1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben worst rated QB over last 5 weeks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    2015 Peyton Manning hit a similar wall, and retired. Steelers gonna extend Ben. No words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I got 1 it’s called Complacency

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s both actually. $12.5 million for an extension signing bonus, and $9.75 million for restructuring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    It's not for fans who care only about fantasy points and stat sheets, as they grade every play subjectively, regardless of outcome.'

QB A throws a pass directly to a DB, who lets it go through his hands to a receiver for a TD.

QB B throws a pass directly to a WR, who lets it go through his hand to a DB for a pick six.

QB A has better stats, but QB B should be graded higher.

5. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ben is getting old. Seems to me more of an accuracy issue as the season got later.

We should move on, but it looks like he is playing another year. I think we will eek out an 8-8 year.

Need to fix the O-line in this draft/off season.

6. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Yeah......it is! Ben is toast, we're in salary cap Hell, and our offense sucks!

[​IMG]

^^^ Current position of some Steeler fans.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1. I dont play fantasy football.
    2. One Qb throws 1 pick , 2 tds , and fumbles the ball away. Loses the game . The other Qb throws 2 tds , runs another td in , no turnovers , and wins the game . Yet second Qb had a lower PFF ranking. I don't know what algorithm that's used to come up with that. ( sounds like crap) Maybe you can explain that. Also I watch the games. I don't just look at stats & highlights.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Payton Manning 9 tds - 17 ints
    BEN 30 tds - 10 ints
    Yeah that's real similar.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Again, did you watch every play or just look at the stat sheet? What was the context on the TD throws - perfect hole shot, or bubble screen that went 80 yards, or any of the continuum of possible plays in between?

Grading is and should be subjective, and without watching the plays I can't give you an answer.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did. You. Read. The post reply. I said . I watched the Game. I make No statements about something I dont watch.

11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Manning 6.8 YPA, Ben 6.3.

Dead arm == dead arm.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah ok

13. Andy Russell

Andy Russell Active Member

Dec 14, 2020
    Look at the QBs in KC and Baltimore! Mahomes and Jackson are two of the most mobile guys in the league. Ben is probably the least mobile. If Ben can’t get the ball away in 2.7 seconds the play is over.

14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It’s very hard to deny that Ben was bad in the last 6 games (playoff included).

His QB rating was low 80s in that stretch, the league avg was 93. Those QB rating are what Nick Mullens and Cam Newton did this yr. He was barely 6 yd per att. And not only was the passing ineffective, they threw nearly 50 times a game. Low efficiency at high volume, that how you go 1-5.

Yeah,, maybe his knee was hurting, but 38 yr old guys wear down as the season goes on. This happens to 39 yr old guys too.
    Yeah, he didn’t have a run game, I doubt he gets one next yr that much better.
    People want to point to the 2nd half vs Indy, and say : See, he’s still got it! Sorry, he played two good halves in his last 12. I don’t think those 2 were the norm, and the last 10 were the aberration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ben has never been a great deep ball passer. He is even worse now. I’ve heard but hadn’t seen it that he is ranked near the bottom with catchable passes over 15 yds in the air. Watching every game I believe that stat.

His legs are no good, he is a zero threat to run. From the neck up he is still a HOFer and if he call his own plays he’s dangerous BUT that is probably over too. Defenses figured him out, and loaded the box on him shutting down the run game and limiting his short throws. Stone hands Enron didn’t help nor greasy gloves Johnson.

Sad to say we all know it, he’s at the end of his career...... he’ll probably play one more year, convince a washed up pounced to return, 3/4 thru the season he’ll get an injury and Mason will finish out the year and we’ll miss the playoffs ........

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    B was happening to Rudolph left and right when he was starting in 19, which is why I wasn’t tearing into him as hard as some

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why doesn't Ben run the QB sneak anymore?

I watched old man Bray and Brees run it multiple time with success in the playoffs this year!

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Simple answer is they still have the knee health and are not scared .. Ben can't drive a pile and he doesnt want to be hit anymore .. It all leads to the no PA game , the Shotgun, and dink and dunk offense...

19. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Doesn’t Cris Collinsworth own PFF?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1