1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

trade

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Feb 1, 2021.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If you can get a 2nd rounder for DeCastro, grab it with both hands and run! It’s better to get rid of a guy a yr too early than a yr too late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Disagree.

Yes, DeCastro is likely worth that much but who is replacing him?! Keep in mind that there still is no Offensive Line Coach and that presumed replacement will likely need to be taught the fundamentals of how to play with skill and technique while using their athletic abilities in the NFL. Even accounting for that, there is still the learning aspect of the position as well; far more nuances to the position of playing Offensive Guard than one gives that position credit for. That position does require sheer ferocity and brute forced but those alone will not be enough to succeed in this league. Skill, technique, situational awareness and good Football IQ are just some of the many tools that the presumed successor will need to succeed.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Normally I'd agree, but with our OL needing a rebuild we can't afford to get rid of the good ones.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Our o-line situation is too dire to trade decastro and then try to develop more than one new starter...….. keep him and develop his replacement behind him

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I fear it got more dire with the rumour about promoting from within for the new OL coach.

6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I hope not...…. one would think that we learned our lesson from the last hire

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    DeCastro isn't worth a second round pick at this point in his career, he's 32 and coming off a bad season, he's also in the last year of his contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am open to trading anyone on this current roster, but the return has to favor
    the Steelers. We have good players on the roster, that need coached up and a fire lit
    in their butt andto play with urgency and have fun playing the game correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Yet the Browns found replacements and were able to survive without practice.

10. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    Brendan Scherff would too I would guess. I would love to have his run blocking.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think the Jenkins kid in Green Bay would fetch a first as well. Fantastic Guard with Center experience, a real building block

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Dotson adjusted fairly well on the line without a preseason. Is there another one out there that plays guard?

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This would be more impressive if they didn't get beat the next week. I know I wouldn't change 2 much of myself 2 be like the guy who got fired the day after me.

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Because that Browns Offensive Line is Top Five Overall. In addition, not a single starter was 30 or over in 2020. Pittsburgh had three. Major difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hmm:

You mean as a second round pick?! Or first?! My apologies as I do not know which round of pick you are referring to here! :)

16. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    I would think he would garner a 1st, he is that good.

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm..

I am not so sure. He is quite good. That said, Quenton Nelson is on another level of good; the Hall of Fame Caliber type of good.