1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom (-------) Brady

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 4, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Love him or hate him I believe he accomplished something no one has done before in the SB era. Has to be the only NFL player to play in 10 Super Bowls. I'm not looking it up but I'm guessing there are not many others in the 4 major sports to have played in 10 of their respective Championships. Maybe a few Yankees back in the day when they won the WS every damn year. If Jordan didn't give baseball a shot he probably would have been to 8 straight.

I hate him but I'm not really a Chief fan except for 5 hours last year so I'm pulling for his Bucs just because of the next to impossible accomplishment Brady has pulled off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F.... him! Though I can't take away what he has accomplished. In NE it was a perfect storm. Magical Tuck rule, a few cheating scandals here , and there, taking less money cause his wife's worth billions ( close), and now going 2 a stacked team. Yet ( even though I won't watch) I hope he wins .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah, my interest is low but I do dig the commercials and sometimes the halftime show.

I'll never understand how model's can make so much money. Very short career due to the aging process.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I must have Stockholm syndrome because I admire his greatness. The football gods made it so it has to be this way, I will accept it lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Too bad some of those SB appearances were during years they were later proved to have cheated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    A Steelers fan called into NFL radio and pointed out the magic calls that have gotten him to the Superbowl, add to that cheating scandals (and I didn't care about deflating balls) I don't give him credit for ****

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    My irrational football fan hatred of brady, trumps my growing hatred of mahommes, so I will be rooting for the Chiefs. As for brady, think Hines-Keith Rivers.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cheater from a cheating organization.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I give him credit for being an all time great QB, maybe the most cerebral QB ever. However his championships are inflated by cheating, crazy officiating calls, and a top 5 dumbest SB play call (Pete Carroll).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The last thing I want to see is him winning another one. Mahomes will prevail...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BussyMcBusface

BussyMcBusface Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2019
    **** him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Team Mahomes in the UK here tonight. Tommy crying would make it worth sticking around until 5am.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    My hate for him has waned, but as soon as I saw him warming up doing his pump up scream it reminded me why I dislike him. Hope he goes down in flames tonight. It won't hurt my wallet if that happens btw.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The more I see Tommy the goat boy, the more I dislike him.

• Like Like x 2
  15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You hate Brady, cuz you ain't Brady.

The whole cheating thing is so overblown. You don't get to 10 SBs, 7 wins, and 5 MVPs because of cheating. It's time to accept his greatness.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not now, not never!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I have no issue with Brady. The ONLY reason I rooted against the Bucs in that game was because of AB.

18. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Just go with the . I couldn't stand him for years. The last several though.... different story. We are witnesses to greatness. Accept it. You can't change it. I think it's awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Obviously he is the G.O.A.T. but how? HOW?

It is a statistical anomaly... No other QB is even close to getting to 10 Superbowls, let alone win 7 of them???????

Usually, if you have a statistical outlier it means it is a defect?????

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s the goat but I’m not getting on my knees or anything lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He's still an a**hole.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's never added up has it? Not to mention how average he was in college. I think a big part of this, no other player dedicates their lives to football the way he does. Like other QBs after winning say two SB's they'll say that's good enough for me or not try as hard after that. But this guy, he's obsessed. He has no life outside football it seems, where other players want to do other things. It's an example of someone who won't let go for better or worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That's definitely a factor. I think in terms of his long term success you have to look at his team-friendly contracts as well. You would expect a 10-time SB QB to hold a contract that leaves everyone else on vet minimum.

I know there are various takes on how this happens - which vary from "he's such a competitor he takes less pay in order to win" to the idea that the Pats stitched up the salary cap somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It sucks, but he’s the best.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I still hate the guy but I have to respect him. I never was a M. Jordon fan either but accepted the greatness.

I'd like to say he is finally done but I'm not so sure.