1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Prospects

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by DukeDukeDaDaDa, Mar 31, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Kellen Mond is the only QB I would want in this draft. Late Day two option if nothing else. That said, given the fact that it is still unclear if his Zoom Meeting with the Team is unofficial, all any of us can do is speculate.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i like trask or mond in the second. rather it be the third. jamie newmen seems to be on their radar though. he and trask have had several meetings with tomlin, colbert, canada, i have read. i'd hate the newmen pick. i can see us with newmen, dobbs and haskins by the 2022 season. :cool:

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I could see the Steelers take a late round flyer on a QB, not sure if they do the early splash. I think if Justin Fields falls Tomlin will be tempted to pressure Colbert, because I think he likes Fields. But I think Fields played himself up with his 2 pro days to the middle or early part of 1st round.

But, would not be shocked to see a 3rd to 5th round selection of a QB.

Ben signed 3 years, but who knows that could be a 1 year deal in reality.

Mason is in his last year

Dobbs signed 1 year

Haskins signed 1 year

Think you like to get a young guy wrapped up for 4 possible years

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They would be better off waiting until next year to get their QB, they would be able to use those comp picks to trade up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Next year's QB class is not nearly as deep. If you think someone has the ability to be "that guy", you trade up if you have to. But if Lance or Fields falls, you have to seriously weigh you options.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Quite a few QBs will step up and become NFL prospects, Zach Wilson, Joe Burrow and Mac Jones weren't considered first round QBs before their final college season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Mond in round 3 would be a great pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Agreed. But it doesn't negate the fact that, if you think someone is "that guy", you go and get him.

9. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Justin Fields draft stock is dropping faster than Madonna’s tits. There is a chance the Stillers can get him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I think I'd have to think about Fields at 24 if I were Colbert. If I wasn't going to take him I would trade out of the pick, someone would offer something.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Can't we give Haskins 1 year under Tomlin and Co, before running him off?

No offense to River Boat Ron, but I never thought he ran the tightest ship with Cam Newton's behavior.

Funny all these experts talking about the Steelers needing to draft a QB this year, are the same guys that put a 1st round grade on Haskins in 2019.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If Kellen Mond is there in the 2nd, I think Colbert would give it a lot of consideration. Don't know if he'd pull the trigger or not, but I think that's where the QB flirtations would end. A camp arm will definitely be brought in as an UDFA though.

I definitely see Fields, Lance and Jones all gone by the time 24 rolls around.

13. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think Haskins will get every opportunity. He's 23, and just 24 month's ago he was a top pick. He's from one of THE premier programs, and has one of the biggest arms in the league. Oh, and they also desperately need a QB next year. He's gonna get a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I think he'll get a lot of run in the Hall of Fame Game and unless he looks really good, don't think he'll be around much after.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he’ll get more time than that, the way Tomlin spoke of him at the presser, he likes him, going to give him every opportunity.

If they really want to see what he’s got and develop him, they will make him 2nd string coming out of camp, only way he will get enough work.

16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'd love for Haskins to develop, just disappointed at the reports of lack of dedication. Is that fixable? If you watched any OSU games in 2019, it was a huge story that his dream since childhood was to be the starting QB at Ohio State.

Not the NFL, at Ohio State.

I wonder if he's satisfied.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Kyle Trask of course who knows with so much misinformation out there right now.

18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Take one team off the "Need a QB" list. Denver just traded for Teddy Bridgewater, so with him and Locke on the roster, they won't be looking. And the Panthers just traded for Darnold, so they won't be looking at a round 1 qb.

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Don't count Denver out. Carolina is still paying 7 million of his 10 million in Salary next year and it only cost them a 6th round pick.

I still say Denver goes QB if Fields or Jones is there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy, I must be in the minority, really I think the Steelers will go this year with what we have
    and go all in for Sam Howell next year.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get all the Washington games here in norther VA so I have seen Haskins play a bit. He wasn't ready to start when drafted and they threw him in there with two new offenses in two years. His off the field stuff is all his fault but his lack of development wasn't helped much by being in the Dan Snyder zoo. Here's hoping he will do better with us.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I'm down with that - he's got a good arm and he's young. I hope he spent his offseason working, this is probably his last chance.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't worry he was getting paid at OSU also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Maturity level may not be there. Teams just don’t dump first round choices so quickly unless there is something really really wrong. I hope he is the future but I think he may be another in the long line of draft busts in Hall of Jagoffs. Maybe not in the Ryan Leaf/ Johnny Manziel league, but I don’t have my hopes up for Haskins.

25. TIMSBURGH

TIMSBURGH Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think let this season play out. Let's restock the O Line
    I would like to see if Haskins is really a bust or just was drafted and forced to play before he was ready to play. We won't find any thing out if our QBs are on there azzes in 3 seconds or less

• Agree Agree x 1