1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers hire a QB coach

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 4, 2021.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No its okay I just don't see the point of firing Coach after Coach and hiring a QB Coach for a QB who does not want to be Coached ..My main point is go ahead and extend Mason ,give the QB coach someone to Coach that will be back ...Heck sign Haskins as well for another year it just seems futile to put in the work and then the FO controls the guys you put the time in with...Throw the man a damn bone..lol

Maybe they will draft a QB then I will feel much better...

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

haskins wins 3 super bowls??? you might want to change PWP to PCP, or LSD. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep I went out there to make a point..No doubt the QB Coach will work with him and if he gets his mind fixed Haskins may be the real deal..Thats the problem he on a 1 year deal so if he does get better he may never take a snap same with Mason...The point is if our QB Coach does a great job next season it will probably benefit other Teams..

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Here’s the thing, if Haskins never gets into a game to showcase his abilities, only the Steelers will know if he is making any progress via practice. No team picked up Haskins when he was free, why would anyone sign him away from the Steelers if they still don’t know what he can do.

I’m sure the Steelers will be in the drivers seat if they want to retain his services.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Haskins is the new Dobbs. Won't see him around much hopefully.

6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The pickup sounds good on the surface for having some young QBs on the roster and with his experience.

Plus is Haskins goes out to the strip club without a mask he can kick his azz.

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Normally I would agree if the issue was talent..In this case it is his maturity and the off field stuff...IMO if he keeps his nose clean the entire season he will have a pretty big market, as he has College Tape that Teams have already seen the skills...His fellow NFL players are stating he has the skills ..

This is my point we will not be in the drivers seat because he will have much more value after a solid year ...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There are hundreds of former players who flamed out of the league whose colleagues said "had skills."
    Mike Sullivan isn't all of a sudden going to turn Haskins into a superstar with no previous experience with this team. Likely scenario is Haskins won't be in the league for long.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Haskins has to learn the X’s and O’x of the game. I was reading about how a coach from Washington said that Haskins does put the work in, goes to meetings, practices hard and all that but then in the game you’d quickly realize he doesn’t get it and you’d be thinking, oh no, he doesn’t understand what is going on. The example he gave was on this one play, he threw the ball to the WR setting the pick instead of the WR running behind him.

Whether he can grasp the mental side of the game, remains to be seen but if he can, he has the talent to go with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Sounds like he’s smart enough, just can’t apply it at game speed. That’s awfully tough to coach up.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard rumors when he was with Washington some thought he was dyslexic.