1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to put positive spin on FA losses

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Mar 17, 2021.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mines.gif

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes and in that article is this quote I posted to you in my last response. Let’s try this again.

In a lot of ways, [playing slot corner is more difficult]," Fox analyst and former safety Charles Davis said. “The outside corners would tell you: ‘That’s cool, I get all that. But the horses still run outside. I’ve still got to go cover Julio [Jones]. I’ve got to cover Odell [Beckham Jr.]. Oh yeah, I get used to these big horses, and now I’ve got to go cover Tyreek Hill, who plays outside.’ Both sides can make their case, and there’s pros and cons.”

“Outside corners”, you know, people who are actually playing the game. Do you think this is poker, the highest hand wins? Oh I got Deion on my side, that means all these other football players opinion doesn’t matter. And then the last part that is in bold :hmm:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well a year and a half...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Did you see me say anything about Charles Davis. Reread. I reiterated what deion and Desmond King said.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So are we going to debate using our own knowledge or just have a battle of quotes by former players? You may want to drop the Analyst part from your user name.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Holy ****! Something wrong with you. I know what Deion and Desmond said and I countered with what OTHER CB’S SAY. What, they don’t count? They play in the NFL, too.

You’re argument is so pathetic and weak that you are trying to cling to what a HOF says is more important than what any other NFL player says.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you're alright with looking like a total Buffon then by all means carry on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Colbert making sure he clears the roster before he leaves.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    To the people here? I don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok you gave 1 person. I gave you like 5.. and one of them being the best to ever play.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Again I use players to further backup my points I make because they know the game more than anyone on this board.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well then I guess just shut this board down then.

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No. This board is made for who it's made for.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So to clarify you don't have a minds of your own?

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who made who and who made you?

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I do. My mind is one that aligns with those who played the game.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You mean your minds?

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually no, he was recanting conversations that he has had with CB’s and how they feel that have it harder because they cover the horses outside but really doesn’t matter because what we established is that you don’t understand what an opinion is.

Also, Deion saying he doesn’t think he couldn’t play inside doesn’t mean he thinks slot CB’s can play outside. So, like I said, different skill set which is why the Steelers went with Sutton because he offers more versatility.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    When did I ever talk about why the steelers went with who over who? I was strictly talking about how the slot is HARDER than outside. Never said which one makes more, who's more important, etc.. I simply stated anyone who has played or knows ball, knows the slot is harder than the outside.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Trying to make you see the flaws in your argument.

If you think the best CB’s play in the slot you really don’t know **** about football which is sad because you say you play the sport.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we may get our chance to see sutton on the outside soon. as i said steve nelson is the one i'd let go and boom. vince gone boom. finney back, boom. i feel like nostradumbass. trevor williams? pierre? layne? draft pick? :cool:

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    D. Sanders is not the best 2 ever play ...no matter what he or the press like 2 preach.
    I'd take Mel Blount, or R. Woodson any day.
    If you take away D.Sanders kick returns.....what does he lead in...besides telling you how great he was.
    I'm sure your going 2 go get some quotes now.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Actually, it's just under 6'1" the past few years. But that's largely moot, as you're accounting for every WR on an active roster. If you want to really zero in on how a particular WR like Brown or Hill compared to others running similar routes you need to match the data accordingly. Suffice to say there have been plenty of successful WRs below 6'0" in the league. Brown and Hill are not aberrations.

Being an internet message board people are open to 'chime in' on subjects. That's what makes it a message board. And when you quote a post of someone's and direct a response specifically to what they wrote, it actually is on you to figure out who you're talking to and what you're trying to say. Something that unfortunately doesn't appear to be one of your strong suits.

That's great for you. To others it may matter what kind of person a player is. And that it no way means they 'forgot what he did on the field.' More empty logic.

Lol. There are plenty. But it's not my job to do your homework for you, though that seems to be one of your tropes. You've used it in other threads when you bring a myopic point of view and argue it incessantly. You don't even see when some of the articles you post counter the point you insist is obvious to everyone that 'knows ball.'

• Like Like x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Brown and hill are not the norm either. And the number of under 6'0 successful receivers are far lower than the number of receivers that have been successful over 6'0. So how are they not aberrations?

And when someone replies to me on a conversation I'm having with someone else, it's on them to correctly address whatever points on making. Why is it on me when I wasnt talking to you in the first place lol?

And its great for you, others, or anyone on this board who cares more about someone as a person than what they do on the field. More power to them and you if that's how you operate. And maybe you should take a look through these boards and see the takes people have had on AB as a player since he left. The fans are the primary reason he is odds with and took the shots he took at juju as a football player. You all were acting as if juju was on his level which was an insult and essentially forgetting how great of a player he was.

I linked the specific article I linked because I liek to provide direct quotes of the sentiments im echoing. So therefore quotes sometimes are in articles that overall don't agree with the quote stated within the article. And oh well. I have shown what people who have played the game have said and even provided technical reasons such as the spacing as to what he slot is the harder cover than outside. But some one hsibbaord tried to spin it as me saying the slot is more important than the outside lol. Two things can be true. The slot can be harder to cover but the outside can be the more important position.