1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Adrian Klemm

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

It’s no wonder this line sucked ass in run blocking, they operate out of a 2 pt stance on nearly all plays. Sometimes I learn things about this team that are just mind boggling.

Just another reason to move on from Ben because with him back there, pass protection will continue to be the main job of the line.

This line needs to get nasty, hope Klemm can infuse a new attitude with these guys. Pouncey should probably move on, too. Don’t think he’s hungry enough for a run blocking attitude anymore not to mention his skills have diminished.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I remember hearing Big Al is 100% in a 2 pt stance, just due to his size. When they went to zone blocking shortly after 2005 the ability to get tough short yardage went right out the window.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would like to see this and players when they break the huddle run up to the line of scrimmage
    and get ready to put someone one their backside. I want to see urgency on every play. Change the whole mentality
    of the whole team. The players should think we get paid handsomely, lets play with enthusiasm and urgency and as a team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    Let Pouncey go, grab Blythe from the Rams, he will be cheap and is solid or draft a guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Been saying it and I totally agree. The line needs a total attitude transformation, and be rid of the old and in with the new.

Absolutely! It will be shotgun city and same as it ever was and the run game will continue to struggle. And the argument you get is "But, but it's a passing league. Fair enough. But we have seen what happens when your one dimensional. You need a solid running attack.

He is done. Hopefully him and Ben ride off into the sunset and the Steelers start a new chapter.

Klemm has his work cut out for him. If Ben comes back he will have to fall in line to max protect his broken @ss. I am reserved and had hoped for an outside presence. Hope he can work in some solid run blocking as the 1st step.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't know, I just have a hard time believing that a guy who has already been working closely with these guys, is suddenly going to bring this whole new, fresh philosophy that he wasn't already exhibiting since he got here.

Sure Sarrett was the official OL coach but Klemm would've also been working one on one with these guys, giving advice.

I could be wrong, but this really felt like an instance where you go outside of the organization for a fresh perspective.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 pick, but I was reading the other day. The most explosive, and biggest runs this year, by a Rb, came out of the shotgun. I watched a whole breakdown on it. It was interesting.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is what has become a typical Steeler hire. Pass on more qualified candidates in order to promote lesser candidates in house.

Klemm has been here. He has already had his hand in the pot. I have a hard time believing that big changes are coming. Basically more of the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    We can only hope it isn't. If Ben comes back it will be.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Can you post it

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, Klemm works with the rookies and I think we can all agree that Dotson filled in nicely.

Also, there is some incredibly flawed logic going around blaming Canada and Klemm for the work of their bosses. Please, any of you, let me know if you told your bosses how to do their job. Well, told them how to do theirs and kept your job :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I have very little confidence in Klemm. If all the optimism is based solely on one year with Dotson, that isn't reassuring at all. Working with the entire starting OL is a bit more than being with the back ups. The OL was terrible last year and he was a part of it in some form or another. Same HC, same promoted offensive coaches. We'll see how this turns out.

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That's a valid point.

I think coaching is usually more of a collaboration, especially amongst assistant coaches. :shrug:

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So hiring from the coaching carousel of people repeatedly hired and fired is reassuring?

I’ll take this guy and hope he’s up to the task.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I get it that we are a little wary of internal hires especially after Fichtner but Canada is basically an outside hire, brought from the college ranks last year and exactly the outside the box thinking I like to see. And for what it’s worth, the stuff he was injecting was successful but the team moved away from it for some reason.

Klemm, I don’t know, we’ll see but I like what Foster and Trai have said about him and I like that he has played the position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Give Klemm a chance to work with "his guys in his room" , meaning clean house .

18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, teams fire entire staffs each year and sometimes it works out (KC, TB for instance) and sometimes it doesn't. Not a new thing that happens in the coaching world including Klemm who was run out of UCLA for other than honorable reasons. The goal of hiring talent isn't hoping it works out. I'd be looking for someone who has been with proven success and who can bring and instill that in us (i.e. fresh and new ideas and culture). Coaches coming from failure doesn't excite me. Unfortunately, we take the easy and lazy method of next man up and how has that been working for us lately?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Noll said you don't motivate with cheerleading, you motivate by preparing your players to succeed, and putting them in positions to succeed. Then they can't wait to go to work.

Our offensive linemen never looked motivated. Almost had a look of defeat before the first snap.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't blame them. Seeing the same failed play called time after time isn't vey motivating.

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    For alot of you who are pining their hopes on " Well, he worked with Dotson and .......)

Dotson was the highest rated RUN blocking Guard coming out of College...He slipped to us because the pundits weren't assured of his pass blocking...And thankfully his pass blocking was good!

Now......Can THAT be attributed to Klemm?

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Klemm? upload_2021-2-3_10-29-15.jpeg Hopefully not the same guy. ;)

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah but it was his pass blocking that he excelled at as a pro and graded out much higher than his run blocking.

No sacks, no hits and 1 hurry.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They were terrible at run blocking, not at pass protection.

• Dislike Dislike x 1