1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Apr 20, 2021.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    his franchise qb was supposed to play the season. he had two very young inexperienced qbs behind ben. he didn't build the team around those two. now he will have to build his own. those guys were supposed to learn behind ben and never got too. you can't blame bad qb play on those two. they took us to 8-8 because the franchise started out 0-2, well 0-1.5. did you really expect that season to go differently after ben got hurt?:cool:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But if you can get to 12-4 without trying and it always ends there then what's the point? The Pouncey hike was a disaster but it was one play that you should bounce back from and not affect the complete outcome of the rest of the game. This team and its fans are very fortunate to be in this enviable position year after year. But you can't squander it and this team under this coach does it way too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Again,I come back to why? Why....After last seasons collapse...The playoff **** show, the past how many seasons collapses, and playoff **** shows?

Why?What RECENTLY has Tomlin done, to warrant being REWARDED!

Why? Based on what RECENTLY! He has UNDERACHIEVED for years...Why not wait?

What... If he completely sucks next year? You know what...Nothing...nothing now...

If he completely sucks next year, he would have PROBABLY been done, if he was NOT extended!

But he WAS extended so...He can absolutely stink, for the next TWO years now imo...And nothing is going to happen to him!

4. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    So you'd rather a bunch of strangers be miserable than for the Steelers to be successful. Got it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to the prom with my dad and came home with my mom.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  6. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    She wasn't my favorite aunt before the prom...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    That's not exactly what I took from his post..

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I expected us to suck and we played better than I thought despite the QB play being awful and a peewee game plan.

There’s no difference let alone a big difference, Tomlin did a good job while not having Ben, the big argument everyone likes to throw at him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No. I would rather the Steelers move on from Tomlin. But that’s not happening right now. It is a nice consolation prize though that the people that muck up this board with the nonstop negativity and complaining are suffering over this though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like beer.

But don’t read to much into that. I almost like you. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    BS

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I like the move, just for the fact that it pisses off the Tomlin haters :lolol:.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The odds would probably be so low 1:100, that you would win $10, but hey it's a sure bet.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    So you'd prefer pissing off Tomlin haters than actually winning a championship.

Great logic. Art is that you?

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    what the hell.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, hopefully Brady only wins one or two more Super Bowls before the Steelers turn it around.

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Art II: I'm just so tired of winning Super Bowls...

Now watch they win one this season...

• Like Like x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The Rooney rule has to do with interviewing minority candidates. Mike Tomlin has been the Head Coach here for 14 years. The Rooney Rule does not apply here.

Dan Rooney is deceased, and no longer the Ambassador to Ireland. I am not sure how this applies to Mike Tomlin's extension.

To answer your question about "How I know Rooney thinks Tomlin is a good coach", that is my opinion. If you follow the team closely, I am not sure how you could feel otherwise. Rooney thinks Tomlin is a top 3 NFL Head Coach. He almost gushes over him when he speaks.

Sometimes you can't convince your cousin, that taking the prettiest fat girl to the prom, isn't going to win him prom king, no matter how hard you try.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    LMAO...So many Tomlin Fanboys on here estatic that the Tomlin haters are pissed...

They're happy that the Steelers will continue to underachieve and not win ****, But are glad fans are pissed...Great logic... Enjoy your next 9-8 (I doubt it ) 3 years...Sing, rejoice, and bask in the glory of Steeler Fans being mad...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Hey at least we got a swell guy who really really really cares about all the players and their families. Probably will go 6-11 next season with another 400 cliches explaining how Giraffes are hunted by the Lions because of the natural cycle of Prey Vs. Predator or that ice caps dissolve from an unstoppable depletion of the ozone layer. It's all good though since some fans would rather see Popcorn stay for a 1 and done playoff possibility over the next 3 seasons as opposed to finding new leadership who may be more of a coach than a friend to the 53 man roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Tomlin wins the games most of the games he’s supposed to win
    Loses games he supposed to win
    Loses other games he supposed to lose
    But never wins games he’s supposed to lose

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Big Ben can also not play like ass too in the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I like Tomlin as a person and I think he deserves some serious respect. The best way to treat him would be the same way you treat any coach who is good but not as successful as the organization would like. Lots of good coaches who happen to be white get let go every year, sometimes you just need to make a change to point the team in another direction. His time should be up , yes he is a great guy, makes good sound bites, is a good interview and the players love him. He still makes terrible calls with clock management, rarely do I ever notice any changes from one half to another.
    Team consistently struggles against weaker teams starting backup QB's. Starting Feiler over Dotson in the playoff game was a huge mistake, Dotson graded out as one of the best guards in the NFL over 300 snaps and Feiler when healthy is average at best took two penalties in the first 12 plays to just pile on the bad snap to start the game.
    Oh well 3 more years of average. I will still live and die on every play, but year after year of just average is getting really tough.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Is that iambic pentameter?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    You do realize these coaching contracts are not engraved in stone where hes guaranteed to coach all 3 years right?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1