1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buds Farewell to Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This was posted in the Nelson thread by @thorn058 but figured it deserved it’s own thread.

Very nice tribute.

:steelflag:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Wish him all the best in Nashville!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mmm. Mad he's gone. I made some money on him. So....
    Still mad he's gone ...even though I expected it.
    Just really hard for me 2 wish him all kinds of happiness.
    Just being honest.
    I don't wish him bad, just not real good. Not Injuries , never that. I just don't want him 2 shine , now that he's out of the Steelers uniform. LoL.
    Guess that makes me a bad Guy.

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Ugh, so wish they could keep that defence together. Bud was an absolute beast across from TJ. Best of luck to him in Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Can someone explain to me how it all seemed to come together for him last year? TJ? Coaching? Offseason Prep?
    He had the raw skills but he was having a such an incredible season I thought impact wise last year that maybe box scores dont always reflect.

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He had a speed rush that was really not right until a few seasons ago..He could beat his man , but he ran himself out of the play most times..What he did is he got stronger and pushed more with that speed keeping him closer to the QB when he turned the edge after that he worked on a speed spin to get inside.. Bud has become a top notch pass rusher it took him some time , but he is just as good now as anyone...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Good. Now maybe the butthurt people on this board that felt so slighted about his lack of tweeting can move on. Feelings LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am a Steelers fan, not a Bud fan or any player not playing on my TEAM fan. I look at it as he will be applying his skills to hurt the Steelers either when we play his new team or positioning for the playoffs, if we happen to be in contention. Not intentionally of course, but indirectly. The only players I want to see do well are those wearing Black and Gold. But that is just me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, it just took him a long time to break his bad habit of running himself out of the play. Getting stronger did help him, hopefully Highsmith gets stronger to help himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    No way he wrote that on his own...lol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Even if he was as good as everyone thinks, you can't pay top dollar to both EDGE guys. TJ gonna get paid, in a few years hopefully Highsmith is up when it's time to restructure TJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who?

• Like Like x 2
  13. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I sure wish Bud Dupree could have been brought back. Paired with TJ they were a nightmare for opposing offenses. I just hope this does not hurt TJ in 2021 and hurt our chances of bringing him back. If he were to have a slight drop off I'm afraid it would frustrate him with the Steelers defensive scheme causing him to want to leave. Hopefully, that doesn't happen.

14. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    This makes complete sense. I now do now remember seeing the tackle walk him down a huge radius where the QB would just step up and bypass him. Thanks for taking the time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Didn't he have a season ending injury last year? And weren't most people thinking he wouldn't be be ready for the start of this season, not to mention how that injury might impact his future play?

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like Bud's development it took too long.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Really well written. Hard not to root for a guy like Bud.

18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The guy took the time to do something above and beyond a tweet....

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Green font bro?

• Like Like x 1
  20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    That was a pretty heart felt piece I thought and wish him the best... As per usual I hope our guys beat his ass on game day. No hard feelings

• Like Like x 2
  21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Wait? He plays for the Nashville Titans now? Cool to know. Is Elvis going to rise from the dead and sing the National Anthem also?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I miss the days in the NFL when most players would join a team and stay till they retired or were let go...
    The idea of a "TEAM" today seems as temporary as one season to the next. There was a time when people were proud to play for a team and couldn't imagine playing for anyone else... The "Team" has been lost to contracts and salary caps... I never seen players switch teams as much as today, kind of takes away from the idea of a team when you see some of your favorite players, now playing for someone else... at least to me... Loyalty use to mean a lot...

• Winner Winner x 3
  23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I wish Alvin "Bud" Dupree could have stayed a Steeler with the way he finally found his game with TJ on the other side but any more the NFL is just a cash in as much as you can when the opportunity hits. I don't blame him at all but it's getting harder and harder to purchase any players jerseys.

One thing that stuck out is when he speaks about MT. It seems all the players love this guy for being a super great guy. I have no problem with that at all but what I would like to hear instead of how is Mom and the kids, uncle Bobby and Aunt June?? but how in the hell do you plan on wrecking Tom Brady game all day Sunday? Show me that you can do that.

24. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Ah, Thank ya, Thank ya very much..................

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe if they were in Memphis