1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Four round mock fixes run game

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Maddog78, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I’ll be at the draft in Cleveland and all my sources are telling me 100% RB in rd 1

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not directed at you, AQL but I call bs. Steeles guard their draft picks closer than the nuclear codes are guarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Well... Devin Bush Jr is an exception but I agree nonetheless.

That said, it is still intriguing to me if true. Not stating it is not but it is something to think k about for certain.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

For me, the lack of length is only going to show up against some of the top tier EDGE Players; unicorns like Myles Garrett, Chase Young, T.J. Watt, etc. That said, Jenkins athletic profile is so tremendous that, any major length issues he may have he can mitigate; faster and quicker hand placement along with a more violent first counter punch to name some examples.

As for him being a Center, I do not believe that would be a good idea as he has never played as one. Robert Hainsey, a PA native however, would be right at home. If anything, do not be surprised to see him be one of our early day three selections.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Someone reported they would move up to pick 10 and cited an inside source?

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nope.

Art Rooney II summed it up after the selection;

"This was the worst kept secret in the history of the NFL Draft."

Granted and, as I said, Pittsburgh could have not telegraphed their interest in Bush Jr. any harder if they tried.

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Everyone I hear talk about Dickerson indicates that he is by far the best C prospect in the draft, would be the next in a long line of great centers in Pittsburgh. He's got the skills, build, and attitude to become the leader of the OL.

Unless a guy like Fields magically falls, this is the guy I want them to draft.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree he is by far the best C in the draft.

But his medical issues in the past scare the hell out of me.

He could be an All-Pro or riddled with injuries and only play a handful of games.

Talent is undeniable but BOOM/BUST based on medical and injury potential.

This is why I would not use a 1st round pick on him, however, I would roll the dice in Round 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He'll be gone before 2.55. What I don't know about the injuries is how they occurred. Was he unluckily rolled up on, or did something just pop like with Banner?

I'm sure they'll only draft him if convinced that the past injuries won't be an issue.

I'm going to be fuming if he goes to a division rival after we pick a running back.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll assume T. Lawrence will go to Jacksonville. Seems all the hot shot QB's coming out of College recently are residing in the AFC. Finally get rid of Brady and now the Steelers will have new guys to contend with. Deep down I'm so hoping for a miracle like the Brady pick was years ago.

11. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am stating the obvious, but maybe not so obvious to the Steelers brass, fixing the running game keeps the defense off the field more, by converting the 3rd and 1's.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Updated 4-round mock using pff.nfl.com. Run game fixed, even got a future running mate for Bush.

24 Landon Dickerson C • Alabama
    55 Walker Little T • Stanford
    87 Tommy Tremble TE • Notre Dame
    128 Jamin Davis LB • Kentucky
    140 Rhamondre Stevenson HB • Oklahoma

• Like Like x 1