1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did the Steelers fire Arians?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Feb 8, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's an interview out there when Arians talks about when he was fired from the Steelers. Don't say the f word Bruce you retired remember? Lol. But then he started talking like basically because he let his QB do whatever he wanted, that's why they were successful. Uh Bruce you happen to have the only QB in the league you can do that with and win consistently. It doesn't work anywhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Agreed

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Explicit language warning

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sounds like you're talking about Elway or Fouts!

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe that should be changed to the "Marvin Lewis Trophy"?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I understand what you're saying about the ribbon for playing an NFL season and not winning anything but then I thought, didn't we just win the AFCN? Would that be above and beyond a ribbon at least for 2020?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Just asking a simple question with no strings attached: Do you think that Tampa's team has more talent then any Steelers team over the last 10 years?

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t know about that, but I do think they were healthier than any team he Steelers took to the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Sounds like you forgot about how Ben acted for the first 1/2 - 3/4 or more of his career!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You sure that's not just Brady? Did the same in NE. If the D is back defending pass, he'll call running plays until they stop it. His pre-snap game is elite.

Ben hands off into 13-man boxes and throws up his arms when the play gets blown up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Brady + competent OL = defensive nightmare. It's not scheme or system. He commands the offense and has the experience and ability to find and exploit any weakness or breakdown. You have to play him honest. You can't line up to take away any aspect of the offense or he'll make you pay. But he is human and his losses came when his OL broke down. He would NOT have had the same success if he had started for the Steelers last season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    IMO, no. I don't applaud being irrelevant in the playoffs. If you win every game in the regular season and are one and done in the playoffs, was the season a success? If you're the Bengals, sure. Any second tier team tearing up the regular season gives hope for the future. It's something to build on. It shows you have put something together and can learn and get better.

But that's not the Steelers' situation. We have a LONG history of winning in the regular season. We also have a long history of choking down the stretch. We aren't getting better season to season. We aren't learning from whatever mistakes we're making that kill promising seasons. And we don't get better as seasons go on.

My contention is that the 11 wins that got us the AFCN were just the time it took other teams to figure us out. We didn't improve in that time. We didn't recognize our deficiencies and do anything about them. Tomlin did what he does best, he talks. He is not capable of change. He cannot/will not assess deficiencies and make necessary changes to make us better. We were winning, so don't fix what ain't broken. Well, things were broken from the jump. He didn't fix them. He never does. He makes us no better as a season progresses and no better year to year. But boy can he talk a good game.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's one of the funniest things I seen. At 1st I wasn't sure what I was watching. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Since I don’t live anywhere near Pittsburgh and live in an AFC West town, whatever Ben did, or didn’t do didn’t get a lot of press here.

15. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Any time someone says "no strings attached" I'm sure it means there are infact strings attached haha.

I think that Tampa had a probowl offense and a defense which was coached very well.

I'm sure one could debate certain players but having Brady, Godwin, Evans, AB and Gronk on one team is a recipe for success

• Like Like x 2
  16. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Probably should have added a disclaimer that the language it is NSFW. Actually, that language is perfectly suitable for my workplace. Just not suitable for young ears.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    So, does that non answer mean yes?
    I guess Steelers couldn't name 5 good players to match the ones you listed? PS don't be paranoid about strings. None means none.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    At first I was like. That's a big ole women. Then I was like. Oh! Hell.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    That's one fu dude in more ways then one.

20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    The owner of the steelers Mr.Roethlisberger signed off on it.

• Winner Winner x 1