1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope this helps us

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lamberts lunatic, Oct 19, 2012.

1. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ed Reed has a torn labrum. Just heard it down here on Miami sports talk :herewego:

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    sounds like a female damage

3. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    wow, it sounds like most Steelers fans on this board are banking on the Ravens falling apart due to thier injury woes.

i want the Steelers to win because they are the best team out there. not because other teams better than them didnt have their best players on the field.

i know the Steelers are also banged up, but even at full strength their defense is probably not as good as the Ravens is anymore.

besides, if the Steelers make it to the playoffs because the Ravens are hurting. how far do you think the Steelers will actually go? right now they are not a playoff team and would probably lose to any NFC playoff team and most of the AFC playoff teams.

they need to turn things around and hopefully they arent banking on other teams injuries like some fans around here are.

4. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Don't count me in that group lovembig.
    While injuries to other division rivals certainly help, it ultimately gives a false sense of ability to compete.
    The Steelers need to get back to smash mouth football and roll over any competitor healthy or not.
    Would it better for everyone to root for food poisoning to the entire bengals team Sunday night and that they don't even come out of the locker room?

5. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    im not calling anyone out, but im sure there are people around here that get exited everytime a Raven goes down.

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Count me among the excited....I could care less if we beat them with Flaco, and Ray, and Ed.....as with Bert, Ernie, and Big Bird.....a win is a win...Ill take them anyway I can get them.

I would rather get a W with them completely beat down, than a L with them healthy.

HACK

7. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Sounds like a forfeit to me. Bert and Ernie would be too busy beating each other in the locker room and Big Bird will be standing in the soup line after Nov. 6th. A "W" it is then. Up next. The Three Stooges! Bring em on! Hopefully the refs can call a fair game on that one.

8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well in a perfect world I would love to see all teams battle each other at full strengh. But I guarantee Raven, Bengal, and Browns fans are loving the fact that our O line is a mess. Troy is out. Mendy, Redman, Ben are hurt. Ike can't cover anybody and our defense gives up leads in the 4th Quarter. At this point , I will take what I can get given our current state. :herewego:

9. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    This is great news.

The Steelers have felt the injury bug too much the last few seasons, I'm glad it's finally started going after those stupid Ravens.

Now, if only Rice went down for the season...

10. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    when i was a kid i had a friend that used to wish that other teams planes would crash so his team would win by forfiet. he used to root for ather players to get injured.

i guess im a bit old fashioned, but i preffer to see my team win when the other team is at full strength and has no excuses.

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Pitts is always injured and getting beat. Lets see what the rats can do with their injuries.

12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    No Excuses...No Explanations!

When Tom Brady went down week one a few years back...it was the only time in my life I said these words week one of the season

"The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl!"

and they did.....I don't care that Brady was not around....they didn't make it....and we did.....Ill take the ring.

HACK

13. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    2005, Bengals fans still claim Steelers would not have won the SB if Palmer doesn't go down in the AFC Wild Card.

I'm not saying I agree... But this may be an answer to your question. Any given Sunday...

14. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Hey - the way that I look at it - there aren't any tears shed when we lose our whole offensive line in one game. There won't be any tears shed on Sunday when we go without Mendenhall or Redman. Did anyone hear opponents complaining last year when they had to play the Steelers without Woodley or Harrison?

Yeah - I want my team to win against the best - but more importantly, I want them to win. I'm not going to shed any tears or spot the Ravens any points because their defense is banged up. If the standard is the standard for my team - it should be the same with theirs. If they want to be the best, they should have backups who can step in and win it for them. If we end up playing those backups and beat them, then we're the better team, period. No one looks at the standings at the end of the year and takes away wins and losses because of injuries.

Once the playoffs start, anything can happen. The key is to get in and anything that helps the Steelers get in the playoffs is a positive step.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i'm one of them

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers should only worry about what they can control, and thats the STEELERS!
    Who gives a rats ass if Ed Reed is hurt? The Steelers need to improve in every facet of the game,
    they can contol this by OUT WORKING thier opponent and preperation to DETAILS, do you hear
    me Mike Tomlin?

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Our steelers are nowhere this season.Its a wash.Even with raven players hurt we might not beat them.Offense is not efficient enough and defense can't stop anyone.

18. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No one cares if our stars get hurt and they get excited. And Im one of those too. :clapping: :clapping: I would love for us to be healthy and them to be down a few guys.

The hate and rivalry between the Ratbirds and us will be there a lifetime. But the smash mouth, hard hitting, smack talking of a few years back is gone for the moment. :cry: :cry:

19. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I know Tomlin says it all the time, but it really is a game of attrition. I'll gladly take the win even when we play against a team missing their superstars. They are supposed to have great backups. It's part of the game.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yep. This was my first thought. ;)

What the hell is he doing with one of those? Although he is a Raven and that could explain it. :roflmao:

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This pretty much sums up the way I feel.

Good work Bates, you saved me the time it takes to type out a well thought out response (which given my IQ is about 3 to 4 hours).

22. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've torn my labrum twice. You lose strength in that arm however depending the severity of the tear (mine were pretty bad) he could go months (i did, played baseball) while still playing and do the surgery after the season. If Ed Reed was a QB he'd need to go under the knife ASAP. The only thing is he could make the tear worse if he tries to tackle someone.

23. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    No problem BB. Once in awhile I'm able to put together a thought or two that is lucid. I'm just tired of hearing people say that if the injuries to other teams help us get into the playoffs that, 1. We shouldn't be there because we didn't beat the starters, and 2. We won't go anywhere in the playoffs.

Let's see. Last year, we had Woodley out for the last 4 or 5 weeks. We had Harrison out in the middle of the season and then suspended at the end. Ben was playing on one leg. Pouncey went down late in the season. There wasn't a single call for Denver to play with only 10 players on the field, or to make their defensive line count to 5-Mississippi before rushing. We went into the playoffs hurting, but the favorites to move on. Oh - then Denver pulls off the OT "upset".

Again - once the playoffs start - anything can happen. Teams that aren't expected to win come out on top. Teams that are expected to dominate end up losing. Freak plays happen. Kickers miss field goals. One team's defense gets hot and another team's offense goes cold. So, the key is to get into one of those six spots. Start playing in January and you just might end up in the Super Bowl. Does ANYONE remember the Super Bowl XL year? Three road games - three wins. The underdog in FOUR post-season games - and we end up with a Lombardi.

So - if members of this board want the NFL to come up with an "injury rule" that spots injured teams points in order to level the playing field that's fine. More realistically, if they want to discredit OUR team because we may end up playing a team that isn't at full strength, that's fine too. I just want my team to win games against the teams on their schedule. So far, that hasn't gone so well. So, now I need MY team to win, and other teams to lose. The best way for that to happen is if the injury bug flies around their camps like they have around Pittsburgh the past couple weeks.

If the Ravens can win the division with a banged up defense, I'll tip my cap to them. But until that happens, I hope that the injuries continue to pile up and they end up losing games because of it. Why? Because then MY team has the better chance of getting into the playoffs and competing for a 7th trophy.

:herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :steelflag: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!: :herewego!:

24. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    hope it lingers all year for him

25. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good.
    I couldn't care less if we beat the Ravens with scabs off the street starting for them. A win is a win. They get no sympathy from me as I'm sure that the Steelers got no sympathy from Raven fans. Ray Rice has been in the league what, four years now? Yep, just about due for an ACL..