1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Feb 10, 2021.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He's speaking facts. It was even further confirmed when his agent put out there he turned down a High offer from the eagless but than the eagles reported they weren't even interested in him and his agent REACHED OUT TO THEM. His whole Steelers thing was a PR move to try to make it look like he turned down all these great offers and opportunities when in reality he wasn't viewed as that good on the market or worth the money he thought he was so hes hoping another year in Pittsburgh elevates that. Not because he couldn't leave steeler nation which he tried to do to make the fans to put him on a pedestal. Alot fell for it so good move by him.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To paraphrase from "My Fair Lady", Why can't the Americans teach their children how to speak?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Very mature.

Real class act.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    He also helped the Steelers win a Super Bowl, and get to another. Class act on and off the field while he was here. This is the type of guy, that a 24 year old, up and coming player in the league should be listening too.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't doubt that Ryan could provide some solid advice. Again I question the manner in which he goes about it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I've said it before. Juju is a very good #2 but not a #1. Problem is he bought into his own hype and you have seen little things with the guy that points in that direction. Also lets be real here. He had an absolutely terrible example in AB. Doesn't matter how nice or good you are. If you have a coworker like that its going to affect you in one way or another. In my personal opinion, Juju thought he was going to get a big contract and didn't take into account the pandemic and the salary cap fallout. I think he took the 1 year deal thinking next year will be better. I don't think he has realized that he isn't the #1 guy that he thought he was and still isn't going to get paid like he hopes to next year either. I think 12 mil a year from a desperate team is his ceiling. I also think he was looking for closer to 20 mil a season (just my guess). In other words he's gonna get humbled again next off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, you do know he agrees with me, right? He says that KC and Ravens were better landing spots just that the big contract wasn’t there :lolol:

It’s also a fact he turned down less money to be here and Clark doesn’t dispute that. Clark is saying the big contract he wanted wasn’t there for him on the market and it wasn’t. I never once claimed JuJu would have turned down a 16 million contract.

The fact is, JuJu loves Pittsburgh and if he wasn’t going to get the $ he wanted, he’d rather stay here.

Of course he is banking on a great year to boost his value, I never disputed that. I argued this probably isn’t the best place to do that based on Bens health.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought he had lost something ,he just didn't look the same .I seen reports on Steelers Depot about him having knee issues most of the season... I hope he heals and gets that extra step back and the abilty to make those hard cuts..

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I never said they weren't better landing spots. In general yes they are. They are both better spots and teams than the Steelers. But we were talking about in juju case. In his case to make the MOST MONEY next offseason they were not BETTER LANDING spots than Pittsburgh for his purpose of increasing his value NEXT YR. And you keep talking about more money he turned down 1 million more which in Baltimore case he probably wouldn't have saw. Agentsp break these type of things down to their clients in terms of what they will bring home ultimately after taxes and fees. Its why guys sign sometimes for less in places like Texas and florida in comparison to others due to no state tax. So while on the sufrace it may appear to be less in actuality probably was virtually the same money. It wasn't big money that he couldn't say no to. Guarantee if he got a kenny golladay type of offer from someone he'd be suiting up in a different jersey. He wouldn't have turned down SIGNIFICANTLY more money just cause he loves Pittsburgh.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It made the most sense for Juju to come back to Pittsburgh this year. I also am not buying into this notion that he took less money to come back here. Even if the Ravens offer was a million more, keep in mind Jujus agent is cutting into that million.

Best case scenario was for him to come back here for one more year, hopefully have a great season, and then get that big payday in 2022.

I give Juju a lot of credit for making a smart business decision. The taking less money thing not so much.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Hard to argue with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I said he would have left for big money. I don’t know why its so hard for you and others to believe that JuJu wanted to stay in Pittsburgh and turned down more to stay here, you can slice it how you want, he turned down more, especially if he met the incentives.

Also, Clark said the opportunities were better for him to have a better year in KC and Ravens. I say KC for sure but he had an interesting POV about the Ravens, too.

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not sure what kind of year he would have had in Baltimore. But I think he would have had a monster year playing opposite Hill in KC.

I'm sure he does like it in Pittsburgh. I just think the taking less money thing is way overblown in this case. It doesn't make much sense to leave town and be a 1 year rental for similar money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not trying to argue it makes him a saint, just that it backs up how much he likes it here and at the end of the day, if he couldn’t cash in with a big contract, he’d rather stay here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Haha. I thought same thing. I bet tons of people bought his jersey. I got a big kick out of all the Wentz jersey's that were sold Christmas 2019. People were actually doubling the price on the black market for parents desperate to have their children own one. Guy I golf with paid $140 just to make his grandson happy.

I bought Ben's the day after his first win. Next one I'll buy is when we get our next QB.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    If you like it somewhere money shouldn't be enough to sway you. You should want to stay there regardless. But his main priority was money. It's why reportedly he told people he wasn't returning. But he didn't get what he thought on the open market. Incentives is not gurnateed. Weve been on all this multiple times the guaranteed money is what matters most in the nfl. He wasn't for sure getting that.

And I don't think he would've done better. A guy who played in that system said he wouldn't and I'd take his assessment to the bank. I think Baltimore was his best spot because they fit his style even more than KC. I just don't think he was a fit for what they like to do and it wouldn't have improved his value probably to wher ehe wanted to be. Pittsburgh is the best place for him to get the most targets.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's what everyone said. It made sense if you dont get a lot more money to come back to where you're most familiar with.

18. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    He meant $3.50, not $3.5M

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Money was obviously not the main priority right now. He could have gotten more elsewhere.

JuJu's main priority is his brand. Money will come, and yes, money is important to him. But staying in Pittsburgh was good for his brand.

And I would contend that he told people he wasn't returning because he didn't feel they had enough money to pay him a fair wage. As others signed and others left and the amount available to the organization didn't seem to be growing, it didn't look like there would be enough to pay him.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm sure that offer was on the table from Pittsburgh from the start. But he thought he was getting a probably kenny golladay type of deal and he didnt. He basically got a 1 year prove it deal from everyone who offered him anything. The smart choice to get the most for next yr in free agency is to go where you're familiar with and a qb you have chemistry with.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Who are you and what have you done with FootballAnalyst98? Is this Covid-19 brain fog?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are gonna suck and finish last in the AFC North. I don't know why there are arguments about Juju. This thread = pointless

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They are better than the Bengals I'm just not sold on burrow

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah right. :rolleyes:

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm not sold on the Bengals either.

Steelers will be in the mix. I'm not sure how next season plays out. But the Steelers never seem to nosedive. I expect them to be competitive.

Call me an optimist I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1