1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers offense easiest to prepare for.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 9, 2021.

1. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    They wern't predictable until after the 1st Ravens game when Ben went no huddle 5 wide n it seemed they/he stuck to that and all the new stuff was out

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I agree for the most part, Ray. But I think we did read the writing on the wall. Most folks recognized the flaws and knew that we'd be hard pressed to beat good teams with all the mistakes by Ben, poor OL play, no running game, and of course bad situational coaching and lack of adjustments. But we were mostly cautiously optimistic that lady luck would continue to be on the Steelers side and that somehow, the flaws would get attention and improve and the coaching staff would find ways to make the flaws to not be fatal. Unfortunately the injuries didn't help and Tomlin and his staff continued their inept attempts at pounding square pegs into round holes. That is a Tomlin trademark and what he does best, along with playing down to the competition.

The way an 11-0 team hit the skids so bad to lose 5 out of their last 6 games and get handled the way they did by little brother was just completely unacceptable. If that isn't another nail in the coffin for Tomlin, then I don't see Rooney ever doing what should have been done 5 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yep and once Ben is gone it will all be laid bare. Those wanting Ben to hang it up should pump the breaks because this team could very easily become the yearly bottom dweller of the north.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This argument is so weak. Ben is done. We have to move on at some point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Ben threw for 33TDs in 2020 and won a SB in 2008. This is nonsense. He was a top QB last year. I saw zero drop off in his game. He might be better than Brady was at 38

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In the second half of the season he struggled, he threw too many ints.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can name a bunch that struggled at points in the season. I do remember people on here saying Brady is done after that ( I believe it was) Sunday night game they got spanked by the Saints. ( If some say you didn't say it. I will go back 2 the game on here and point out names) A couple of picks , no Tds, and couldn't compete a ball over 7 yards.
    Point is . Most struggle at some point. Ben's just happened 2 be later.
    I swear he must have pissed in some of your milk. Just came off a major surgery. If it was anyone, and I mean anyone else. It would be he just came off a surgery. If it's Ben. He's done. 33 tds 10 ints.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A QB struggling is going to affect the team more than a RB or WR, Ben ints hurt the team against Buffalo, WFT, Cincinnati, Cleveland playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Anyone that has been a member for any time here knows I’m as optimistic as they get when it comes to the Steelers.
    Ben can’t get under center for some reason.
    Ben can’t execute a QB sneak.
    Ben can’t run play action.
    Ben can’t consistently throw an accurate deep ball anymore.

I’m not sure what the reasons are. Is it his knees? His elbow? Is he stubborn?
    All I know is he can’t or won’t do the most basic things that a QB should be able to do.
    I think we get too caught up in what Ben has accomplished in the past and not what he’s still able to accomplish.

If these issues with Ben could miraculously change then sure I’d be happy to have him as our QB.

Do you honestly see him being that player that can lead us to a championship in the future?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    This franchise and many fans have a tendency to reminisce way too much about the past and not look toward the future. Going all the way back to the 70's. I think Ben will be back unfortunately for this reason among others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How is that against what I said. Did I bring up Rbs, Wrs? Maybe I'm confused.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes
    I guess coming off major surgery, and getting his knees cut in half in Dallas count 4 nothing. With all that the man had 33 tds, 10 ints

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m sorry, but every year it’s a different excuse with Ben. I’m over it already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because you mentioned a bunch that struggled, I was pointing out the fact the QB is going to have a bigger impact on the team.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    ATL finished at 24.8 PPG, good enough for 16th in the NFL in 2020.

16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think this post is spot on Glenn. My issue is that the steelers have yet to get serious about finding his replacement. His replacement is STILL not on the roster yet they continue to dick around with these career backups. Haskins is just another joke of a signing. Even with all of Ben's shortcomings and declining skillset, he is a better option, BY FAR, to what is behind him on the depth chart. Until they actually get a legit franchise QB either through the draft or FA, their best option is to continue to ride the wheels off Ben. But reaching for questionable QB talent in mid to late rounds of the draft and digging through other team's garbage pile, isn't going to force Ben to retire. The bottom line is that the FO has failed to prepare for the post-Ben future and are now forced to choose from bad options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's cool. I was only talking about Qbs. I get confused. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1