1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 9, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's unhappy with the Seahawks, should the Steelers trade for him, and cut Ben. Wilson complained about being hit too much, the Steelers are good at pass protection :hehehe:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LOL. Actually he's the only Qb that has been mentioned as a trade (for real or not) that I'd take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    God, what would that take, considering what Detroit got for Stafford? I think Stafford can be good but he's not on Wilson's level. And you better have some serious cap space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's fun to talk about trades like this but disheartening because you know they'll never happen in a million years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    4-5 first rounders lol not joking

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think you can only trade picks 3 years out or less. So, prob three 1st's and at least two 2nd's.

Or there's gotta be players involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It take a king’s ransom to land Wilson, but Seahawks should make him happy they be a 3-13 team without him

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    One is looking at three 1s for Wilson to acquire him; minimum. That said, I would not do it. Never mind the trade though, even if Russell Wilson had a stellar Offensive Line a la the Indianapolis Colts, he still needs a defense comparable to that of the "Legion of Boom". His Super Bowl Years were with that team and he has not recaptured that since.

For that matter, look how he has literally went from red hot to ice cold during the seasons of 2018-2020. During those three seasons, Russell Wilson was either an NFL MVP Favorite or vying for that spot in the first half. In the second half of those aforementioned three though, he has flamed out and imploded during that span. Keep in mind that these past three seasons have been Russell Wilsons best from a statistical standpoint. For me personally, the abilities to get to the big game with him are not in question. My question has been this since the collapse of the "Legion of Boom";

Is Russell Wilson consistent enough for a full season to get a team to the promised land?! From what has been seen the past three seasons, mark me as a no. Why Russell Wilson continues to flame out during the second half of the season is a MAJOR CONCERN that any Super Bowl aspiring team should ask; doubly so if the same Russell Wilson is tearing it up during the first half of that season with those same Offensive Line concerns.

One final aspect to cover. Given these past three seasons and how they have ended for Russ, one has to pose the question. Is Russell Wilson overrated?! Sounds silly but these past three seasons give more strength to this question than one realizes.

• Like Like x 5
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They should take all the QB's this season with uncertainty for where they may end up and put them on a carousel while putting team logo's surrounding the outside and gradually make it go faster til they all fly off and land on whatever franchise they hit. Gooddell could run around the outside of it and make the announcements as he eliminates the logos one by one.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I’d rather have Watson.

12. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    came here just for this thread and was not disappointed. :)

but yet would be damn nice.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Never.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Seems the thread from your quote to here believes the Stafford trade set the market and it’s a pure Wilson vs Stafford trade. But let’s not forget the Rams coach was unhappy with Goff and his contract was an albatross around their necks. So, the Rams gave up what they gave up to remove themselves from that contract.

Just imagine all 17 games next year Mahomes plays like he did in the Super Bowl. The Chiefs start singing Janet Jackson and wish to move on. Other teams think he’s done and don’t want that contract. So the Chiefs make the trade tenable by adding picks.

My point is, I’m not sure Stafford set the market for trades. Few teams repeated what the Saints did when they acquired Ricky Williams in the draft. Few teams repeated what the Vikings did to get Herschel Walker. Maybe other GMs read about that and the shook their heads in disbelief.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    So would the Steelers if they gave up what some are proposing for a QB who might be on the decline.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Just an observation of the times wer're in. So many QBs from so many teams changing hands, why? Here we have teams willing to let their QB go (for whatever reason) most likely because they don't feel they will get anywhere with them that matters (otherwise they'd keep them), and there they go to teams who think they can go someplace that matters with the same players. Players like Brady who leave on their own accord are different than those that appear on this board almost daily. And players like Haskins who are just plain bad and are not going to make it in the NFL are not included because they are kicked down the road to whoever is crazy enough to think they can get blood out of a turnip. I'm talking about the Staffords, Watsons Wilsons, Goffs, etc who have done some good things but they, or their teams, feels its time to part ways or are unhappy or whatever. In the end, as of right now, I am not sure it really matters to us as Ben is our starter, Mason the backup, and TBD as #3 (Dobbs?). Of course, this could change tomorrow but as of right now, it is what it is.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You people better hope poor Rudolph is not reading this thread. He is going to feel so unwanted and will stick it in all your faces when he is hoisting the 2023 SB trophy.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm waiting for Mahomes Mommy and Fiance to run him out of KC once their cap gets smashed and then we can spend 90% of our space for him as many on here will think it is a bargain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Gotta love the offseason. :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, I am sure any team trying to trade a certain QB feels like the Stafford deal is A measure, but it still takes two to make the deal. Some owners and GM's will feel pressure and bite, but the reality of the Cap will move that measuring stick greatly. Heard that the rams have traded away 8 first round picks (have not checked, was just quoted on a talk show). The instant gratification may seem right, but if you do not get that SB win then you have screwed the franchise for possibly a decade. Even then that window is very small. I do not know all the players the Rams traded for, but those 8 1st rounders (if they work out) will give you a combined 40 years of service on rookie contracts, You likely will not get half that for the players you traded for, at a far greater expense. Trades can work, but not for the long term in the Rams case.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    More likely to sign Matt Hasselbeck instead. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Green font, this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously :shrug:.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I went and looked at his stats for the last 3 years because I was curious what the stats would show. You're absolutely right, about this year. His second half is far worse than the first half. The 2 years prior to that are too similar to claim that he went ice cold. In fact, there's some numbers in those years that are better in the second half.

Using 8 games from this year is just too small a sample size. Could have been injuries, poor Oline play, poor playcalling, all the hits he's taken, etc. He definitely didn't play as well in the second half of this year, but that's not really the case prior to this year.

If you want to call him overrated that's your right to do so, but there's very, very few people out there who would agree with you, and very likely zero NFL analysts/insiders would agree. There's not many QB's I'd take over him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Can he release the ball in 2.5 seconds? If he can’t the he’s going to get hit playing behind our OL

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Seattle needs the running game to be better than Wilson, he didn't get it done with the uber-talented receiving core. Almost in Brees league with allpro offenses not winning when it counts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1