1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisniewski

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Alleyboyz2121

Alleyboyz2121 Active Member

Jan 11, 2021
    U the dumb ass all there lineman were hurt

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No... Wisnewski plays Guard and Center...The Tackles were hurt... Wisnewski has BEEN playing...Dumb!

3. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Okay wait. So Wis starting in the Super Bowl is somehow about him? Alan Faneca played in 1 Super Bowl. 1. He was a stud. I'm not sure his individual play has anything to do with the fact that he played yesterday.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just a fact. he started at guard for them last year in it and center this year. they thought enough of him to bring him back again. he wouldn't have gotten to play in it here, that's for sure. :cool:

5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Oh, so now you’re skipping team meetings? Did James Harrison get to you, too?!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    Agree its a fact that he started on a team that played in the Super Bowl.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, what does that have to do with us..

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    JC hassenauer.:cool:

8. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    No doubt he could have played some games here. I think we can agree on that. I don't think it would have impacted the long term outcome for this season. We got manhandled in the playoffs. The first snap had us chasing the rest of the game, and the fact is....they wanted it more IMO.

9. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    This.

Wis wouldn't have made a difference on our line. Would he have been an upgrade at his position? Likely. But spreading icing on a pile of crap only makes it smell better for so long. Underneath, it's still crap.

I think we had bigger problems than letting Wis go. But the problems came from the same source. Tomlin and company knew we had OL issues from the jump. They made them worse by forcing the OL to pass protect Grandpa at all costs. We were the most predictable offense in the NFL. Hard to believe it took the league 11 games to figure it out. The season's collapse, as in years past, was due to bad coaching.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    my problem was we let a couple of good players slip away. wis and gray mid season. we were left with the likes of JC having to play guard and center at times. bad management. then we had to sign isidora at that point. waste of money and time we had in those players. :cool:

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wis isn't a good player at this point in his career, losing Gray was a dumb move by the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah. Losing Gray made no sense to me. He played in that one game and the offense looked tons better until they went back to JC.

• Like Like x 1