1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you......

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 29, 2021.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They haven't used a 1st since 2016 but have a very good team. Losing 2 more years worth of 1st's but getting an upgrade at QB for the next 5+ years will make them a better team, IMO. Did they overpay or was that the market for Stafford? We'll never know, but they gave up what they had to give up to upgrade their QB.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Rams record in last 2 years 19 - 13 . Very good team ( how you should do it ) by some standards.
    Steelers record in last 2 years 20 - 12 ( without starting Qb 4 a year) Very bad team (not how you should do it )by some standards. LoL . I feel like I'm in freaking bizarro world.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Do you consider Goff a HOF QB? Tomlin is an ok coach with a HOF QB, McVay is a good (great?) Coach with a mediocre QB. I think Rams now have a legitimate shot at a SB title in the next 2 years. You could have a legitimate argument about the last 2 years, haven't been Ben's best years. But if you make that argument, you would have to at least entertain the idea Ben's best years were squandered.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Tampa has the better defense. KC will win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Alot of that was exchange for guaranteed salary, FWIW.

6. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Say it with me; ALOT OF THE STAFFORD/ GOFF TRADE HAD TO DO WITH A MEDIOCRE QB (GOFF) WITH AN OVER-INFLATED SALARY THAT NEEDED DUMPED.

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    If I were the Steelers right now, I'd listen to trade offers for any of their desirable players, especially if they could get younger, cheaper players and draft picks coming back. The sooner they reset, the sooner they can start becoming a genuine SB threat again. A little bailing wire here and some duct tape there isn't going to get it done. I don't believe they will ever conduct business that way, though. They always want at the very least, a competitive team on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That’s not the word.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So what does it say 4 the Rams ? They signed him. Nobody forced them 2.( Goff) Also no. I never considered him very good. Well not great. You must be good 2 be in the NFL

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

for, to, to.:rules:

C-.

There will be a test on Friday.

Other helpful hints. They're, There, Their ; Two, Too, To.

Please study.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 :dancing: Way faster . If I could come up with a # 4 over ( There), They are ( They're) , or I need ( Their ) help. I would. :cool: Blame it on Prince when I was a teenager.

12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Good thing you don't have to learn Mandarin.;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Trade a stud all-pro OL for a malcontent? NO!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The tad bit of Lao , and German I know . Well. It tells me 2 stick 2 my mixed up English. LoL

15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    All about matchups. Spagnuolo was the DC of the Giants team that beat the undefeated Pats. He'll bring pressure, unlike GB, and that will be Brady's undoing.

Tampa has the better D stats, but I think KC's D will play better in this one.

16. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    Multiple teams could be 3. I personally think there are 12-15 better QBs in NFL than Goff. Josh McCown is well regarded, but that doesn't make him a starter, or even close to Stafford in talent. Same with Goff, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The thing I noticed most about the trade was the value difference between a Franchise QB and a good NFL QB ..So yes the value people are putting on Watson is the value, that means the Texans will want equal to 3 first rounders...That was my point it seems Watt would be worth 2 so it would take at least 1 more 1st. to make that trade ...Is Watson a franchise QB ? If so you make the trade IMO...How many years and picks did it take to find Ben ? That is how I am looking at the value of this fantasy trade..

18. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    It's fun to play the hypothetical game because there are no repercussions. Everything is in a vacuum. Would I love to have Watson at qb instead of Ben next season? There aren't enough explicatives to emphasize just how much I would love to see that happen.

But the words "in this system" really jump out when thinking of dealing a known commodity playing at the highest level of every level for a known commodity who has never played a down in our offense, which happens to be in shambles. We know what we have in TJ. We have absolutely no idea what we would see production-wise on the field with Watson.

So for as much as we need to have already replaced Ben, handed him a watch or a pen or thrown him a "thanks for the memories, but don't let the door hit you on the way out" party, I can't see us pulling a sizeable gear out of our defense to put one in our offense that we don't even know if it fits.

So I guess my answer to your question is no.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Didn't the Texans already put the kabosh on any trade talk or moving Watson to anywhere? Or is this tactics in play?

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This is so true when players go to other teams that think they will get the same production as from where they came. Not all the time. Some players work like magic is some systems and fail in others. Duce and Foles comes to mind. I'd keep TJ any and every day for a potential addition to the offense. And until such player has produced, its just speculation and wishful thinking and hoping by whoever made the deal doesn't look like a complete idiot if it doesn't work out. Not saying it wouldn't, just saying its not guaranteed.

What happens if Stafford goes down with an injury that makes him miss a lot of time and they miss the playoffs? Was it still a good move? Don't want anyone to get injured, but even that is not guaranteed. Glad I am not making these decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think it’d be easier to reshape the offense around a newly-acquired elite QB than to reshape the defense around a stud DE.

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep if building the D then it would make sense to build around an elite CB or a elite Safety... In a passing league with a lot of the passes being quick,,I think you need both and a good Coverage LB as well.. I have always thought that coverage makes the rush ,I know some will say it works together well it does to a point, but if you can't cover for at least 2.5 to 3.0 seconds then no rush will get home..

With the way the rules are now to favor scoring your not going to see many 10 to 7 games anymore, so the keys to me are score and score often and take the ball away on D..IMO you have a much greater chance to take the ball away the better you can cover ...A huge key to being able to have better coverage is the ability to run multiple schemes and coverages...This all starts with DB'S from where I sit..

23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    86WardsWay said:
    Secondly you need defense more than offense to win the Lombardi

Last night proved my point that Defense still wins Championships. Tampa Bays defense had Mahomes scrambling for his life all night last night. 26/49 270 (mostly garbage yards) 0 TD's, 2 Int's. KC's OLine was severely overmatched by the Bucs DLine. The scary Mahomes point machine was held to 3 FG's and therefore KC was never really in the game. The Chiefs looked flat both offensively and defensively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    :dancing: