1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sending out an S.O.S.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Mar 23, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The finish of last season has a lot of doom and gloom around here and I do understand it. I have Steeler friends looking at that schedule and saying they see 4-5 wins max.

It is March. It's a long way off until Sept. I'm not giving up just yet.

I do hope I am able to run the Prediction Poll again because I'm sure it will look a hell of a lot different then last years. For me it will be very interesting!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    With the departures and the way the season ended, I only hope they suck badly enough to make it worthwhile, that is, draft Ben’s replacement. The worst is when a team kind of middlingly sucks, not good enough to really be in contention but not bad enough to draft an elite QB.
    I don’t worry as much about the strength of schedule, as the rest of the division has something similar. I see the 2021 Steelers as about an 8 win team.

3. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I recall Tomlin saying to Chase Young (mic'ed up) that he never wanted to be in a position where he had to draft a talent like him during warmups of the WFT game last season....

You never want to see it, but a terrible season is for the better of the team moving forward....assuming you get the draft right. No bashing Tomlin, no bashing the front office, no bashing the players next season. If you're doing either of the three next season then you clearly dont know what's at stake and dont see the big picture. We should all be on board with this...no pun intended.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  4. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Sorry, thread title had me reminiscing.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben. He still has about 10 games in him during his twilight run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If his knees are okay and his arm strength returns. Otherwise he is done. I am expecting Ben's arm strength to be improved, but the average yards per pass has to increase closer to his career average of 7.7. Last year he was 6.3. For Ben to get to a higher Y/A the receivers need to be running deeper routes, catching the ball, and getting yards after the catch. QBs averaging 6.3 Y/A are Billy Joe Tolliver, Dave Brown, and surprisingly Kordell Stewart.