isnt 100% percent yet remember he missed all of training camp its going to take him some time to get into game shape. Watch he will be better this week and im going to say back to destroying people in about two or three weeks.

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No he shouldn't. nitrous is correct, IMO, Worilds appears to do better on the L. Give James a few more games to get up to speed - he is not 100%. He had a few pressures last week.

8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    TSH and I think the same on this....he just types faster...... :applaud:

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    last week was James 2nd start of the year? give the man some time to get up to speed, he has lots of rust to burn off

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I think Worilds has looked the best of all the noobs but with that being said I think just the presence of James gets in the mind of a qb and I feel we need that to help this scrapyard D that we've been trying to use this year.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    James will be fine what is this his 2nd preseason game? The rest of the boys didnt look so good after them either

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No, end of story. The man is getting chipped on every play he rushes. He takes some game planning.

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Harrison is much better than worlds against the run, even with his injury. The only rush I have seen worlds do is a speed rush looping all the way around. Running straight at him he just isn't strong enough yet. :shrug:

14. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    To answer the original question -- No.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You're wrong!

16. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Care to elaborate?

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Worilds should be starting, he's bigger at 6-2 262, he's stronger than harrison, he led the team in sacks untill harrison came back, he was a sack leader and run stopper in college and it's time to let him do what he does best, he's younger stronger and playing better than Harrison, it's a no brainer who should be starting.......

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm fine with that. There should be no loyalty to anyone. If a backup is playing better than a starter, than sit the starter until such time the backup is no longer performing above what the starter can do.

19. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I think its time to give the new bloods some playing time. Rotate em in and out. If we dont, they get no experience and just takes longer to get up to speed when they are really needed.

20. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Why rotate em, start em, Worilds is in his 3rd year here, he played well in his 4 starts, harrison cant slant cut on tackles anymore while he is babying his knee, so what is the benefit in having him start? There is none, we drafted worilds high in the draft to be a pass rusher, and here we are 3 years later starting harrison who is obviously not a force any longer, how freaking dumb is that????

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i agree that the best performer ha sto play but i still see harrison and pouncey play better than leg and worilds

22. Krunch

Krunch Member

Nov 22, 2011
    It might have something to do with how Harrison was being used. I didn't study every defensive play, but did notice James dropping back in coverage and chasing tight ends. I believe that was the topic of another thread here. I also think I saw him rushing from the middle a few times. I don't think they thought he was up to continually coming around the corner under the weight of a defensive tackle.

23. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And that was all from woodleys side not harrison side.

24. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Correct. I really have considered him Lamarr's backup. I think he actually had his best game playing for Lamarr.

25. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Worilds actually backed up both harrison and woodley last year, worilds also missed all of the offseason OTAs and didnt play at all in preseason due to wrist surgerey, considering he missed all those practices he played well in his 4 starts this year, and will still backup both harrison and woodley, he isnt just a one side player like some of you are trying to say he is..... http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10/le ... st-eagles/