1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If the Steelers go defense in the first round it should be this guy

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Feb 25, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Interesting.

I made a thread about the Hazing Incident Parsons and Penn State had to deal with a couple weeks back. Why does it now have more relevance now than it did weeks ago is interesting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I will be surprised if the Steelers don't add some UFA O lineman to the mix prior to the draft. The Steelers will fill all the spots prior to the draft with someone they would be okay with starting for the year if they can't get one in the draft. I can see Chuks/Dotson/????/DeCastro/Banner as the possible starters on Oline. I expect that Center position to be filled prior to the draft. Does that mean we won't take a center? No it doesn't. I just look at this, the players at positions who have the largest potential impact to THIS coming year are RB and ILB. The right ILB can play almost every down. The right RB can help change our running game. There is no promise that ANY olineman we draft will even play a snap. Every position on defense we draft other than ILB is depth not a starter other than maybe NT and they don't play every down any more. We have 3 solid WR. We have a starting QB and TE. An upgrade to Vince Williams or Benny Snell will have the largest impact UNLESS they draft a stud center. That all being said, free agency and Ben R. control our destiny more than anyone else.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    slot corner? losing hilton and sutton will impact the defense. haden gets dinged up pretty regularly. since 2008 teams are running multiple WR sets at about 60% of the time. corner is a need.

snell had some pretty good games last year when he started. mcfarland will be in year two and should improve as well.

i don't see them waiting to draft a center past the 2nd.

we have already brought in linemen that will make this team as backups. a couple are guys that were on our PS from last year. coyle, walton, leglue, jones, and we brought in collins as well.

we also need some depth at center. thats why i like a guy like olson from Minnesota as a late rounder. double digit starts at all 3 interior spots in the big 10. nice guy to have sitting in the wings. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't think that both Sutton and Hilton will go. One of them will stay and be the slot corner. That being said, I really think Pierre has a ton of talent to play press man. I think he is the backup outside corner.

I'm not saying CB isn't a need or isn't a position that we add someone at, but only that I don't think it will be the first round, because I don't think we need a starter.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could see a journey man capable of playing center added until our
    2nd round draft pick is ready to start at center.

• Like Like x 1