1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The lesser Devin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HueyWorley, Feb 7, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah what gives

2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Arians wasn’t lighting up the league with Jameis Winston as his QB

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    He was drafted number 5! It’s not like they had a chance and took the wrong guy. Come on this is just silly.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bucs had a choice of Devins

Steelers took only Devin available (of the two ILBs)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    White is for sure the better LB, you’re telling yourself a lie if you say otherwise. But the Steelers would have had to give up a ton more to acquire him. Bush is fast but I don’t think he was worth the top 10 pick. I’d rather have Noah fant

6. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    White is bigger, faster and a better tackler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Their speed at the combine was about the same, both of them ran a 4.4.

8. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Close to the same, but White was slightly faster

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This has to be a troll thread. Devin White was drafted 5 picks ahead of Bush. How would you have liked the Steelers to draft him? It would be expensive as hell to trade up 5 spots, and for what? During the draft, White was considered the better prospect, but how much better? Worth trading up 5 spots? The draft is a bit of a crap shoot. Look at Brady and Brees. Neither were drafted high, that's the way these things go.

White is the better player right now. Will it be that way in 10 years? Who knows. I'm not sold on Bush being the stud that many think he is, whereas White looks like he could be the best LB in the league, but only time will tell. It's a little early to be writing guys off or crowning guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers gonna regret trading up for Bush, too. When you give up that much draft capital, he'd better be a hall of fame type player, not just a poor man's Lawrence Timmons.

Insane reach for a need.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Devin White was gone before we had out selection. Even if we did trade up, there is no way we were going to be able to trade up ahead of Tampa in that draft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We traded up to get Devon Busch.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Please change your Avatar. It freaking depresses me. :(

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    White was selected #5 Overall, 5 spots ahead of Bush

He was the top Linebacker in the draft for a reason, Bush was actual the third linebacker taken.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

As opposed to bury Bush Jr. in his proverbial flower field, how about we see how well he performs in 2021 eh?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know we did trade up to get Devin Bush at the 10th spot. I guess I could have worded that a little better. What I was referencing is the fact we most likely would not have been able to trade up to get the 5th spot away from Tampa to take Devin White.

17. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    But I want to be pissy and complain now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can't blame the Steelers for getting the wrong Devin....The better Devin was already gone.

I was not a fan of Bush coming out. As a Buckeye fan I watched him get his rear handed to him.... he never jumped off the screen in any game I saw him play.

His rookie year he showed me I was probably wrong about him. But year 2 he was not the game changer that the other Devin was.... but we didn't get a full look at him.

I am hoping to see the guy that was worth trading up for bounce back and be the force of nature White is in Tampa

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

What I have been saying this whole time. For that matter, let us play Devil's Advocate here. The Steelers having a Devin Bush Jr healthy for the whole seasons versus a Tampa Bay squad that loses Devin White for the season. Pittsburgh is likely facing Green Bay in the Super Bowl as Pittsburgh's Defense, fully healthy, would have been enough to shut down Kansas City just like Tampa Bay's did.

For that matter, the results would have been likely changed as Tampa Bay's Linebacking Corps and Pittsburgh's Linebacking Corps are Carbon Copies of one another. Losing Devin Bush was immense and would have been no different for Tampa Bay with Devin White the same. Whether or not one player was taken over the other was by no means the deciding factor here as injuries play a part in the game of football just as much as anything else.

So again, let us wait for Devin Bush Jr to perform in 2021 yeah?!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Devin Bush better learn how to defend the pass, he is a liability when it comes to pass defense.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That might be Coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
  23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You think the Steelers would have made the Super Bowl if Bush had stayed on the field? I’m not so sure about that. The offence would have almost certainly let them down along the way. They were unbearable to watch at times.

I do agree that the Pittsburgh 2020 defence is at least as good as Tampa’s but Pittsburgh got gutted by injuries. Tampa improved as the season went on while the Steelers were weakened as they seemed to lose somebody nearly every week. It’s so important to be healthy down the stretch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

My point exactly.

Losing Devin White on the Bucs is the same aspect as losing Devin Bush Jr on the Steelers; speed and range. Every Defense needs this from their Linebackers. If you do not have it, you better be special in other areas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think it’s also worth mentioning that Devin White plays alongside Lavonte David, one of the best off ball linebackers in football. He is excellent in coverage and takes a lot of the difficult assignments, this has made Whites introduction to the NFL a lot easier. He is a stud, was touted as the better player coming out and it does look like that is the case but he has landed in a dream setup with David beside him.

Bush on the other hand has been asked to do a little too much at times I feel. They really need to draft or sign somebody that can cover to play alongside him. Jayon Brown is a free agent and would be a dream signing but I doubt they can afford him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1