1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dax Prescott signs a new contract with Dallas

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 8, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

It looks like he got a 4 year 160 million deal :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wonder how Much He screwed them for(here comes Blast) and how many years?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Cowboys with dak are better than Steelers lol in the end both do squat

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Insanity

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah that’s nuts lol. Had a ton of yards because they played from behind quite a bit

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s a lot of cheese.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t. Need a QB to win but then you handcuff the team to build around you so you can win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    There goes their SB chance. :crybye:

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    They 'saved 15 million' on this years cap by signing him and not using the tag, but still over the cap. I have not looked at their cap situation, but the window to fix the D is extremely narrow. If they are hoping for a huge cap surge be a new TV deal to make this fit, well good luck because that will only mean other positions will be wanting their big payday as well.

The love for Dak in the media astounds me, sure good for him getting the money, but some of the comments this morning were gag worthy. "Still underpaid", "Has already is a top 3 QB, no pressure on him as he has already proved himself". Huh? Then the follow up, Now Rodgers will get a 150 million guaranteed extension. There is only 1 SB winner each year, and it you pay that kind of money it does not increase your chances...the window narrows.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Everyone wants to get paid more than the last. Everything is just a penis measuring contest. I mean I would love to slap my face with my own but let’s be real

10. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The market will go as high as the owners are willing to shell out, but there is no real performance eval that makes any sense. Yes Dak has some decent stats, he team (when he starts) also has a sub 500 record against winning teams...One of the early morning guys was trying to say only the top QB's could command this type of money, the other's coming up will have to take less, really? If a couple of the younger guys take their teams on a deep P/O run they are going to expect more, and get it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You might be better off drafting a QB every 4 or 5 years and take your chances that you get one that's good enough and let him walk when his time is up. Keep building the rest of the team. Maybe if you're on the verge, you do a tag year and see what happens. The QB money is out of hand.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    McCarthy is sus, Dak will have to lead them past 3rd in their division.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Dak might be the best fantasy qb out there.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Who the hell is Dax Prescott?

16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    C82AB846-BFBA-4F7C-B7DF-817E7C6DEBDC.jpeg

17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    The problem is the market is already too high. When one player is making 1/5 to 1/6th of the salary cap with 52 other players needed thats a huge issue. Somewhere along the line owners and GM's got scared to say no and worried that a guy would walk and win a superbowl elsewhere. Thats when this pattern of paying most QB's more than the last guy got started. Why a top 15 QB deserves to be paid like he is in the TOP 3 is beyond me.

Another interesting fact for the Cowboys is (by the way i live in Dallas) is the breakdown of teh cap. They have 115 on offense, 68 on Defense and 6 on special teams. Jerry Jones is playing Fantasy football with a real NFL team. This is why they never do anything and consistently fail. JJ likes shiny new offense toys and doesn't respect Defense at all. They have most as much money tied up in 3 offensive players as the entire defense and thats with those 3 players having money pushed into further years for their cap hit this year. Dak is going to cost 50 - 60 mil against the cap next year. Thats absurd!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    On another thread there was a comment on the Caps within the various pro leagues. While I think it impossible to really make accurate comparisons (soft vs hard cap, guaranteed contracts,etc), I did fine something interesting, the NHL
    CBA on the cap has a 20% limit on one player. There are exceptions and the roster is a lot smaller. The market will always set itself, and the QB will likely always be the hot ticket.

19. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    yes the QB will always be the highest paid position. But at some point the owners and GM's will say enough is enough. At some point any one player taking up to much of the cap will make it not possible to compete realistically. Also the insanity of any starting QB being halfway decent getting to one up the last guy will have to change at some point. you see alot more Jared Goff's than you do Mahommes lately. (cough cough carson wentz).