1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillane

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Jul 21, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Was this you :lolol:?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember those reports, too. I’ve always believed it was consensual until something happened in that bathroom to make her change her mind. My guess is Ben is a big guy and was sloppy drunk and was too rough and it scared her, then she tried to leave and I think thats when Ben was probably bullish on that and continued, she fell or he pushed her, we’ll never know but I don’t believe he raped her. Inappropriate behavior, certainly but not rape.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fugitive60

Fugitive60 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Getting back on Spillane topic, (unless this is Mickey Spillane we're talking about) Robert Spillane made a nice one-handed interception at practice today.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, that perfect police investigation that led to an officer resigning because he was taking selfies with Roethlisberger. Your fanboy-influenced memories don't mean much.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I was calling for them to take Chubb or the next linebacker available, then immediately posted about Edmunds being a horrible pick because he was such a reach. I was right.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fanboy? That’s funny. If he actually did it then he should rot in jail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That was the year all the first round caliber ILBs were gone by the time the Steelers pick came up, Chubb wasn't a option for them they had Bell, and Conner.

8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    There was also no evidence that she was raped, as she claimed. Rape kit would have revealed penetration and he would have immediately been arrested and charged.

She lied. Case closed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    At that point, even being a fanboy wouldn't allow you to justify his behavior. That doesn't mean you aren't seeing what he actually did through fanboy glasses.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Proving penetration does not prove rape. We don't know what happened in that room. Anybody definitively claiming otherwise either doesn't fully understand the available information or is lying.

11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    She said he entered her. She lied.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    She had a " I want f***** " T shirt on, followed him from bar to bar, told all her friends that she WAS going to f*** him ( which her friends told to the cops ) Ya, really sounded like he forced her against her will...

Ben is a Pig,I knew alot of them...But that doesn't make him a Rapist

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    @SteelerGlenn pretty much said it all already.

(And yes, Glemm, I namedropped you again. You're in my head like a tick, one that I would love to drop in a bowl of isopropyl alcohol and watch drown. But when you're right, you're right. And your comment was spot on. :drinks:)

As for scribe, I made allegations. I couldn't give a flying flip what you think happened. You don't know what happened. When did she say no? Did he close the door? Like I asked in my previous post that tore your argument to shreds, was the door blocked to keep her in or others out? You don't know.

Scribe, let me say this once more for your over inflated ego...you don't know what happened. All you have is the same thing the rest of us can read. You can't back up anything, because if YOU could back up something factual, so could the prosecutors. And Ben would have faced charges. But you weren't there. Stop acting like you were.

You can have an opinion. That's fine. But you can't convince ANYONE here that you know more than the people who were there. To be that delusional is comical and sad.

So here's a laugh and a tear, given in your honor.

:sign0020::cry:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    If that happened then that is rape.

15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Pretty much so, yep. All she has to do is convey the desire for things to stop. She can say no. She can shake her head. She can put up her hands or even wag her finger. But it's not rape AFTER something happens and she decides she didn't want to. That's not how it works.

And I'm not saying it was or it wasn't, because I don't know if she conveyed AT THE TIME that she wanted to shut things down.

But what is not up for debate is that alcohol lowers inhibitions and she and her friends put themselves in a bad situation before anything bad happened. That is NOT an excuse for a guy forcing himself on someone. But sometimes we need to be a little smarter about our actions and our surroundings. She didn't ask for anything, but she, and her sorority sisters, sure as hell had a hand in where it ended up.

16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    It’s tough because celebrities are not used to being told no or stop they usually get what the want in those situations.

Conversely it wouldn’t be the first time someone lied knowing who the person was looking for a payday.

Probably somewhere in the middle. She probably led him on and then reconsidered on which he was pissed or embarrassed and maybe grabbed her or pushed her.

If he actually raped her I’d assume they could have proven that with the kit.

What was the Lake Tahoe incident?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    A group of sorority sisters are following professional football players from bar to bar. They aren't getting all these free drinks by accident. They aren't getting free drinks just for their conversation. They are teasing and flirting and leading these guys on. Maybe they want something else, maybe they don't. But celebrities are not used to being told no for a reason. Everyone knows it. And you're absolutely right that it's probably somewhere in the middle of both their interpretations of what was happening.

But if we're taking her word at face value, then let's condemn Jerome Bettis as well. Any takers? Didn't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think you are mixing her up with the woman who made the other allegation, the one who bragged to her friends about having sex with him, then changed her tune when he blew her off the next time he was there.

She did have the DTF t-shirt on, but I don't remember ever reading or hearing a claim that she told her friends she was going to have sex with him. Of course, even if she did, as long as she said no when he actually tried to have sex with her, it still would have been rape.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    By all means, share with us the story about Bettis that is detailed in a police report and is comparable to the one about Roethlisberger.

There was a discussion of victim-blaming on the Haskins thread. This post by Seven4STeel is what actual victim-blaming looks like. She accepted free drinks and hung around, so what did she expect? That's just gross.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    None of us were there...None us know for sure, just speculation... I'm just pointing out that this girl wasn't the Virgin Mary

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s a leap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    So you hate Jerome Bettis and think he's a dirt-bag. Got it.

Any dirt you want to throw on Lambert, Ham, or Russell? I mean, might as well show your TRUE colors and trash the legends.

And finally, victim-blaming. If I go to the bank to make a deposit, but take my 38 special, go in with a bunch of friends, all wearing masks, and aggressively approach a teller window, when I get shot, I'll make sure to point out that Formerscribe says I wasn't asking for it and that the officer who shot me was gross.

Dude, I said multiple times that no means no, regardless of how it is said or even gestured. So before you make more of a fool out of yourself, read what is being written and stop seeing red when you get put in your place.

You are wrong. Man up and accept it.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    It's really not a leap, Blast. All she has to do is wag her finger or put her hands up, anything. As long as she indicates she is not down, it makes no difference how blue his balls are or what shirt she was wearing. It's rape if it goes further than what she wants, even if she's a whore.

But like I said, it's NOT rape if she changed her mind AFTER the deed was done. Makes no difference how many guys were outside the door or if @Formerscribe was perving on them from the next stall (which apparently, he was).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    And just to point out what's not apparently obvious...the title of this thread is "Spillane." Three guesses as to who got the thread off topic. His name rhymes with dormerbribe. Just sayin' :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong again, Seven. This is getting embarrassing for you.

I asked you to present an example of a police report of Bettis doing anything similar to the one about Roethlisberger with that girl in Georgia. You couldn't do it. It doesn't exist. There was a scheme involving a false accusation about Bettis. If I remember correctly, the accuser was thoroughly discredited. That did not happen in the Roethlisberger case. That is just one of many comparisons in your post that don't hold up.

Wearing a DTF t-shirt to a bar is the same as taking a gun into a bank? Keep digging that hole. You claim that you believe no means no, yet you continue to make an argument in favor of victim-blaming. The only one making a fool of himself here is you.