1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could a healthy D do that?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers have the speed to rush, but not the power that Tampa's D brings...

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And i would take Todd Bowles over Butler in a second.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. Andy seemed to be numb the whole game. Mahomes was running for his life. Drops. The refs as usual were @ss kissing Brady but it's not why KC lost. And the patchwork O Line was being bull rushed time after time and could not find an answer. Tampa's D was nuts! KC's D was getting shelled.

On to 2021...

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is why I've been saying the Steelers have been drafting wrong since the SBXLV loss to the Packers. Steelers should have started drafting 4-3 DTs and DEs... to combat the best NFL QBs. Steelers had power with Hampton, Kiesel and Smith in the 3-4. They do not have the same power with Heyward, Tuitt and insert whoever was playing NT since Tuitt was drafted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep. Our defense is overrated. Until I see this squad shut down an offense in a playoff game I won’t change my mind. Defense as a whole includes the D coordinator lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should've played LeVeon, he's good at pass blocking.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I have been saying for awhile ... Tomlin is a disciple of Dungy. He turned our defense into the Manning-era Colts defense. That D stopped nobody when it counted in the playoffs. Great pass rush, terrible against the run. Colts of that era were one of the most under achieving teams of all time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe they do with Tuitt. I agree with Heyward. Hell I piss my cousin off cause I've been saying that. He's great against the pass (mostly), against the run. Not so much.

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    For what it's worth, I don't really know. With injuries... Without injuries they have had plenty of matchups over the years against injured Olines and don't produce at times. It's weird as hell... I know you can only do so much with injuries to your studs as it is but wholly believe the coaches philosophies and scheme are shot regardless of league leading #'s. Adjustments? Never heard of her

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Giants, Ravens, Tampa, and even the Eagles are all current Super Bowl winners that had very strong, game disrupting Defensive Lines.

I definitely wouldn't go into next season forgetting about helping the Dline in the Draft or free agency.