1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What will the Steelers record be heading into their bye week?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jun 21, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’d get that looked at.

2. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    3-3 would be a good point to be at the bye. I think that's easily within the realm of possibility for a couple reasons. First and foremost is that teams won't have any solid scouting on this team and its tendencies, formations, attitude, and overall ability. Way too much in flux right now.

Defensively, we should be solid enough through the first few games before teams can get a grip on our weaknesses. Offensively, we're supposed to be a blank slate. If the offense really changes, then it will take the league at least the first month of the season to get a beat on what we're doing and what it will take to neutralize it. We have the advantage over the first 3-4 games as a result.

It comes down to whether our defense is solid enough to keep us in games and not put us in the position to have to air it out. Playing catchup or getting into shootouts with other teams is going to be a recipe for failure with this team. We "can" be dynamic on offense, no question. But to think we're going to be able to hang our hats on that is wishful at best right now.

That being said, we're going to give the Bills, Raiders, Bengals, and Packers some matchup problems. Around that time, teams will be able to start game-planning better against us.

Bills - Our defense exacts some retribution and holds Allen and Co. to a modest performance, Najee shows his worth and rumbles for 130 all-purpose yards and 2 TD's. 20-17 Steelers

Raiders - Coming across country for our home opener...the first REAL fan game since the pandemic...the Raiders will be welcomed to one of the loudest, craziest Heinz Field environments in a long, long time. This will be the first real test of this new team, whether they can keep their composure and handle business at home, in the opener, with fans. I think they can. Najee gets his first of many 100-yard rushing games. The WR's make their presence known, and the defense puts up points. 27-10 Steelers.

Bengals - This is one of the games we should win, and won't. The home opener is behind us. All the emotion of the pandemic season and not having fans in the stands was left on the field last week. Anything can happen in the AFC North. And this week, Najee gets out-dueled by Joe Mixon, Ben throws his first pick, and we look like the familiar, unprepared team that just can't handle business. 21-10 Bengals.

Packers - This one hurts. Traveling to the Big Cheesy isn't too much for the Steelers, still snarling after being bich-slapped by their little brother from Ohio. Ben goes toe to toe with Rodgers and Najee supports the passing game with 160 all-purpose yards. TJ and Co. make Aaron question his life choices and have him on the ropes late in the 4th, just to let him put another comeback win in his pocket with a go-ahead score on the last drive of the game. 31-27 Packers

At this point, I don't even have a guess as to what happens beyond the first four games, other than to say we split the next two, somehow.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Did it coincide with the last purge of the message board? That would make anyone feel better almost instantly. ;)

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I did. They said they are working on a cure but it still might be 3 1/2 years away.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don’t worry, it will clear up in August :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think 60 catches for Freiermuth is way too high, Ebron is the starter and he won't get to 60 catches, Freiermuth I see him getting 30-35 catches.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough.

I am mainly basing this on Ebron possibly getting nicked along the way given the fact that he usually is nicked during the season. That said, if Freiermuth even achieves 50 catches.... something either is not right with Ebron or Freiermuth is doing that well that Matt nor Tomlin can keep him off the field. Keep in mind though I will be updating my sig accordingly.

8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The Raiders open with the Ravens on Monday night, then have to travel to Pittsburgh.
    One less day and the travel will make it tough on them.
    I think the Raiders being blown out is more likely than them winning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I doubt it will be a blowout but the Steelers should win that game by at least 10. I just hope the Raiders can beat the Rats 1st week which will be tough for them to do on the road.

10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    2-4

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The original timetable was October.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Who's this dueling Mixon...lol

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You go look, not me

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    TMI

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope he doesn't do it in the Prediction Poll. I have a feeling we'll see more then a few of 8-9.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    3-3 looks realistic at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Nothing matters when the Steelers play the Raiders. Terrelle Pryor has 3 career wins as a QB, one against the Steelers. Dennis Allen had 8 career wins as a head coach, two against the Steelers. John Gruden's sad sack 2-10 Raiders kept the Steelers out of the playoffs in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that tends to be more when the Steelers go to the west coast so hopefully a different result at home.

• Like Like x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Loss to the Bills - that team is stacked and will be at home.
    Win vs the Raiders - 1st home game vs west coast team
    Win vs the Bengals - Closer than we think, but still a W
    Win vs the Packers - optimistic yes, but I think Ben wants to prove something
    Loss to the Broncos - Hangover from GB win
    Win vs the Seahawks - Prime time at home, last min win

4-2

• Like Like x 4
  20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Revising to 1-5. Will beat GB or Den, whoever Rodgers is not playing for.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    With DeCastro gone I’m revising to 3-3 because of the O line. I see some 19-17 kind of wins early in the year due to our defense being able to control some questionable opposing offenses, but I’m not feeling good about where we’re headed after the break.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Same thing happened to me - the cure coincided with dropping the MLB package on DTV and I couldn't watch any more Pirate games. It saved me $$$ as well.:thumbs_up: